Exit Poll Results Show PPP Wins

george

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thanks! Grant my asylum......or maybe she hijack the plane.....she is a Democrat and a hater of Thaksin....

Sounds good. Us four Democrats can drink together until the Democrats win. In that case, maybe it won't be such a bad thing if the Pee Pee Party wins tonight...more drinking days ;-)

Not in anyway suggesting anyone cares, but I'll say it anyway. If Samak is PM here tonight, and if there's any likelihood of he remaining so, then I'll be voting, in the only way I can, with my feet, to the airport.

Regards

I probalby won't have to vote. Since I've been opposing Thaksin since the first demonstrations started, I'll probably be getting a free trip home (leave all the land, house and harley behind of course). Then again, depending on efficency, this could take a couple of hundred years

I'm drinking heavily now.

Cheers. I'm with ya.

kurtgruen: What if they red card everyone who broke the election laws? Maybe there will be nobody left? What then?

We live back in Seismosaurus hallo period.

There is no denial that vote buying is as rampant as before, the party with the largest budget pays the most and as long as this happens we won't have the democrats steering this country into safe water. It is really a pity that the most capable man at this time might be the one to form the opposition.

Imagine, if PPP wins, we get Samak as PM and might get Chalerm as Interior Minister...This is worse than the threat of global warming.

Its sad to see that the majority of Farangs here do not respect the Thai peoples right to democratically elect a government of their choice.

Having an own opinion and voicing it is not equal to not-respecting the Thai peoples right. Just because some farmers think Thaksing is great does not mean that more educated people have to keep their mouth shut.

If you don't agree with my comparison between "intelligence" then asnwer me the following question: Why do parents make decisions, not their children? Maybe because the kids don't have the knowledge and experience to make intelligent and usefull decisions? Yes, I compare the north-east to children. You given them some chocolate and they obey. They know how to grow grass and how to cook it. Growing grass is important for this country, but only knowing how to cook is not enough to bring Thailand forward. And if you still think Samak is the ideal candidate for this job, I have to ask you another question. Do you let your grandmother make decisions that impact your own future? This man has passed the expiry date for this position.

Well thats Democracy. You can discuss that for ours. Let the stupid decide or just a few smart one. You want get a result. Hitler and Bush were democratic elected, both killed a lot people.

But many thoughts do not apply here as long parties hand out 200 Baht for the vote, thats not democratic. letting them hand out money, let them get elected and than devolve the strongest party is also fishy solution

My wife is happy today. She cleaned the house from top to bottom after voting for the PPP. She is singing the same song over and over again and driving me nuts.

You can't kill Thai Rak Thai

It is like a mountain

Old and strong

She goes on and on and on!

Are differing political ideologies sufficient grounds for divorce here in Thailand?

why be so harsh? what about a good old-fashioned beating with a leather belt? :o

Whoever wins the booze ban BS law is over ... until next election .. how soon that will be? :o

Hate to tell you, but the booze ban isn't officially over until midnight tonight, but it's been over for me since it's started.

Have you ever noticed that you drink more during prohibition?

Not in anyway suggesting anyone cares, but I'll say it anyway. If Samak is PM here tonight, and if there's any likelihood of he remaining so, then I'll be voting, in the only way I can, with my feet, to the airport.

Regards

I probalby won't have to vote. Since I've been opposing Thaksin since the first demonstrations started, I'll probably be getting a free trip home (leave all the land, house and harley behind of course). Then again, depending on efficency, this could take a couple of hundred years

No worries, Ill take care of the Harley for you. Ägainst a small fee of course :o

Bring Thaksin back!

The man who mowed your lawn, trimmed the hedges and thought it was all right to empty the contents of your house in return. :o

Platitudes, platitudes. Banal, trite responses. The typical anti-Thaksin retort. Straight out of the army's book on "How Best to Propagandize".

No problem. The junta appointed judiciary has a contingency plan. The EC has been preparing cases to disqualify various PPP candidates if they win.

And of course, tanks and guns beat votes anyway. The Democrats are going to win no matter how many elections it takes.

well vote...a vote for 200 baht isn't a vote and it is not democratic at all. So they choice is dictatorship of money or dictatorship of guns. both does not cause me an orgasm

That would buy two in our village!! its 100 a pop and even the missus is shocked that they all took it. almost an entire crate of chang for three votes.

She used to think it was funny, so maybe they are starting to see the light..... should be ok in another millenia or so

It is a bit too early for me to weigh in but this can only spell trouble if the early numbers are accurate. I guess I will go out and mingle with the Thais tonight to get a feel for how they feel. It should not be too hard to judge the crowd, they either will have a smile or not.

Its sad to see that the majority of Farangs here do not respect the Thai peoples right to democratically elect a government of their choice.

Having an own opinion and voicing it is not equal to not-respecting the Thai peoples right. Just because some farmers think Thaksing is great does not mean that more educated people have to keep their mouth shut.

If you don't agree with my comparison between "intelligence" then asnwer me the following question: Why do parents make decisions, not their children? Maybe because the kids don't have the knowledge and experience to make intelligent and usefull decisions? Yes, I compare the north-east to children. You given them some chocolate and they obey. They know how to grow grass and how to cook it. Growing grass is important for this country, but only knowing how to cook is not enough to bring Thailand forward. And if you still think Samak is the ideal candidate for this job, I have to ask you another question. Do you let your grandmother make decisions that impact your own future? This man has passed the expiry date for this position.

A rather paternalistic attitude there.

One of the fundamental principals of democracy is that every man is created equal and therefore has an equal right to cast a vote that will be considered equally regardless of education, wealth or social status.

To put yourself up there as a being of superior intellect similar to a parent and child is an insult to the Thai people. They have a right to choose their own political destiny the same as we do in our own countries. And BTW, many people in our own countries are none too bright or politically aware, but we dont demand that their votes shouldnt be considered.

Attitudes like yours belong back in the old feudal system which we in the west abandoned in favour of democracy a couple of centuries ago.

Although its far from over yet, what I see from people like you is not some kind of superior intellect but rather a case of good old fashioned sour grapes.

Well thats Democracy. You can discuss that for ours. Let the stupid decide or just a few smart one. You want get a result. Hitler and Bush were democratic elected, both killed a lot people.

But many thoughts do not apply here as long parties hand out 200 Baht for the vote, thats not democratic. letting them hand out money, let them get elected and than devolve the strongest party is also fishy solution

There is a lot of doubt on this one for Bush. If i remember right Bush lost the popular vote and it all came down to a corrupted ballot count in Florida where his brother was governor.

I am still rooting for the most intelligent candidate and for the Democrats.

This is a long way from over and exit polls are often wrong by a mile even in 1st world countries. They rely heavily on people telling the truth. I rest my case.lol

I still reckon that Abhisit will be the next prime minister but we might not know the outcome for a long time if the vote is very close. Alliances have to be formed to get a majority and then there will be the dissqualifications leading to bi-elections in the coming weeks and so far near on 1000 complaints have to be investigated by the EC. This is not over by a long way unless PPP end up with a majority tonight and maybe not even then. If they do then will the Junta step aside??? The Junta just passed a new law last week allowing them huge powers that might be used if PPP get that majority. Fascinating times ahead IMHO.

Whoever wins the booze ban BS law is over ... until next election .. how soon that will be? :o

Hate to tell you, but the booze ban isn't officially over until midnight tonight, but it's been over for me since it's started.

Have you ever noticed that you drink more during prohibition?

Considering the news i did not stock up enough before they quit selling.

It is a bit too early for me to weigh in but this can only spell trouble if the early numbers are accurate.

It's never too early to weight Thai's election. Issan is a big count and you could tell by that.

wolfmanjack: Considering the news i did not stock up enough before they quit selling.
How much more do you want? :o
kurtgruen: Have you ever noticed that you drink more during prohibition?

Say don't and I do.

Edited by legag

This is a long way from over and exit polls are often wrong by a mile even in 1st world countries. They rely heavily on people telling the truth. I rest my case.lol

I still reckon that Abhisit will be the next prime minister but we might not know the outcome for a long time if the vote is very close. Alliances have to be formed to get a majority and then there will be the dissqualifications leading to bi-elections in the coming weeks and so far near on 1000 complaints have to be investigated by the EC. This is not over by a long way unless PPP end up with a majority tonight and maybe not even then. If they do then will the Junta step aside??? The Junta just passed a new law last week allowing them huge powers that might be used if PPP get that majority. Fascinating times ahead IMHO.

I think Junta will step aside either having done a deal with the Thaskinistas or leaving a five party coalition not including PPP. Depends on the final numbers and the oficial result after red card time too. I think if more than 24 MPs are red carded the paliament will be inquorate too.

My gut reaction to this vote (if it turns out as predicted) is that the people of Thailand have expressed a desire for blood lust.

Would you like to explain that comment further?

"Bloodlust"? How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

One of the fundamental principals of democracy is that every man is created equal and therefore has an equal right to cast a vote that will be considered equally regardless of education, wealth or social status.

To put yourself up there as a being of superior intellect similar to a parent and child is an insult to the Thai people. They have a right to choose their own political destiny the same as we do in our own countries. And BTW, many people in our own countries are none too bright or politically aware, but we dont demand that their votes shouldnt be considered.

Attitudes like yours belong back in the old feudal system which we in the west abandoned in favour of democracy a couple of centuries ago.

Although its far from over yet, what I see from people like you is not some kind of superior intellect but rather a case of good old fashioned sour grapes.

Hitler and Bush were democratic elected, what counts more some intellectual constructins of democracy or million dead people? He don't insult the Thai people just these who vote for PPP. I as well think the same for my people if they vote something crazy or for americans if the vote for bush. That idiots exist all over the world is not a specific insult for Thai people.

My gut reaction to this vote (if it turns out as predicted) is that the people of Thailand have expressed a desire for blood lust.

I said gut feeling, Not conclusion.

To analyze why I feel this way. The Thai people were offered a more peaceful UNITED path out of this morass. A weak democratic PM with a coalition government. Instead they voted for the Thaksin surrogate, a party they know the current military government can't allow to take total power (so if they won't can this still be settled without blood? Not clear, is it?), and also a party with a solid history of mass extra-judicial murders.

Thus my feeling that the people of Thailand have voted for a blood letting.

Edited by Jingthing

Good response!

I think Junta will step aside either having done a deal with the Thaskinistas or leaving a five party coalition not including PPP. Depends on the final numbers and the oficial result after red card time too. I think if more than 24 MPs are red carded the paliament will be inquorate too.

While it is impossible to say to what extent the EC will follow up on the numerous complaints of irregularities, some think they will let things go if the PPP wins an outright majority, but will follow up if the PPP needs to join with another party to gain power. Of course, there is a lot of talk and no one really knows for sure.

I said gut feeling, Not conclusion.

To analyze why I feel this way. The Thai people were offered a more peaceful UNITED path out of this morass. A weak democratic PM with a coalition government. Instead they voted for the Thaksin surrogate, a party they know the current military government can't allow to take total power (so if they won't can this still be settled without blood? Not clear, is it?), and also a party with a solid history of mass extra-judicial murders.

Thus my feeling that the people of Thailand have voted for a blood letting.

Are you serious?

What is sad is that this election, like every election I have witnessed over the past 20 years, is not based on democratically electing a government. It is based on the ability to buy votes through a combination of direct purchases and patronage based promises of future remuneration, in cash or in kind.