Australian Aged Pension

15 hours ago, Artisi said:

Me too, Aus bank, I then transfer in $A to a foreign account in Thailand and transfer to Thai account as and when needed. 

What are your transfer fees? ANZ charges me $18 for a transfer of $10K in Aussie dollars.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Due to popular demand this topic has been re-opened. Members are advised that it will be closely monitored and any hint of the bickering that occurred in the past will result in an almo

Scott Morrison scraps Government plans to raise pension age to 70 The Prime Minister has dumped the plan to raise the pension age to 70. Scott Morrison has announced the decision on breakfas

I understand that it will certainly be an inconvenience for some, but all the whinging in the world ain't gonna change a thing. Want the pension? Comply with the criteria. End of.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What are your transfer fees? ANZ charges me $18 for a transfer of $10K in Aussie dollars.

Macquarie bank charges AUD15 for all international transfers regardless of amount, very simple process, all on-line. Money in my K Bank a/c in Thailand within 48 hours, or less.  

Just now, scorecard said:

Macquarie bank charges AUD15 for all international transfers regardless of amount, very simple process, all on-line. Money in my K Bank a/c in Thailand within 48 hours, or less.  

Thanks, then ANZ is only $3 more. I always transfer the maximum amount which is A$10K, but it's more expensive to transfer in Aussie dollars than Thai Baht, but given the poor exchange rate that ANZ offers it still works out much, much cheaper for me to pay the $18.

54 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Thanks, then ANZ is only $3 more. I always transfer the maximum amount which is A$10K, but it's more expensive to transfer in Aussie dollars than Thai Baht, but given the poor exchange rate that ANZ offers it still works out much, much cheaper for me to pay the $18.

Did a transfer last week from CBA: fee AUD11.00, rate 20.34

Just did a transfer today from

TransferWise: fee AUD 2.05, rate 22.16 see pic

Cost to open TransferWise account: zero

Cost to transfer money from my CBA to my TransferWise account:  zero

Will I ever use CBA (or any other mainstream AU bank) to transfer money overseas: of course not. 

2B752871-6A75-42A2-B9A0-40988EE5B072.jpeg

Edit: I was able to open the TransferWise account from overseas, but needed an AU address.

Edited by Nemises
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Nemises said:

Yes mate, very easily and quickly but you need an AU address and photo ID. 

That let's me out. Have an Aussie passport but no longer any address in Oz after 11 years in Thailand.

17 minutes ago, giddyup said:

That let's me out. Have an Aussie passport but no longer any address in Oz after 11 years in Thailand.

Have you not got family or a friend who's address you can use? That will work. All correspondence is online so the address is in name only.

Edit: Not sure if you have to have photo ID with address. I joined a long time ago. That will stymie things unfortunately.

Edited by rhodie
5 hours ago, giddyup said:

Use the address  you used for your passport if it was an Aust one.