Where Is The Best Tailor Or Suit Shop In Bkk?

EUROPORTUGAL

hello to everybody

i would like to buy some suits in bangkok

but i really do not know to choose a good( quality) tailor shop or just a suitshop

in bangkok

i need you help about that

who can it give me a postal address or website of good tailorshop or suitshop

in bkk?

can you give me any tips to choose a good one?

thnak you for your atention and time

sincerely yours

europortugal

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought my last 2 suites 6 years ago and they have been in good use since then. From what I can remember the name of the shop was John Tailor. It's on a row of shops on Sukhumvit near the Nana footbridge. The cost was a lot less than any others in the area. When I go past I always pop in and say hello and Gupta from Nepal always gives me a drink, but I'm still not ready for another suit.

• 2 months later...

My problem with tailors in Bangkok is that the material is poor quality and the cut is awful.

The material looks ok in the shop but after a couple of days of wear they start to look shabby. The tailors proudly proclaim that the material comes from Italy or England but that does not necessarily mean it is good. As for the cut they seem to think that we all have the bone structure of Indians and need huge shoulder paddings. I ask anyone who has bought a suit in Bangkok to check the shoulders - did the tailor pack them with cotton wool?

If not I would really like to hear from you as I am looking for a good tailor who has decent materials and knows how to do shoulders.

Sam Tailor in Hong Kong is superb but I have yet to find an equivalent in Bangkok.

Raja's.

Turn left out of the NEP. They are immediately on the left. Probably not the cheapest but all the guys here at my work have used them for years. Very good quality, outstanding service and attention to detail. Will do good discounts for ordering more than one suit, shirt etc and will quote in THB, USD, GBP etc depending on what you want.

Think there's another place across Suk Road with a similar name. Apparently, they're not connected.

Indian Thais (Sikhs) as so many tailors seem to be. Ask for Bobby.

well, donna thx for yr input.

as far as i can count: 4-5000 (Baht I assume) means approx Eur 80-100. Is this a SUIT only price or is it suit+pants+shirt...? So far, the US$ 69,00 (suit only) offer still seems to be (my) best one (even though and once again I do not know about the quality)

Normally you get what you pay for. If you go too cheap, you will get poor quality.

If you see what most people are asking for a decent quality suit when not on 'special' you will be better off. The cheaper 'special' ones are usually made from inferior quality materials. And they will always get more money off you from adding on stuff.

If the suit is to wear on a regular basis at home, I would go for the best quality I could afford.

Manhattan on Rama 6 has always served me well. Huge joint. Massive selection. They will pick you up anywhere from Bangkok, feed you beers while you're shopping and deliver suits whereever you want, even overseas. Competitive pices too.

My problem with tailors in Bangkok is that the material is poor quality and the cut is awful.

The material looks ok in the shop but after a couple of days of wear they start to look shabby. The tailors proudly proclaim that the material comes from Italy or England but that does not necessarily mean it is good. As for the cut they seem to think that we all have the bone structure of Indians and need huge shoulder paddings. I ask anyone who has bought a suit in Bangkok to check the shoulders - did the tailor pack them with cotton wool?

If not I would really like to hear from you as I am looking for a good tailor who has decent materials and knows how to do shoulders.

Sam Tailor in Hong Kong is superb but I have yet to find an equivalent in Bangkok.

In many cases in Bangkok cloth indicating English or Italian origin is in fact made in Thailand.I tend to avoid Indian tailors altogether.

So where do you get yours Boris? I too would rather not use the Indian tailors - the reason being that they have a set idea in their mind what a suit should look like (huge padded shoulders and a baggy cut) and use substandard cloth. Would like to hear of other options and am not too concerned about the price.

So where do you get yours Boris? I too would rather not use the Indian tailors - the reason being that they have a set idea in their mind what a suit should look like (huge padded shoulders and a baggy cut) and use substandard cloth. Would like to hear of other options and am not too concerned about the price.

Try Dino's near Soi 12 Sukhumvit.Good quality and service but not cheap.

• 1 year later...

Go to Kittiphan at 293-5 Samsaen Rd. They are reasonably priced, and the work they did for me was truly world class, for comparison I used a pair of pants from a $2000 suit tailored by one of San francisco's top tailors (waiting list of over 6 months), and the tailoring was of equal quality, the fabric from the $2000 suit might have been a little better, but it was close. Kittiphan does top quality work, and you won't pay through the nose. I paid $175 for my pants, but because of the cut I wanted, they probably used nearly twice as much material as someone else would need. They qouted me around $500+ for a suit, but again that was a really unique suit, so I would think a "normal" suit would be a lot cheaper. Hope that helps.

Also... Just in case, beware od D'Oriental Fashion. I'm sure that in your search for quality tailoring you will never find them, but in case someone else is reading, at D'Oriental Fashion they are total scam artists. They make all their money on tourists that are brought there by tuk-tuks. They -will- con you, so stay away. I hundreds of dollars there, so learn from my mistake and stay away!

i would like to buy some suits in bangkok

but i really do not know to choose a good( quality) tailor shop or just a suitshop

in bangkok

There are several threads on this subject in this forum and you will find much useful information in them.

For what it’s worth, for the past few years I have been using World Group on New Road and have no complaints.

---------------

Maestro

I just bought two suits from embassy fashion (www.embassyfashion.com), which is run by an english guy. I was happy with both the cut and the material. I work in a suit environment and need good quality suits for work every day. Paid 18,000baht each, with 2 pants and 1 jacket. I have a fairly athletic shape and at the fitting, they took in the waist and made it to a slim shape that accentuated my bodyshape very well. For the same price I can buy a Hugo Boss red label (the slimmer cut than the black label) suit in Germany (where I am on business trips frequently)... I can't tell you which one is better, I like and have both.

I've never had a problem,as one poster says, with the cut or design of a suit - neither have any ofmy friends. If I want a slim fitted cut, that's what I ask for and thats what I get (maybe after a few fittings). Same goes for shoulders and anything else. Allowing the tailor to cut it the way he wants is asking for trouble.

I can also recommend Raja's on soi 4 who have a top reputation among the expat community, particularly the American crowd. For a cheaper suit but still nice material and tailoring I can recommend Louis on Suk between sois 8 & 10 - around 5000 baht.

Friends have used Rajawongse and say they are fine too.

If you really want top shelf, try Tanaka between sois 14 and 12.

• 6 months later...
I've never had a problem,as one poster says, with the cut or design of a suit - neither have any ofmy friends. If I want a slim fitted cut, that's what I ask for and thats what I get (maybe after a few fittings). Same goes for shoulders and anything else. Allowing the tailor to cut it the way he wants is asking for trouble.

I can also recommend Raja's on soi 4 who have a top reputation among the expat community, particularly the American crowd. For a cheaper suit but still nice material and tailoring I can recommend Louis on Suk between sois 8 & 10 - around 5000 baht.

Friends have used Rajawongse and say they are fine too.

If you really want top shelf, try Tanaka between sois 14 and 12.

I have had suits made in Thailand. None of the suits or shirts have been up to the same quality that I have found in a top end tailor shop in Hong Kong (Ying Tai in the Peninsula Hotel). Granted the prices in Thailand are an order of magnitude cheaper. Is there a place in Thailand that provides that level of quality, or is it just better to goto Hong Kong for this type of stuff?

A 5000 baht suit simply isn't worth owning.

I couldn't agreed more. The material in a top end suit is going to cost more than 5000 baht, especially if you use top end fabric from italy or england. I think most of the tailors in BKK do not use true high quality english or italian wool or silk to make their products. I would like to be proven wrong, and directed to a really top end tailor shop. Please advise.

To Maestro: Where are the threads? Searching with "tailor" or "suit" brings up very little. What are these threads hiding under?

No drama. Just look for a sticker "Taylor of the Year 2007".

It's been a while since my last post in this thread. It deserves an update:

The best taylor would have a sticker in the window reading "Taylor of the year 2008".

They are the magicians who can turn a kitchen cloth into a 175US$ suit. With 3 pairs of pants and 2 shirts. The money and measures taken on the Sukhumvit, the "work" done in sweatshop hangars in the outskirts of BKK. No matter who takes the money and measures...all the "suits" end up being "done" in 1-3 different places.

Don't believe? Ask them to show you the shop that copes with all the orders.

They might show you an idling sawing machine, see what they can do with it. Your "Royal", "Raja" , "Maharaja", "Super-Ultra-DeLuxe" taylors would not know what is front or back of the equipment.

• Like 1