Black Magic In Surin

aussiecollin

My beautiful wife, here in Sydney, just got off the phone with her Sister in Surin. Her niece has been stricken with a curse....similar to the one that befell her other niece some years ago. Crying for no reason, sleeping all the time, headaches.

"Take her to the clinic" I said.

"no, doctors will only give pain killers for the headache. She will go to have the curse removed tomorrow"

"bullshi*" said I, " she needs medical help"

This was not accepted at all. There is a black magic practician in the village that has has-it-in for my wife's family.

Advice?

(sounds like a case of severe depression to me...)

I am just sooo angry!!!!

(she is 16 YO)

AussieCollin

Black Magic? It was actually described as such? Superstition yes in Thailand, but this is a new one to me. It's an African/ Haaitian thing.

A compromise might be to suggest 3 things.....

- By all means go for the curse removal, of course its bo$$ocks but hey....

- Suggest they go ask the local monks for advice.... black magic is not on their agenda...other things maybe but not that hehe. Maybe the buddhist beliefs will overcome this garbage

- Get her to a doctor, just in case he MIGHT :o be able to help

All done in the spirit of trying to help of course :D

Got to be said, it sounds like a bit of teenage angst. Sure she has not just lost a boyfriend or whatever?

Black Magic? It was actually described as such? Superstition yes in Thailand, but this is a new one to me. It's an African/ Haaitian thing.

A compromise might be to suggest 3 things.....

- By all means go for the curse removal, of course its bo$$ocks but hey....

- Suggest they go ask the local monks for advice.... black magic is not on their agenda...other things maybe but not that hehe. Maybe the buddhist beliefs will overcome this garbage

- Get her to a doctor, just in case he MIGHT :o be able to help

All done in the spirit of trying to help of course :D

Got to be said, it sounds like a bit of teenage angst. Sure she has not just lost a boyfriend or whatever?

Thanks yorkman...

No, the 'black magic' tag was mine....some guy in the village has it in for the family, and years ago their other daughter had same symptoms....which was fixed by another fella (an 'ad-jun') ...

The kids have something that they always wear around their waist to fend off the curse...and one of them broke and wasn't being worn, hence the 'infection'.

I suggested seeing the monks....was told that they can't do anything....suggested they see the village head and tell him about the bad fella ...nope.

Final agreement is that she goes to get 'cleaned' in some sort of ceremony, and then go to the private hospital in Surin.

I will ignore that other post regarding leaving my ATM card there...

Yes, there is (with regional differences) a lot of Black Magic in Thailand. There are specialized people who can remove objects that were placed inside your body by black magic, such as flip-flops and nails.

When a friend of mine had a very vivid nightmare involving me and causing her soil her bed for fear both of us had to attend a black-magic ceremony involving pinching dolls with needles (!) by monks (!!!!).

People guard their hair and fingernail snippets carefully because they fear somebody connected to Black Magic might get hold of it. You can pay a Black Magic Man to do other people harm. You can pay a White Magic Man to reverse curses.

Some of the ethnic groups believe stronger in it than others. Very often a group has a reputation for both Black and White magic. I got a broken arm healed by a shaman from a much feared tribe (reputation for Black Magic and ability to call upon Phi Pobs). It is common for cheated wives to revert to a shaman to either punish her husband, or bind him to her. Or to ward off a spell of another lady on him.

I do not, however, have any experience of specifically Surin.

reason for edit: typo

Edited by sutnyod

you can do both. shaman AND hospital. western medicine recognizes how much physical illness is influenced by the mind. the shaman cant hurt as long as medical attention is also sought.

Ayjaidee,

Thanks, I understand....I have her going to the shaman today then to a private clinic in Surin tomorrow.

She is one of 2 girls we are helping thru school...we recognise that the way out of the rice filds is education....and we have one success alreay with one girl in an excellent IT job in BKK. WE are proud of that....but need to handle the old superstitutions...

Nice to have the support and understanding of fellows in this group.

Now, this is a true story............................a few years back my father-in-law got very sick. All the doctors in town could not help him. One day the local witch doctor came round (my mother-in law,as opposed to my wife,who is the local witch) she said the the outside kitchen was the wromg side of the house. I laughed, but still knocked it dowm and moved it.+from that day on he recovered. Please explain.

Also if you go on the Prakhonchai Buriram road,just by the big lake there is a witch doctor, who has one of these plants that bleed real blood. I've seen it. Witchcraft is thiving in Isaan.................beleive it or suffer.

Edited by lampard10

Bonkers :o this is TV

Lost the plot, a drunkard???? Who knows?

Hmmm in Issan 12 years, never suffered, the TW agrees it is "old old" garbage

And you say it is true????? :D

Coincidence... an explanation...... consider

Edited by yorkman

[quote name='lampard10'

All the doctors in town could not help . One day the local witch doctor came round (my mother-in law,as opposed to my wife,who is the local witch) .......I laughed, but still knocked it down and moved it.+from that day on he recovered. Please explain.

In view of all your problems this year Martin, maybe a witch doctor (neither the wife nor her mother) could help you. Nothing to lose, and nothing else seems to work!

you can do both. shaman AND hospital. western medicine recognizes how much physical illness is influenced by the mind. the shaman cant hurt as long as medical attention is also sought.

Ayjaidee,

Thanks, I understand....I have her going to the shaman today then to a private clinic in Surin tomorrow.

She is one of 2 girls we are helping thru school...we recognise that the way out of the rice filds is education....and we have one success alreay with one girl in an excellent IT job in BKK. WE are proud of that....but need to handle the old superstitutions...

Nice to have the support and understanding of fellows in this group.

hte old superstitions are not 100% wrong. so try to integrate the two

Update: just in:

Her Mother took her to the (whoever..NOT the monks) yesterday and now she is fixed..happy, laughing, singing....

Asked the wife "what did they do?"...special water over her....rub an egg over her body...not too sure..but it worked.

Richard Dawkins should investigate this...

The wife didn't say "told you so" but there was a certain look of satisfaction when she told me...grrrr.

Happy she is now OK, she is a real sweet girl.

I am half way through a bottle of Gordon's Dry Gin..and will soon be singing and laughing.....the best way to cohort with the spirit...

Ahh yes, I have had my little girl get some treatment for a sore ear when she was staying over with my mother in law in their village. The old fella ground up some leaves in the palm of his hand and rubbed it on her arm, then blew in her ear :o

It cleared up in a couple of days, but who knows, it might have done anyway

Glad you've got that one sorted

Ahh yes, I have had my little girl get some treatment for a sore ear when she was staying over with my mother in law in their village. The old fella ground up some leaves in the palm of his hand and rubbed it on her arm, then blew in her ear :o

It cleared up in a couple of days, but who knows, it might have done anyway

Glad you've got that one sorted

Ahh, yes, Yorkman....what you say re the ear 'infection' cure may in fact be a herbal remedy not (yet) discovered by ...(?) Pfizer). Blowing in the ear ads to the theatre.

I really believe that the 'country' has a number of herbs/plants that offer cures...just thinking about the Chinese and their thousands of years with similar cures.

However: this case appears to be more err (I hesitate here) 'spiritual'.

Being an Aussie I consider the Aboriginals and their 'pointing the bone' ceremony...where the target dies very soon after the ceremony is effected.

Yes, all is sorted, that is except my heart:

The attitude that the first thing that comes to their mind is 'It's a curse, best we go to the Sharman' rather than " She's sick, and needs to go to the Doctor".

I love these kids and the whole family, but feel helpless as I can not fathom the ..what? the culture?

Chai yen yen I guess.

And the story from khun Fat G** : well, who knows.

I will be contacting Ripley's Believe It or Not in the morning...

• 1 year later...
Now, this is a true story............................a few years back my father-in-law got very sick. All the doctors in town could not help him. One day the local witch doctor came round (my mother-in law,as opposed to my wife,who is the local witch) she said the the outside kitchen was the wromg side of the house. I laughed, but still knocked it dowm and moved it.+from that day on he recovered. Please explain.

Also if you go on the Prakhonchai Buriram road,just by the big lake there is a witch doctor, who has one of these plants that bleed real blood. I've seen it. Witchcraft is thiving in Isaan.................beleive it or suffer.

Dear lampard,

i am from Malaysia and i want to go to Surin to seek black magic to bind my husband so that he will not leave me for another woman. Please give me the location and address to seek help. How can i travel from Bangkok? By car, air or railway? You did mention about Isaan. Which is better Isaan or Surin?your info will be very much appreciated

My beautiful wife, here in Sydney, just got off the phone with her Sister in Surin. Her niece has been stricken with a curse....similar to the one that befell her other niece some years ago. Crying for no reason, sleeping all the time, headaches.

"no, doctors will only give pain killers for the headache. She will go to have the curse removed tomorrow"

This was not accepted at all. There is a black magic practician in the village that has has-it-in for my wife's family.

Advice?

I am just sooo angry!!!!

(she is 16 YO)

AussieCollin

Very easy to rubbish such things - but ask most so called Cristians (eg.) why God wasnt' pleased with Kane's (son of Adam and Eve - book of genisis - with a non living sacrifice) whilst he was happy with Ables sacrifice lamb. Sems a litle voodo.

Voodo is quite common in many northeren (Issan) areas and taken very seriously. I have had first hand experience (hair standing up on neck type of stuff) and more convincing than the more commomly worshiped religious stuff by the mass sheeple.

Voodo is more real than FOX, BBC, or CNN :o

Dear members,

I would be very much appreciated to know where i can find black magic in Surin to secure my relationship with my husband as he will be leaving me .How to go from Bangkok to Surin? Which transportation is most convenient? railway or car?Actually i would prefer to go to temple in Surin to seek a monk's help but will it works? As i am a little bit afraid that black magic might cause my husband insane or he can't concentrate in his career then it will be a problem for me too. A ny info about the location and address ?I am looking forward to hearing from you guys . Thank you very much in advance. kop kun ma ka! BTW, what should i bring along with me? His hair, nail, photo and what else?

I'm sorry to hear about your marital problems. Why must you travel to Surin? I'm sure you would find other black marriage practitioners closer to Bangkok. The Wife is now in bed, or I could have asked her where such things existed in Buriram - I'm sure the mother in law would know.

If you insist on travelling to Surin, you could take the car (if you've got one), the bus, the train, or indeed, my choice would be to fly to Buriram then seek transportation from the airport to Surin.

There are many members from Surin on this forum, so I hope they can be of more assistance on where to find what you're looking for than I.

Good luck with securing your relationship.

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

I'm sorry to hear about your marital problems. Why must you travel to Surin? I'm sure you would find other black marriage practitioners closer to Bangkok. The Wife is now in bed, or I could have asked her where such things existed in Buriram - I'm sure the mother in law would know.

If you insist on travelling to Surin, you could take the car (if you've got one), the bus, the train, or indeed, my choice would be to fly to Buriram then seek transportation from the airport to Surin.

There are many members from Surin on this forum, so I hope they can be of more assistance on where to find what you're looking for than I.

There sure are and many might think this newbie lives under a bridge.

Not convinced, sorry

This may help:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/search.html&...hlite=%2Bwoodoo

Edited by Dave the Dude

Dear lampard,

i am from Malaysia and i want to go to Surin to seek black magic to bind my husband so that he will not leave me for another woman. Please give me the location and address to seek help. How can i travel from Bangkok? By car, air or railway? You did mention about Isaan. Which is better Isaan or Surin?your info will be very much appreciated

I cannot wait for this reply.

Come on Mountain make my day! :o

Dave

There sure are and many might think this newbie lives under a bridge.

Not convinced, sorry

I'm with the Dude on this one :o

Advice?

I am just sooo angry!!!!

(she is 16 YO)

AussieCollin

I would take it seriously and respect your wife's family's concerns. Whether you believe it's all codswallop or not is beside the point. Your wife's family is obviously very worried.

About 34/35 years ago, in Laos, my wife hired a married couple as servants. They seemed fine until we started getting stories that he was a "mor pee", had the power to curse people and was boasting about it to the others. The household were really worried and my wife wasn't sure what to do about it without inviting reprisals. I remember bringing the man upstairs, speaking very politely to him, perhaps with some sympathy (as mor pees can get locked in and become victims of their own powers), and told him that, as a Christian, I also had these powers and could counteract his; nevertheless, as the family were upset, I'd have to ask him to go. He agreed and I'm sure we compensated him and his wife well. I don't know why he started boasting so soon after their arrival. He must have known it would put the wind up everyone. Perhaps it was intentional, a way of extorting money from us. If so it worked, though I don't remember him asking me for money.

Even many (most?) well educated people in Thailand and Laos believe in mor pees, pee porbs and the like and they are afraid of them. People in the West have a scientific education, but it may be best to leave a corner of your mind open to the fact that strange things happen. And even if they don't we have to accept that others think differently from us and have no doubts whatsoever that what they believe is really and truly the way things are.

Dear lampard,

Dear Yurisan

I have only just read your response, unfortunately this does not work all the time. I contacted the Magic Man, and asked him, in the light of what has happened to my marriage, to influence a beautiful young maiden, 48 kg, long black hair, not fat but pretty, to come and see me and propose to me. It seemed to be going to plan, when I received a phone call later that day, asking if we could meet up later, when the Pub was closed. I moved my weekly shower forward, spruced up and awaited my fate. Sure enough, at 22.30, my phone rang again, and she told me she was waiting outside. I opened the shutters, and was immeadiately knocked flat on my backside as this grotesque thing of a woman charged through ther door. The next day however, I contacted my former friend ,the Witch Doctor for an explaination. It seems he had not sprinkled the Lau Kau over pictures of lovelies, rather he drunk it. In his p1ssed up state, he had in fact ordered a 148 kg pretty fat girl for me. So Yurisan, BEWARE.

It is interesting that the "Black Magic" does not deal with the practical on a day to day level, rather this metaphysical void.

My Tee-ruk's grandmother supposedly has the power for good and bad. Does all the ceremonies and all that carry on but of course the Powers cannot be demonstrated in a practical manner.

I offered her 50,000 Baht if she could make my Boss fall sick requiring Hospitalisation before January 27. She had nearly 2 months to acomplish this, and did not get a result. She has been informed of this and sadly has missed the 50,000.

I also offered her 1,000 if she could pick the lottery number a favourite out here in the jungle. After consulting some tatty book with some weird symbols and some old chants I was given the number. I chose for myself number 69, as that is my favourite 2 digit number, Grandma gave me 3 different numbers. Sadly (for her) she missed that as well. If anyone watches the 2-digit numbers, you will see I got a result about 10 days ago with number 69. My Tee-Ruk was too embarrased to explain about that number.

If the OP wants to get to Burriram or Surin, I would suggest a Car and Driver. You can find them advertise in the major newspapers.