Evaluate My Photo

hp8000

Here is mine: testing012sf0.th.jpg

I like this image a lot. It possess a great deal of atmosphere and drama. The lighting and colours are well captured. However, I feel that a tighter crop of the skyline improves the impact by conforming closer with the "rule of thirds"

I've attached a cropped version as an example.

You're right The Vulcan, but I've posted that image as it. In fact it's just a shot token from the balcony right near my computer.

I think I'm lucky to live in such a remote area with such beautiful and various sunsets.

I'll try to bring some more elaborate views next time.

........I've posted that image as it.

Part of getting a "good" photograph is in the framing, cropping of you prefer.

We are spoilt these days with zoom lenses, allowing us to choose exactly what we want in the frame,

but then confounded by the manufacturers who only give us 95% in the view finder.

A little judicious cropping on the computer before the final print can work wonders.

Nice view.

The image is pleasing but you could improve it several ways to get more foreground detail.

-Use a Grad filter on the brite portion of the scene to even out the exposure a bit.

-Wait for the sky to get a bit darker.

-Another way would be to take 2 pictures exposing one for sky and another for the foreground, then combine them with software.

A tripod would be helpfull with the above suggestions.