Spiders Common In Thailand?

Rathma

Keep a pet gecko.

This lil guy lives in the roof of my fave bar in Chalong.

I have a mpeg of the gecko killing the c/pede.

Cannot find it.

That Gecko would be 10", a big fella.

post-46648-1200217035_thumb.jpg

Here a centipede eating a toad!

I'm still deciding wether or not to backpack in Thailand or somewhere else. The problem is I have a huge arachnaphobia and looking through some thailand pics ( http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/157287938_cedb26644f_o.jpg ) I noticed a lot of weird scary ones.

I hate sleeping in a room with spiders, so have any backpackers noticed them much? I don't care about the ones outdoors, just indoors.

And here's a common "Cane Spider" we have here.

post-26396-1220884598_thumb.jpg

I'm still deciding wether or not to backpack in Thailand or somewhere else. The problem is I have a huge arachnaphobia and looking through some thailand pics ( http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/157287938_cedb26644f_o.jpg ) I noticed a lot of weird scary ones.

I hate sleeping in a room with spiders, so have any backpackers noticed them much? I don't care about the ones outdoors, just indoors.

And here's a common "Cane Spider" we have here.

post-26396-1220884598_thumb.jpg

Now those guys move seriously quick...and love a roach or 2

TBWG :o

• 10 years later...
On 1/4/2008 at 3:14 AM, Rathma said:

Jumping spiders? fuc_k that, i'm out.

Jumping spiders are common. Often they are swinging. However, your phobia is a mental sickness that needs to be cured. Which is easy with hypnotherapy and guided meditation.

On 1/6/2008 at 11:14 AM, AlexLah said:

Well I have had a spider bite in my foot some time back and it now a few months ago and it is still not healed.

It is the small ones you have to be carefull of (is what a Thai friend told me).

I too have a fear for almost any crawling insect so if I sleep somewhere I will do a good inspection first.

Oh and when you go trekking in the forrest make sure you wear a hat. I have seen some nasty videos of people that had eggs layed beneath ther skin and when home the insects were eating their way through the flesh and skin, ha ha ha.

What also helps is not to look around too much........... :o

A friend of mine got badly bitten in England.

• 1 month later...