Exit Poll Results Show PPP Wins

george

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samak reckons they have won by a larger margin than the exit polls suggest.

He was coy about the return of Thaksin and admitted he would become Prime Minister.

Hahaha. H**l sure he would. Gosh! He's been waiting for this.

cm-happy: One word to describe a PPP victory. SHIT!!!!

And full of it too!!

One word to describe a PPP victory.

SHIT!!!!

yep, I agree s*it!!!

Just remember guys, whatever happens, sooner or later, it will be the farangs fault. Every country needs somebody to blame ;-)

Back to my beer

of course it is our fault. If there is dynamit fishing it was the farang scuba school (or the malaysians or indonesiens)

beer, I drink now until I see the democrats win.

Last updated December 23, 2007 12:20 a.m. PT

Exit polls: Thaksin allies win in Thai

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Exit polls showed that allies of deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra have won Sunday's post-coup general election, an outcome likely to deepen Thailand's two-year political crisis.

The polls from Thailand's two leading polling agencies, however, differed on whether the pro-Thaksin People's Power Party had won an absolute majority in the 480-seat lower house of parliament.

A Dusit poll for Bangkok's Suan Dusit Rajabhat University forecast that PPP had won a majority of 256 seats, compared to 162 for the rival Democrat Party.

An Abac poll for Assumption University showed that PPP had won 202 seats, falling short of an outright majority, with the Democrats taking 146 seats.

The Dusit poll surveyed 341,000 voters nationwide before polling stations closed at 3 p.m. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percentage points. Abac's sampling error was not immediately released.

Thaksin was ousted in a bloodless coup in September 2006 but remains popular among the rural majority. PPP campaigned on a platform of bringing Thaksin back from exile in London.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

BANGKOK, Thailand -- An exit poll showed that allies of deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra have won Sunday's post-coup general election with an outright majority, an outcome likely to deepen Thailand's two-year political crisis.

The People's Power Party, comprised of Thaksin's loyalists, won 256 seats in the 480-seat lower house of parliament, according to a Dusit poll conducted for Bangkok's Suan Dusit Rajabhat University.

The anti-Thaksin Democrat Party won 162 seats, said the poll, which surveyed 341,000 voters nationwide before polling stations closed at 3 p.m. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percentage points.

Thaksin was ousted in a bloodless coup in September 2006 but remains popular among the rural majority. PPP campaigned on a platform of bringing Thaksin back from exile in London.

BANGKOK, Thailand -- An exit poll showed that allies of deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra have won Sunday's post-coup general election with an outright majority, an outcome likely to deepen Thailand's two-year political crisis.

The People's Power Party, comprised of Thaksin's loyalists, won 256 seats in the 480-seat lower house of parliament, according to a Dusit poll conducted for Bangkok's Suan Dusit Rajabhat University.

The anti-Thaksin Democrat Party won 162 seats, said the poll, which surveyed 341,000 voters nationwide before polling stations closed at 3 p.m. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percentage points.

What is all this past tense writing while the final results are not here at all? Stay with facts. All the above is prediction.

Its sad to see that the majority of Farangs here do not respect the Thai peoples right to democratically elect a government of their choice.

We like to see them vote, we don't like who they voted for and what the likely result of this might be. Not sad. Real.

Most of us favored a move towards stability and compromise. This result won't do it.

Edited by Jingthing

No problem. The junta appointed judiciary has a contingency plan. The EC has been preparing cases to disqualify various PPP candidates if they win.

And of course, tanks and guns beat votes anyway. The Democrats are going to win no matter how many elections it takes.

I certainly hope so.

O.k., a man after my own heart. Talk to you in a few hours or a few years. I'll do the same and when the democrats win, we can celebrate together ;-)

Give me a beer

hope my wife does not kill me when she comes back, if I am the only one around..........She comes from the deep south back, she went there voting.....

It's not over until the fat general sings!

People Power Party

Democrat Party

I sure hope the Democrats win and show these guys how to calculate percentages. Say have the democrats in the North ahead of the PPP, but behind in percentages

TIT This is Thailand AMAZING

It's not over until the fat general sings!

People Power Party

Democrat Party

I sure hope the Democrats win and show these guys how to calculate percentages. Say have the democrats in the North ahead of the PPP, but behind in percentages

TIT This is Thailand AMAZING

I know guys, maybe they can teach me how to spell, too :-(

O.k., a man after my own heart. Talk to you in a few hours or a few years. I'll do the same and when the democrats win, we can celebrate together ;-)

Give me a beer

hope my wife does not kill me when she comes back, if I am the only one around..........She comes from the deep south back, she went there voting.....

Just come up here and hide with us...my wife is a drunk (and a Democrat, too)

Psst..don't tell her I said that, or I'm dead :-(

My wife is happy today. She cleaned the house from top to bottom after voting for the PPP. She is singing the same song over and over again and driving me nuts.

You can't kill Thai Rak Thai

It is like a mountain

Old and strong

She goes on and on and on!

Are differing political ideologies sufficient grounds for divorce here in Thailand?

Its sad to see that the majority of Farangs here do not respect the Thai peoples right to democratically elect a government of their choice.

We like to see them vote, we don't like who they voted for and what the likely result of this might be. Not sad. Real.

Most of us favored a move towards stability and compromise. This result won't do it.

We?

The generals shouldhave introduced PR if they wanted to end T man. The Dems are matching the PPP in popular vote but losing out in constituencies. :o

Peace

Hey, I just thought about something...if we keep posting like this, we will be "Supreme Beings", before we get kicked out of the country :-)

Having an own opinion and voicing it is not equal to not-respecting the Thai peoples right. Just because some farmers think Thaksing is great does not mean that more educated people have to keep their mouth shut.

If you don't agree with my comparison between "intelligence" then asnwer me the following question: Why do parents make decisions, not their children? Maybe because the kids don't have the knowledge and experience to make intelligent and usefull decisions? Yes, I compare the north-east to children. You given them some chocolate and they obey. They know how to grow grass and how to cook it. Growing grass is important for this country, but only knowing how to cook is not enough to bring Thailand forward. And if you still think Samak is the ideal candidate for this job, I have to ask you another question. Do you let your grandmother make decisions that impact your own future? This man has passed the expiry date for this position.

Having an own opinion and voicing it is not equal to not-respecting the Thai peoples right. Just because some farmers think Thaksing is great does not mean that more educated people have to keep their mouth shut.

If you don't agree with my comparison between "intelligence" then asnwer me the following question: Why do parents make decisions, not their children? Maybe because the kids don't have the knowledge and experience to make intelligent and usefull decisions? Yes, I compare the north-east to children. You given them some chocolate and they obey. They know how to grow grass and how to cook it. Growing grass is important for this country, but only knowing how to cook is not enough to bring Thailand forward. And if you still think Samak is the ideal candidate for this job, I have to ask you another question. Do you let your grandmother make decisions that impact your own future? This man has passed the expiry date for this position.

LOL ROFL

Samaks expiry date was Oct 6, 1976. It is quite scandalous that none of the Thai media even mention this event and Samaks connection considering he is quite possibly going to be the next PM.

Give me a beer

Just come up here and hide with us...my wife is a drunk (and a Democrat, too)

Psst..don't tell her I said that, or I'm dead :-(

yeah thanks! Grant my asylum......or maybe she hijack the plane.....she is a Democrat and a hater of Thaksin....