Koh Chang Forum

george

This is the Koh Chang Forum:

Ko Chang (Thai: เกาะช้าง) is the second largest island of Thailand, located on the Thai east coast 310 km away from Bangkok near the border to Cambodia in the Gulf of Thailand. The name means Elephant Island. It is a mountainous island with several waterfalls and rainforest. The island is part of the Mu Ko Chang Marine National Park. During World War II, Ko Chang was the scene of a naval battle between the Royal Thai Navy and a Vichy France squadron, in which the Thais were decisively beaten.

Until the mid-1980s the infrastructure on the island was undeveloped, but tourism has increased significantly since then. The island now receives 655,000 visitors annually, about two thirds of them Thai. There are also beautiful resorts now popping up all over the island.

The island forms a district (Amphoe) in the province of Trat. It was formed on April 30 1994, when it was split off from Laem Ngop district, at first being a minor district (King Amphoe)[1].

Following a decision of the Thai government on May 15 2007, all of the 81 minor districts were to be upgraded to full districts[2]. With the publishing in the Royal Gazette on August 24 the upgrade became official [3].

The district is subdivided into two subdistricts (tambon), which are further subdivided into 9 villages (muban). There are no municipal (thesaban) areas, and 2 Tambon administrative organizations (TAO).

-- Source: Wikipedia

Dear members of Koh Chang, You got your own forum now.

George,

Is this to be a Koh Chang sub-forum only, or will it be the surrounding Environs too?

Moss

I read it as such:

Koh Chang Forum

Forum for Koh Chang and The Eastern Seaboard beyond Pattaya

Edited by HarryHacker

Dear members of Koh Chang, You got your own forum now.

George,

Is this to be a Koh Chang sub-forum only, or will it be the surrounding Environs too?

Moss

I read it as such:

Koh Chang Forum

Hi Harry, I don't read that way, but I hope you are right, so in the absence of further info, I shall post and see if they get deleted.

Moss

I read it as such:

Koh Chang Forum

Hi Harry, I don't read that way, but I hope you are right, so in the absence of further info, I shall post and see if they get deleted.

Moss

Actually, that's what it says in the forum description on the main forum list page, Moss :o

I read it as such:

Koh Chang Forum

Moss

Actually, that's what it says in the forum description on the main forum list page, Moss :o

I knew I should have checked out that page, I have been caught out before on those descriptions, so I should have known better :D

Cheers

Moss

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Given that I am going to have a look at East Pattaya, where is the best part of the Island to stay, for R&R, snorkelling and perhaps some easy sailing. I want to spend around 800 to 1200 BHT a night including breakfast. I hate mosquitos with a passion and will require good clean Air conditioned accommodation , in an area with enough good places to eat.

So any suggestions? I hope to be travelling from Vietnam to Thailand up or down have not worked it out yet. so passing through Cambodia as well