Exit Poll Results Show PPP Wins

george

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You claim to support domocracy whilst demeaning the masses (the poor, illiterate and uneducated who care only for the cash). It's an unusual opinion.

Those that sell their vote demean themselves and inflict their bad deeds on the country as a whole. Many many people have no interest in politics but vote because having accepted cash are effectively forced to vote for their benefactor. Somehow vote buying MUST be stopped and the bad apples rooted out.

You don't like my suggestion, so what's yours?

The poll numbers are laughable. One has PPP with 250, the other with 202? They are not to be taken seriously.

Current standings, on Channel 5 as of this writing with 26% counted

228 - PPP

160 - Dem

40 - CT

30 - Motherland

30 - Others small fry (3 with 12, 9 and 7 respectively)

Something to consider - The proptional voting (voting for party, seems to be a tie 33-33 (give or take) for PPP and Dems. This should should how much people hate Samak as leader of PPP. That vote was the party vote and it is a telling one.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the small fry join Dems in coalition. I wouldn't be surprised if the deals were already in place.

For me, I don't really have a stake in this. My life was just as good under TRT as it has been the past year. I just think that Aphisit is a leader that can help Thailand with its international image, at the very least.

Should be interesting. But just to point out those crazy poll numbers. Don't trust any poll in this country.

Apparently not. Interesting and depressing how there's been almost no mention (if any) of human rights issues emanating from any of the parties contesting this election.

A deathly silence. (no pun intended)

Samak is the nominee for Thaksin and Thaksin's human rights record is absolutely appalling.

In their desire and haste to appeal to the impoverished masses the democrats chose not to attack the old TRT which is now in all but name the PPP. This was the ruling party that was in power at the time of the Tak Bei and Khue See massacres.

Instead all they concentrated on was the immediate financial gain on offer to voters if they voted Democrat instead of PPP.

Personal greed and avarice - as always - dictated party policy on how best to sway the voters.

Prolly coz they all know that's all the voters care about. In the end, the voters dictate maybe not the policy, but the election platform.

You claim to support domocracy whilst demeaning the masses (the poor, illiterate and uneducated who care only for the cash). It's an unusual opinion.

Those that sell their vote demean themselves and inflict their bad deeds on the country as a whole. Many many people have no interest in politics but vote because having accepted cash are effectively forced to vote for their benefactor. Somehow vote buying MUST be stopped and the bad apples rooted out.

You don't like my suggestion, so what's yours?

I suggest that we don't ban the majority of people from voting. That's not democracy, is it?

The majority of Thai paople do like Mt T and want him back. I don't, but it's their country and their vote. The Democrats / Army / others are no less corrupt, as their track records prove. Vote buying is just one thing on a long list of appaling behaviour that they all share.

I can't imagine a worse leader than Samak, but they voted, they have collective responsibility, let them get on with it...

SWMBO has just said if Thaksin's friends win there will be big problems.

Little doubt SWMBO is correct.

Jingthing, your avatar is so up to date! :D

jasreeve17: can't imagine a worse leader than Samak, but they voted, they have collective responsibility, let them get on with it...

Didn't you know the election campaign is 'pick the best out of the worse'?? :o

Edited by legag

Jingthing, your avatar is so up to date!

< ------- Would you buy a new party from this man? I guess the price was right.

At this moment he won't sell it for any price!! LOL Await to be entitled and now it's about to happen.

The majority of Thai paople do like Mt T and want him back. I don't, but it's their country and their vote. The Democrats / Army / others are no less corrupt, as their track records prove. Vote buying is just one thing on a long list of appaling behaviour that they all share.

I can't imagine a worse leader than Samak, but they voted, they have collective responsibility, let them get on with it...

The country will pay for bad choices, bad policies, and bad governments, there's no way to escape reaping the fruits.

Basically the same thing I thought when Thaksin won his first elections. It took six years for relatively more intellegent people to realise their mistake, now let's wait for millions of relatively less intellegent folks.

I'm afraid they'll ruin the country in the process.

Might I respectfully point out that using terms such as unintelligent really is foolish. Many people in this country, are intelligent, but not versed n political nuances, that means they are ill-informed, {probably ill-served by the media as well} not lacking in cognitive ability.

Regards

As you say "let them get on with it". No point trying to help - they know better than us! My former Thai wife was always telling me that. Now she knows better - much to her chagrin! But their loss may be our gain if the baht collapses

Traveler, if you want to be politically correct, you should avoid comparing people's intellegence.

It does matter in ability to make choices with far reaching consequences, though.

I'm afraid people made a conscious choice now, you can't blame it on lack of knowledge anymore.

They DO want corrupt government, they DO want to get paid for votes, they DO want to abolish the rule of law, not that it was strong in Thailand.

Its sad to see that the majority of Farangs here do not respect the Thai peoples right to democratically elect a government of their choice.

Having an own opinion and voicing it is not equal to not-respecting the Thai peoples right. Just because some farmers think Thaksing is great does not mean that more educated people have to keep their mouth shut.

If you don't agree with my comparison between "intelligence" then asnwer me the following question: Why do parents make decisions, not their children? Maybe because the kids don't have the knowledge and experience to make intelligent and usefull decisions? Yes, I compare the north-east to children. You given them some chocolate and they obey. They know how to grow grass and how to cook it. Growing grass is important for this country, but only knowing how to cook is not enough to bring Thailand forward. And if you still think Samak is the ideal candidate for this job, I have to ask you another question. Do you let your grandmother make decisions that impact your own future? This man has passed the expiry date for this position.

A rather paternalistic attitude there.

One of the fundamental principals of democracy is that every man is created equal and therefore has an equal right to cast a vote that will be considered equally regardless of education, wealth or social status.

To put yourself up there as a being of superior intellect similar to a parent and child is an insult to the Thai people. They have a right to choose their own political destiny the same as we do in our own countries. And BTW, many people in our own countries are none too bright or politically aware, but we dont demand that their votes shouldnt be considered.

Attitudes like yours belong back in the old feudal system which we in the west abandoned in favour of democracy a couple of centuries ago.

Although its far from over yet, what I see from people like you is not some kind of superior intellect but rather a case of good old fashioned sour grapes.

I don't think I had mentioned anything about me being of superior intellect. As a matter of fact even Thai people make out a difference between education and lack of education. Remember every party is strongly taking education into their propagandas. I also haven't seen too many foreigners here so far standing for PPP. Guess they must all be of lower intellect then. The point is that Taksins and Samaks can only do what they do as long as the people are way off as smart as they are.

I'm from a country with a direct and very old democracy. We also have farmers and they are always very conservative and nationalistic. Lucky we are, they are not the majority of the population, so they don't block the country from developing and moving forward along with others.

:o Been here too long, am not communicating in my mother tongue accurately..pardon me..what form might the problems take, manifest themselves, are we talking violence??

:D What might form might the problems take...??
Looking at http://203.150.244.10/reports/eng/index.php?showall=1& the voting is slightly against PPP but the seats are in their favour. SWMBO has just said if Thaksin's friends win there will be big problems.

My wife was born and raised in Loei province. She is now convinced that most of the Loei citizens are stupid. She doesn't understand why they would want to vote for Thaksin (PPP). Her exact words were "Only Issan people stupid".

My wife was born and raised in Loei province. She is now convinced that most of the Loei citizens are stupid. She doesn't understand why they would want to vote for Thaksin (PPP). Her exact words were "Only Issan people stupid".

Huay! insulting insulting derr naag derrr.