Two Tourists In Pai Shot By A Police Officer

invalidusername

LAst night there was an incident in Pai. Not sure if this is being 'allowed' to the mainstream press or not but I will tell you the FACTS and the RUMORS

FACTS:

Last night Janurary 5th a little after Midnight a forgien tourist was shot through the mouth and died instanly by a Thai man with whoum he was earlier arguing. Witnesses earlier saw the Thai man and the Tourist arguring on the street and the Thai man drove off shouting in english 'I'LL KILL YOU'

shortly after the Tourist was eating at a resuturant and the Thai man came in and stuck a gun down the forgienners throat and shot him dead. It is also thought the forgineers girlfriend and possibly another was injured.

As for RUMORS there are two corrurent rurmors circulating:

THE OFFICAL REPORT:

There were two falang fighting and the police came to break up the fight and the falang attacked the police and the police had to shoot them in self defence.

THE STREET REPORT (From the Local Thais)

The man who shot the tourist was an Off Duty Pai Police officer who was drinking.

Both seem to concur that a Police officer shot a forgineer so we will go with that.

Also the local Thais are saying that the Police Force arrested the officer as well - but that is still in Rumor phase.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice !

RIP to another victim of useless violence .

I wonder if we will see something on the news ,

it should be . If not perhaps the police over there

wants to cover something and it will be difficult for the family

of the foreigner to bring the guilty to justice .

The embassy of the foreigner should be informed rapidly ,

and for his family to pressure the police , so there will be justice .

Anyway my thoughts go to the family of the victim and also the people

who have witnessed this awful event . RIP .

LAst night there was an incident in Pai. Not sure if this is being 'allowed' to the mainstream press or not but I will tell you the FACTS and the RUMORS

FACTS:

Last night Janurary 5th a little after Midnight a forgien tourist was shot through the mouth and died instanly by a Thai man with whoum he was earlier arguing. Witnesses earlier saw the Thai man and the Tourist arguring on the street and the Thai man drove off shouting in english 'I'LL KILL YOU'

shortly after the Tourist was eating at a resuturant and the Thai man came in and stuck a gun down the forgienners throat and shot him dead. It is also thought the forgineers girlfriend and possibly another was injured.

As for RUMORS there are two corrurent rurmors circulating:

THE OFFICAL REPORT:

There were two falang fighting and the police came to break up the fight and the falang attacked the police and the police had to shoot them in self defence.

THE STREET REPORT (From the Local Thais)

The man who shot the tourist was an Off Duty Pai Police officer who was drinking.

Both seem to concur that a Police officer shot a forgineer so we will go with that.

Also the local Thais are saying that the Police Force arrested the officer as well - but that is still in Rumor phase.

yet another thai man with balls the size of microscopic nano particles.

Another Somchai Wisetsingh type murder. Expect the perpetrator to have been smuggled to safety across the Burmese border by now while a deal is worked out. e.g. leave the police force, spend 6 months on remand, then get an unofficial pension.

RIP to the victim. No justice to be expected here if the killer is indeed a policeman.

Sounds like the Thai version of Dirty Harry is doing his thang!

Except that Dirty Harry usually picked on criminals, not tourists, and both party's were armed and dangerous. In this case, we seem to have a slight firepower imbalance. RIP, not a nice thing to happen on holiday. :o

Hmm relying on FACTS surfacing about police shooting tourists in cold blood is a dream. WAKEY WAKEY, the entire government/country has it in their best interests to cover this up and release untruths, cops murdering people is going to hurt tourism. This happens, and it will never be truthfully released, until the day someone catches one of these on video ala Rodney King style. Funny there is a thread going with all kinds of people talking about how safe Thailand is...... unbelievable.

Damian

Stories like this just suck. I personally think because Thailand is such a big country with what it seems a large number of foreign tourists that these things will happen (will we ever know what they argued about?) and combine the fact that some Thais who lose face will do anything to avenge their perceived loss of face, even murder, and you are left with much distaste in the mouth. None of these things make what happened right, however. Senseless murders, which happen all over the world, are just impossible to explain, and particularly in a case like this which happens sometimes in Thailand.

I live in Pai and can confirm that there was a shooting last night. A canadian guy is dead and his female friend is in hospital in Chiang Mai having been shot through the shoulder or so I am told.

The incident certainly did not take place in a restaurant. The blood stains on the road are testament to that fact. According to witnesses, the couple in question were very drunk and fighting in the street. A local off duty policeman witnessed this whilst eating in a nearby restaurant and intervened. How the couple ended up getting shot I am not sure and has obviously been the subject of intense speculation here today. The policeman in question is a notoriously unstable individual who allegedly tried to kill himself a few weeks ago and was also rumoured to be drunk at the time of the incident.

How a domestic if very public argument has escalated into this beggars belief. Although having said that, if you have witnessed the level of drinking here amongst the coppers (whilst in uniform) as I have, then something like this, although deeply worrying is not altogether surprising.

Will update with as reliable information as I can get, when I get it.

The press silence/self-censorship here would suggest, from previous experiences, that the powers-that-be are working out the story and how to present it to the world and working out the deal for the killer policeman. It is disappointing that not one media outlet in Thailand has reported the story. This in itself tells a tale.

The press silence/self-censorship here would suggest

Don't be too harsh... It's sunday.

We shall have something tomorrow.

If you read Thai, try the "crime" section of Sanook.com, there are tons of stories of drug-dealer arrests, slayings and road deaths from the last 24 hours. The key thing is that all these stories rely exclusively on police press releases. As there appears to have been no police press release on this story, nothing appears in the local press. As to why there has been no press release, well, I have my ideas stated above, others may differ in their opinions.

I live in Pai and can confirm that there was a shooting last night. A canadian guy is dead and his female friend is in hospital in Chiang Mai having been shot through the shoulder or so I am told.

The incident certainly did not take place in a restaurant. The blood stains on the road are testament to that fact. According to witnesses, the couple in question were very drunk and fighting in the street. A local off duty policeman witnessed this whilst eating in a nearby restaurant and intervened. How the couple ended up getting shot I am not sure and has obviously been the subject of intense speculation here today.

Yeah well policemen probably came to the rescue of the woman; man tells him to fvk off, policeman have hurt pride and shoot man, woman turns her rage on policeman, policeman feels cornered so shoot woman to.

Or something like that. Anyway a big mess.

The incident certainly did not take place in a restaurant. The blood stains on the road are testament to that fact. According to witnesses, the couple in question were very drunk and fighting in the street. A local off duty policeman witnessed this whilst eating in a nearby restaurant and intervened. How the couple ended up getting shot I am not sure and has obviously been the subject of intense speculation here today.

Yeah well policemen probably came to the rescue of the woman; man tells him to fvk off, policeman have hurt pride and shoot man, woman turns her rage on policeman, policeman feels cornered so shoot woman to.

With your speculation you missed off the bit excusing the Thai's behavious!

I am sure any woman or man just having watched their partner being assasinated at point blank rage would turn their rage on the policeman who is still golding the smoking gun.... not

Hmm relying on FACTS surfacing about police shooting tourists in cold blood is a dream. WAKEY WAKEY, the entire government/country has it in their best interests to cover this up and release untruths, cops murdering people is going to hurt tourism. This happens, and it will never be truthfully released, until the day someone catches one of these on video ala Rodney King style. Funny there is a thread going with all kinds of people talking about how safe Thailand is...... unbelievable.

Damian

e

That is sooooo true, both police and locals will going to hide it under the carpet as fastest as they can..no ones gonna talk about it..By the way if you ask some locals there all they can tell you was Farang Baah maak, som nam na..

I better leave that to the Thai judges when the case goes to court.

Is that "When" or "If" it gets to court?

Is that "When" or "If" it gets to court?

Initially that's what was in my mind but somehow I choose to write when. Guess I'm still an optimist :o

Initially that's what was in my mind but somehow I choose to write when. Guess I'm still an optimist :o

I hope I am still an optomist too but I also beleive if they could hide it they would and so as much possibility as possible is a good thing.

If he is Canadian I hope his Embassy pushes things.

At some point, these incessant cover-ups and smoke and mirror acts

whenever a serious crime is perpretrated against a foreigner begin

damaging the country's reputation. And we passed this point a long

time ago. I have yet to see an expatriates respective embassy take

a stand and demand some justice when their citizens rights have been

violated. And I mean more than superficial action, I mean honestly

dispensing justice where the punishment is served. That Thais are

allowed to commit crimes against foreigners with impunity is why

this problem continues to spiral out of control.They're not all good. :o

At some point, these incessant cover-ups and smoke and mirror acts

whenever a serious crime is perpretrated against a foreigner begin

damaging the country's reputation. And we passed this point a long

time ago. I have yet to see an expatriates respective embassy take

a stand and demand some justice when their citizens rights have been

violated. And I mean more than superficial action, I mean honestly

dispensing justice where the punishment is served. That Thais are

allowed to commit crimes against foreigners with impunity is why

this problem continues to spiral out of control.They're not all good. :o

How far can an Embassy really go though - they can do the public thing as well as the quiet word that may have more influence but how much does it help?

I think the families of the Kanchanaburi couple and Kirsty Young were supported and even Welsh police helped with the Young case and probably know who did it but still murderers get away.

Then the Brit Embassy tried to have criticism of Thailand repressed I seem to recall saying it would hurt the tourist industry.

As you say a time has to come when the truth is told and <deleted> to losing face and kreng jai - our economy would not be hurt by it - only the Thai's

Every once in a while we read rather hidden short page 4 articles about the 2,500 Thais killed by police a few years ago. What is so frickin' important about one or two farangs that it should make page 1 in Thai newspapers?

Because tourism is economically important to the Thai's at 6% of GDP?

Before you say only 6% the auto indiustry is "Only" 9% and thats the only industry appears in the world top economic tables one (if we do not include prostitution, drugs and corruption).