Nice Aparts/condos 4 Less Than 8000/month?

Hi all !!

It seems to be impossible to find a nice apartment or condo for less than 8000 per month !?

We only need wireless internet access, BTS access and a nice, furnished room.

Your suggestions are appreciated :o

That completely depends on your definition of "nice appartment".

Have you ever visited a young Thai office-worker's rented one-room flat in Bangkok?

It's common to pay 3000-4500baht per month for such a flat (usually just called "my room"). As you state in your other post, you have no need for western luxuries, this might be perfect for you. If it's good enough for a large number of white-collar workers, you may also consider it "nice". An added benefit is that virtually 100% of your neighbours will be Thai.

cheers

nm

• 2 weeks later...

8000? And u ONLY needs that few things? hehehe, I rent u out a penthouse for that price n give you a bottle of champagne every morning.. lol!

No, seriously, I think what u are looking for is nearly not possible. u hv to increase the price, or decrease your expectations. Anyways, the apartment of the person above me is pretty much nice!!!

We found a nice place in Sathorn area ... 4200 Baht per month, new building, we are the first renter ... that means no replies to this topic are required anymore :-)

Edited by bubu

Can you post a photo or two, so we can see what you got for that money?

A nice new room ... I think it doesn't make sense to shop pictures here because most of the users here are looking for luxury.

And I don't need more than I have/had at home in Germany ...

I know the poster here has found his place, but I wanted to chip in my two cents.

I don't think he needed to raise his price, there are plenty of great places out there, but most are not advertised in English, so you have to beat the street in order to find something good.

Thai dye, that's a nice place, but it's not what I would consider near the BTS. Or at least, not a BTS you can ride on now. Also, is there more to your "kitchen" than a sink? The price is great though.

Bubu, I'd still be interested in what you got for 4200.

I know the poster here has found his place, but I wanted to chip in my two cents.

I don't think he needed to raise his price, there are plenty of great places out there, but most are not advertised in English, so you have to beat the street in order to find something good.

Thai dye, that's a nice place, but it's not what I would consider near the BTS. Or at least, not a BTS you can ride on now. Also, is there more to your "kitchen" than a sink? The price is great though.

Bubu, I'd still be interested in what you got for 4200.

I will not give any information about it before having seen it ... I will live with my friend in Bangkok and he moved to that place one week ago. We don't need luxury, we only need a nice room, good location and nice facilities. That room has almost everything that we need, we will move in june when I move to Thailand. Actually I am in Germany, but I will go to Thailand for two months at the end of this month. And I think I can make some pictures, but I am not sure if I will ... because everbody here always says that it is impossible to find a cheap room ... so why should I prove that it is not true.

As you said, skettios, most cheap places are not advertised in English ... like the place that we found.

My friend found it, and booked it. He is Thai, of course.

4200 for a brand new building (first renter) is a quite fair price for Sathorn area.

BTS is a bit far, but Songtaew to BTS is 5 Baht.

Wireless internet is being installed at the moment, but I will have it as soon as I arrive.

No kitchen, no sink ... we don't need it.

As I said, I don't know the room, but my friend said it is nice. I will see it soon ...

I really don't understand why everybody wants to have luxury.

Only because luxury is cheaper than "at home"?

I only need what I hav/had "at home" ...

Good luck to all those who are looking for cheap, nice accomodation!

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, I am at the apartment that I mentioned.

I am the only farang here and I decided that I will not give more details about it here.

Because everybody here said that it is not possible to find a room in the prince range.

I really don't know what you are looking for, but I found what I need ...

Nice room, new building ... small balcony ...

4200 baht + elec + water ... wireless internet is 350 baht/month ...

The location is quite good ... Soi Suan Plu (Sat 3), Songtaew 1240 carries me to BTS Sala Daeng or MRT Lumphini ...

So why do you always say that room rates below 10.000 are not possible ???

I wish all those who are looking for a nice, cheap room, good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

lol, what a nice guy.. hahaha........ anyways hey barlok, take a look at www.9apartement.com and look for a range of prices, then u can find really cheap places....hope it can help u out a bit as the other guy seems to be so selfish to share...!

lol, what a nice guy.. hahaha........ anyways hey barlok, take a look at www.9apartement.com and look for a range of prices, then u can find really cheap places....hope it can help u out a bit as the other guy seems to be so selfish to share...!

bubu stop being a baby. You came here looking for advice on a "nice apartment" for your 8000bht. What you got were genuine answers in regards to what you would find. You didn't say i want a "crappy" apartment because most of us could have directed you to the Miami hotel etc. If you don't want to share and help other posters out than why come here for help your self? :o

• 2 weeks later...

bubu stop being a baby. You came here looking for advice on a "nice apartment" for your 8000bht. What you got were genuine answers in regards to what you would find. You didn't say i want a "crappy" apartment because most of us could have directed you to the Miami hotel etc. If you don't want to share and help other posters out than why come here for help your self? :o

good reply zorro i was thinking the same for a long time but i wanted to put some bad words in the reply you know like f...... as.... .

good reply zorro i was thinking the same for a long time but i wanted to put some bad words in the reply you know like f...... as.... .

ohh yes almost forgot thanks popcorn for that site really good one .

• 2 weeks later...

hey, but it wasn't me who was saying that ! :D

(as you reply to my answer..)

Barlok, glad you like it :D

lol ...

I can imagine Bubu's idea of nice 26m2 for 2 people, we already know it has no cooking facilities, TV? UBC? maybe shared wifi .. hope there aren't too many users online playing with youtube etc! Hot water shower? fridge? we know that he said close to BTS and now he says it is not close :o

bubu wanted basic and price was his driving consideration. I hope he is happy with it! (really!)

9k a month is the most I have had to pay in rent in Thailand and that was for a 2br house in Phuket and not too far from the beach, it was basic but I managed to get my UBC in as well as adsl etc in under a month :D

I am currently paying less than 10k a month for a place with a pool/canteen/24h security in the carpark etc... but I am far from BTS (doesn't matter as I have a scooter and a car) The main perks of my current place is that there is GREEN around it! meaning it is cooler and cleaner than in city center :D

this thread may explain more ---- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...=158684&hl=

and look at the totality of his threads. this one is gonna have a rough time for sure!

Edited by jdinasia

• 2 weeks later...
Because everybody here said that it is not possible to find a room in the prince range.

How does that make any kind of sense, unless you are 5 years old?

You would think that a person in your situation would try prove everybody wrong.

At least put up the pictures so you can argue your case to other people that come to the forum asking the exact same question. Hope the duct tape holds those walls together...

Pictures or didn't happen.

My condo has several 30m apartments for rent (there are also some 65m apartments, which I have). The people usually want around 10k, but I rented one last year (as an office) for 8k a month. A 65m is around 20k. The condo is about 5 mins by moto-cy from Surasak or Chong Nonsi, has a nice 15m pool; gym. Good shops nearby and easy access to the tollways.

The condo office will put you in touch with the landlords.

The mix is around 80% Thai.

PM me if you want the name and location.