Directions To Sriracha Somdet Memorial Hospital

astromash

Can anyone help with directions to Sriracha Somdet Memorial Hospital (also known as Queen Sawang Wattana Memorial and also known as the Red Cross Hospital)? I'll be going by bus from Pattaya. I know the address is 290 Jermjompon Rd, Sriracha district, Chonburi 20110. The only places I know in Sriracha are Robinson and the Tiger Zoo. Some info I got off the internet indicates the hospital is "south-east from clock tower at market on right" but I have no idea where the clocktower or market are.

Thanks.

You need to get off the bus about 1km before Robinson's. There are sign posts on Sukumwit. Be near the front of the bus, the bus conductor may (or may not help you). On the corner (left) you will see 'The 9th Hole' (night club). Head down this road (past 'Galaxy Massage') towards the coast, 5-10min walk down hill or 10-20 Baht on motocy.

If you miss the corner and get to Robinson's it will still only cost you 20 Baht by motocy.

Hope this helps.

You need to get off the bus about 1km before Robinson's. There are sign posts on Sukumwit. Be near the front of the bus, the bus conductor may (or may not help you). On the corner (left) you will see 'The 9th Hole' (night club). Head down this road (past 'Galaxy Massage') towards the coast, 5-10min walk down hill or 10-20 Baht on motocy.

If you miss the corner and get to Robinson's it will still only cost you 20 Baht by motocy.

Hope this helps.

That helps a lot. Thanks very much. 3 things ....

Are the signposts on Sukhumvit for the hospital in English?

Are 'The Ninth Hole' and 'Galaxy Massage' in English? (Just checking.)

The road you mention that leads from 'The Ninth Hole' on Sukhumvit to the hospital - do you know if that Jermjompon Road?

Thanks again.

Yes, signs are all in English.

I think the road is probably Jerjompon Rd as the hospital is on that road. It swings around at the hospital and leads to the clock tower and market you mentioned. But sorry, I'm not sure.

Sorry, astromash. I just went for a walk and discovered the '9th Hole' and 'Galaxy' signs are no longer there. The hospital sign on Sukumwit is quite clear but not the spelling of Queen 'what's-her-name' that I would expect.

post-31207-1199952530_thumb.jpg

The 9th Hole sign has been replaced with this. I can't read Thai so I don't know what it says.

post-31207-1199952960_thumb.jpg

The hugh glitzy sign 'GALAXY' has been replaced with Thai that I can't read.

post-31207-1199953267_thumb.jpg

Sorry again. I've lived here for 11 years. The place has changed rapidly of late and I often don't notice all the changes.

Sorry again. I've lived here for 11 years. The place has changed rapidly of late and I often don't notice all the changes.

No sweat bgood. Went there yesterday no problem - but I was wondering where 'The 9th Hole' and 'Galaxy' were! Your tip re the songtaews was great. 10 baht from central Pattaya to Naklua. 20 baht from there to the hospital entrance. Thanks again.