BANGKOK 21 May 2019 07:51
Sign in to follow this  
Disting

Would You Tell

What would you do in this situation.

I have known a fellow expat in the same area as mine for some years. I and all of the village know that his wife is shagging around. The village dont like it and they dont like his wife so much now.

Would you tell him or ignore it. Its a tricky situation to be in. Always the problem of what happens after you say something.

Any opinions?

I have known a fellow expat in the same area as mine for some years. I and all of the village know that his wife is shagging around. The village dont like it and they dont like his wife so much now.

Would you tell him or ignore it. Its a tricky situation to be in. Always the problem of what happens after you say something.

Any opinions?

Well if all the village knows and he doesn't, he's clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer is he?

With the information you've given it's hard to offer anything other than an instinct based opinion - is it possible to give a full background to this case?

Stay out of it. I helped a guy that I think might have ended up dead. His GF ripped him off, beat him up and her brothers had him locked up in a room and threatened to kill him if he did not go the ATM for them. I got him out with the help of the local coppers. He fled to Bangkok and then to his home country and I was left looking over my shoulder for the brothers.

Guess what - he is still emailing her and talking to her on the phone - about marriage :o

All that to say. It wil be turned around you. She will say that you hit on her or something. He will take her side and that will be the end of your friendship.

Any opinions?

Same as Clayton really, but a first stab at it?

If he is just somebody you know, keep out of it.

If he is a friend, just consider that he may not thank you for telling him. He confronts his wife, she denies it of course and he believes his little darling. Ex Friend :o

On balance, ignore it unless you have a compelling reason IMHO :D

Really do not think its right to tell him unless u know for certain.

People talk be it the Village, city or country unless he brings the subject up you can not. IMHO

If he thinks every thing is OK, do not be the one to break the bubble.

what if his wife caught HIV and passed it onto him, then imagine he confides in you. You will feel bad because you could of told him before he caught HIV.

MYOB!!(Mind Your Own Business)

He may not be the sharpest knife in the draw, but don't be surprised if he doesn't already know and for whatever reason is playing dumb

Telling would violate my Thailand rules to live by number three. That rule is to keep a low profile and to mind my own business.

PRINT OUT THIS THREAD PLACE IT IN A BROWN ENVELOPE AND SLIP IT UNDER HIS DOOR THAT WILL TELL IF HE IS THE SHARPEST KNIFE AND FOR WHATEVER REASON IGNORING WHAT IS OBVIOUS TO ALL AND SUNDRY.

Failing this take Garry A's advice and stay out of it.

Not much secrecy as to your ID if you email it??Expect a heavy knock on the door if you take this route.

Now we need to record how many copies of the thread are copied for slipping under doors. :o

Edited by mijan24

Well there is a majority vote...errr advice.... here then, apart from a lone dissenting (although valid thought) voice.

It's a shame the Thai elections don't go the same way eh?

Ahhh well, back to more important matters like whose wife is not all they might be :D:o

The fact you say that you have known him and not that he is your friend should tell you what to do. Nothing.

How do you know he doesn't know? How do you know it is part of their lifestyle?

As long as it isn't your wife..................................

I know a guy - ex friend - whos thai girlfriend lead hi a song and dance for years . However, he knew so i didnt need to contemplate the question. But (emphasize BUT) - last year she ripped him off on a land deal and they had a big fall out which resulted in her being locked up. He wanted me to get involved in the nitty gritty, and when i declined we fell out. He is now back with her. STAY AWAY!!