Where Is The Best Tailor Or Suit Shop In Bkk?

EUROPORTUGAL

Notice someone mentioned Moon River. I had a suit made there about 12 years ago. Very good then. Does anyone know if they are still any good. I'm out suit shopping tomorrow and my wife said to go back there.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have made suits and shirts many a times in the Land of Smiles and have never been disappointed. I have paid between 8000 - 12000 Baht a suit. The good thing about the tailors I use is that they do not lie about the content of the fabric. Most tailors will say the fabrics are cashmere or merino wools made from Italy as they are labelled on the fabric. The tailors I use will let me know which fabrics are from Thailand and they also stock real wools from England and Italy but those start at B 35000 a suit - I am not interested in those as the range he makes for me are perfect! I have tried many tailors but the two that I keep going back to are Inders Fashion on soi 11 Sukhumvit road and Sarto di Moda on soi 22 Sukhumvit Road. Depending on the hotel I stay in, I go to one of these tailors and have never been disappointed!

Mr. Wilkins, aren't you Mr. Suk? To the extend that I know, Mr. Suk owns both the place ! :o

Good day

I bought about 8 suits over 4 years in BKK (2004-2008)

I usually pay 500. US for the highest?? quality wool and I have been very well satisfied.

For that you can get 2 suits, 6 shirts and a some ties.

The shop I go is called BOSS on 119 Shukumvit and I plan to again.

Fobuff

My 2 cents on bangkok bespoke suits

A brit expat friend of mine referred me to Ambassador Fashion on Suk soi 19. I had two suits made there (about 10,000b ea) and they fit me perfectly. The quality is solid and the fabric is "ok". But I would rather have a well made suit that fits me perfectly than to have an off the rack suit using zegna or piana fabric that doesn't fit well. In fact I will never buy an off the rack suit again.

In the future I will look a little closer at the fabrics and get a small sample to make sure I don't get the old bait and switch pulled on me.

"I dont think anyone here really has any knowledge of what a good suit is...."

Absolutely true. Farangs swoon over the excellent fabrics (hey, it's a real 'Zegna fabric'), and most of it is polyester. An excellent method to test the fabric for fiber content is to burn a small piece: it it "melts", it's synthetic. The selvage (the piece of cloth that is cut off when the suit is cut) falsely claims the fabric manufacturer, the place of manufacture, and the content.

Too, if you see most farnags wearing a suit, it's obvious that they do not understand how a suit should fit.

If i ever buy another one it'll be off the shelf as at least i know what im getting and can then take it to a tailor to get altered to fit.

That's an idea: buy a high-quality off-the-rack suit and get a tailor here to alter it so that it fits as well as a bespoke. Wonder if that would work.

If i ever buy another one it'll be off the shelf as at least i know what im getting and can then take it to a tailor to get altered to fit.

That's an idea: buy a high-quality off-the-rack suit and get a tailor here to alter it so that it fits as well as a bespoke. Wonder if that would work.

This is a great idea if you are slender. Most men over 30 get a little beefier in the chest and waist so they buy an off the rack suit to fit their chest. The shoulders are then too wide, the length extends beyond the buttocks and most men don't know that a good sleeve length should show about 3/8" of shirt cuff. Therefore they end up looking like they are wearing their father's suit.

Siince narrowing the shoulders on an OTR suit is a bitch it's just easier to go bespoke or made to measure. My last BK bespoke suit really was a silk blend and fits me better than my purple label made to measure suits hands down and the quality is great. If I were a farang businessman in need of a few suits I would hop a flight to BK, have a nice holiday and get several decent fitting suits and shirts for the same price as one savile row suit. Just find a reputable suit maker and expect to pay at least 9,000-12,000 baht per suit and inspect the fabrics carefully.

This is a great idea if you are slender. Most men over 30 get a little beefier in the chest and waist so they buy an off the rack suit to fit their chest. The shoulders are then too wide, the length extends beyond the buttocks and most men don't know that a good sleeve length should show about 3/8" of shirt cuff. Therefore they end up looking like they are wearing their father's suit.

Siince narrowing the shoulders on an OTR suit is a bitch it's just easier to go bespoke or made to measure. My last BK bespoke suit really was a silk blend and fits me better than my purple label made to measure suits hands down and the quality is great. If I were a farang businessman in need of a few suits I would hop a flight to BK, have a nice holiday and get several decent fitting suits and shirts for the same price as one savile row suit. Just find a reputable suit maker and expect to pay at least 9,000-12,000 baht per suit and inspect the fabrics carefully.

At the end of the day, tailored clothes in Bangkok are a great deal. But very importantly about fabrics. Many tailors do infact lie about the fabrics so ask to burn the fabric. Very easy and simple! If its polyester - its plastic. If its wool, its a natural fibre. Before you buy and commit to the suit, "inspect" the fabric well by burning it!!

Many tailors in Bangkok do a good job. There have been at least half a dozen mentioned on this thread alone. Take your pick and you should be fine. If you're not happy when you first walk in, don't have anything made!!!

• 6 months later...

In answer to the title of the thread

High end "Narin"

Cheap "Marco" Suk soi 15.

When you walk in to Marco say Peter sent you, you might get it cheaper, he is a good old friend. For the price he has the best shirts I have ever had in Bangkok. Not to Narin standards but good enough for what I need.

Everyone knows the Indian guys are buyers of materials and all the work is done outside of there stores. The way to find the best place is look at it as though you buying materials for your suit or shirt only and hope there relationship with the outsourced tailors is good.

Good luck :)

Hi All,

Sorry to jump in here with my question but I didn't really want to start a new post on this.

My wife would like to have a Chinese style silk dress made and does not know who to turn to.

I'm sure you've seen those Chinese silk dresses before that are body hugging with a nice flower or dragon patern on silk.

Could anyone recommend a tailor in Bangkok for this? Most tailors in Bangkok cater for men and not for women.

Maybe we should look around for a tailor in China town?

We are looking for a tailor that will do a top quality job and the silk ofcourse should be of top quality.

We're happy to pay a fair amount for this.

Scammers do not need to reply, I SMELL THEM A MILE AWAY!

Cheers :)

Hi All,

Sorry to jump in here with my question but I didn't really want to start a new post on this.

My wife would like to have a Chinese style silk dress made and does not know who to turn to.

I'm sure you've seen those Chinese silk dresses before that are body hugging with a nice flower or dragon patern on silk.

Could anyone recommend a tailor in Bangkok for this? Most tailors in Bangkok cater for men and not for women.

Maybe we should look around for a tailor in China town?

We are looking for a tailor that will do a top quality job and the silk ofcourse should be of top quality.

We're happy to pay a fair amount for this.

Scammers do not need to reply, I SMELL THEM A MILE AWAY!

Cheers :)

Ok this may or may not help you out, but CP dress makers are one of the best in the business regarding ladies dresses. They MAY be able to make what you want, or look at you with a completely puzzed look as to what you are speaking about. I'd suggest that if you're stuck and don't have any other solution..you should check them out! They only deal with ladies dresses and ladies clothing and most imporantly Thai/Chinese owned/origin so high chance there :-).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok

It appears Mills in Thailand import thier wool from China or Japan.

In that case I will switch focus to tailors. Does anyone here own/run or know a decent NON store front tailor (so a tailor were the store front guys get thier material from) in Thailand (bkk prefered)

Let me know

• 2 months later...
In that case I will switch focus to tailors. Does anyone here own/run or know a decent NON store front tailor (so a tailor were the store front guys get thier material from) in Thailand (bkk prefered)

Let me know

ermmm....not quite sure what you are asking

a tailor where other tailor shops buy their material from?

tailor shops will buy from either wholesalers or manufacturers (and not from other tailors)

so if you find the places that sell the material, its unlikely they will be able to make you a suit

however, you can find these shops in either Sampheng (wholesale only, with maybe a couple of retail) or in Pahurat (retail and wholesale). actually...there are a couple of tailors in the Pahurat area, but I doubt they will be able to make good business suits

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Romeo and Juliet Tailor's House is the tailor that I would recommend as my sister and I have been using the tailors for many years. Every time I come to Bangkok I always get some clothes tailored and they have never disappointed me. I would really recommend you to go there because they also provide you with after sale services.

they are based on 118 Ratchaprarob Road, Near Indra hotel. postal code 10400

The staff of the shop is also very friendly and will be happy to assist you. You can call them at 0819180148.

Their Website is http://www.romeojuliettailors.webs.com

Hope you get good clothes made! :)

And enjoy Bangkok. Its a beautiful city. Its the one place in Asia we always go back to each year

I haven’t got the greatest body ever and its hard to find formal shirts, pants and suits that fit me well and make me look a little slimmer then I am. Then I found one in Bangkok, Thailand. Savile Row Tailor in Bangkok provided me with 6 excellent suits, 15 beautiful looking shirts and 12 fantastic, well cut pants and all at a very reasonable price. I’ve had good comments after comments about the clothes I wear to work nowadays and haven’t felt as great as I have in ages. I no longer have to go shopping for formal clothes. So I’d highly recommend Savilerow Tailors for anyone looking to make tailor made clothes out there. They provide excellent service and I’ve had the priveledge to get my clothes tailored there and will not hesistate to go back again and again to them. The best part is they’re located in the centre of town which was very easily accessible for me. Location – Inside rose hotel, suriwong road,near patpong street

[email protected]

Holland Bennett

Are you advertising? cause it looks like you are

• 1 year later...

Marco Tailor in Siam Square.

Came over from Hong Kong many a decade ago. He's a proper old Chinaman and he 'gets' graceful understatement.

The closest thing to Saville Row you're likely to find in Thailand, they've produced the best cut/shaped shirts I've seen in Thailand bar none, and would give many vastly more expensive tailors in London a run for their money.

Having said that, I haven't bought anything off them in a while and the old boy must be getting on a bit . . .

Edited by Trembly

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Reviving this thread with a question.

Looking to buy a suit so need advice from people in the know.

I want to spend around 25,000baht so I've been either looking at getting a tailored suit or looking at a off the rack Hugo Boss suit. The latter is having a huge sale right now so I can a suit from that that normally costs over 40k baht for around my budget or can I get a much better quality suit from a tailor? If so what tailor do you recommend?