English Guy Bulldozes House

MrJay

I went to visit a few friends the other day 10km outside nongki,on a maine road situation highway 24,whilst sat there i saw numerous trucks with rubble,block cement ect keep turning up at a thai house,one of the guys there then tells me you hear what happen there i said no,he tells me the english guy built a 1.5 million baht house finnished only afew weeks ago,him n the misses had a argument,she went back to pattaya,the mother said to him give me 400 thousand baht then you can live there,he got a flat loader in with bulldozer & jcb ect,and flattened it, he had already gone to the police with all receipts and told them what he was doing,they said no problem,mother called police,they said to her your land his house cant stop him,now hes living with his cleaner at the house where the rubble was being dropped.anything like this happened near you,its certainly put fear into a lot of thais in my village and my woman as of late is treating me real good......... i wonder why.......on another good note the same guy tells me not to worry if you lost your receipts,just go back to the shop give the guy a few hundred baht and he will print you some up..........brilliant.....regards jay..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there not a similar story up in Udon not too long ago.

Then there was the one down south where the guy burned it down so the relatives could not get it after his wife died - they were trying to force him out.

It does highlight the precarious nature of purchaesing a landed house in Thailand for some - especially when you do so in "Their" location.

Certainly supports the "farang baa" perception by the local Thais. A lot of farang don't deal with resentment and losing face very well.

Resentment yes

Losing face - well yes if you want to define it in a farang way and not a Thai / Asian way.

For Thai's / Asians its more like shame as defined by some cultural observers who have done work in this area like "Yueng and Tung" (1996) whereas Westerners have guilt but they were looking at Guanxi compared with western networking.

This infantile "I'll show you" bulldozing tantrum is about poor impulse control, lack of anger management skills, and probably a hefty dose of spirits punctuated by wicked hangovers. The "I'll show you" outburst is a response to an inner perception of losing face and a childish attempt to re-establish respect.

I am very familiar with Lung Yueng and lung Tung and respect their works highly.

Edited by sunrise07

There is a similar case in Khon Kaen: about 15 km from KKC, on the left side of road to Pra Yun, there was a very nice house with a big, beautiful garden. About 2 or 3 years ago, it was completely destroyed; only the fence and some of the garden remained. The story is, that the Thai wife had a boyfriend and the farang husband left her.

This is about 30 km from my home. I do not know anybody of this story personally - it is all just hearsay. The comments of the Thais here - which are not related to the Thai wife in any way - voice a lot of understanding for the farang and 'serves her right' for the Thai wife.

Regards

Thedi

I'm looking for SAS programming positions whether part time or fulltime. I was accepted into a Doctor of Public Health Nutrition program at Mahidol Univ. but am exploring options for income. I have undergrad degrees in Math Ed., Biometry, and a Masters Degree in Nutrition Science. My resume is attached.

Steve

SAS? Don't think there is much need in LOS. They don't know of or believe in statistics. Maybe the public sector is your best shot, or even teaching SAS in uni

Sorry don't know how his happened. was replying to a different thread. TV problems.

Edited by cm-happy

This infantile "I'll show you" bulldozing tantrum is about poor impulse control, lack of anger management skills, and probably a hefty dose of spirits punctuated by wicked hangovers. The "I'll show you" outburst is a response to an inner perception of losing face and a childish attempt to re-establish respect.

I am very familiar with Lung Yueng and lung Tung and respect their works highly.

sounds like your the type to give the mother 400 thousand baht to stay on then eh........

I went to visit a few friends the other day 10km outside nongki,on a maine road situation highway 24,whilst sat there i saw numerous trucks with rubble,block cement ect keep turning up at a thai house,one of the guys there then tells me you hear what happen there i said no,he tells me the english guy built a 1.5 million baht house finnished only afew weeks ago,him n the misses had a argument,she went back to pattaya,the mother said to him give me 400 thousand baht then you can live there,he got a flat loader in with bulldozer & jcb ect,and flattened it, he had already gone to the police with all receipts and told them what he was doing,they said no problem,mother called police,they said to her your land his house cant stop him,now hes living with his cleaner at the house where the rubble was being dropped.anything like this happened near you,its certainly put fear into a lot of thais in my village and my woman as of late is treating me real good......... i wonder why.......on another good note the same guy tells me not to worry if you lost your receipts,just go back to the shop give the guy a few hundred baht and he will print you some up..........brilliant.....regards jay..

Maybe it's me, but what have the receipts to do with the bulldozed house and who the heck is the cleaner ? :D

Hmmmm..maybe I have to go to bed and sleep :o

LaoPo

sounds like your the type to give the mother 400 thousand baht to stay on then eh........

Well, one can at least be compassionate. Where are the poor girl and her Thai boyfriend supposed to live?

I'm looking for SAS programming positions whether part time or fulltime. I was accepted into a Doctor of Public Health Nutrition program at Mahidol Univ. but am exploring options for income. I have undergrad degrees in Math Ed., Biometry, and a Masters Degree in Nutrition Science. My resume is attached.

Steve

SAS? Don't think there is much need in LOS. They don't know of or believe in statistics. Maybe the public sector is your best shot, or even teaching SAS in uni

Sorry don't know how his happened. was replying to a different thread. TV problems.

ROFL - but you are indeed correct about demand and probably the best place for work unless the guy can get some offshore freelance work.

Well, one can at least be compassionate. Where are the poor girl and her Thai boyfriend supposed to live?

Methinks you midjudge this girl!!

She has gone back to Pattaya where she probably met Mt Demolition Man - he should have held out and tried to sell the house at a profit to the next farang making his way up there :o:D

Edited by Prakanong

Well done the Guy , its about Time the Farangs here had some ball’s and

Stopped taking all the crap thrown at them , 400,000 Baht to live in a house you built and paid for .. sod off burn it down , raise it to the ground .. well done the Guy

……………………………… serves her right …………………………………..

VP

Maybe it's me, but what have the receipts to do with the bulldozed house and who the heck is the cleaner ? :D

LaoPo

well i didnt find it hard to understand, he took all the receipts for materials to build,( which he will have paid for ) so in fact the goods on the property were his and as such he can do what he likes with them, well done,. if only more men had the guts to do it maybe these money grabbing sods would give some more respect to the farang,.

Certainly supports the "farang baa" perception by the local Thais. A lot of farang don't deal with resentment and losing face very well.
i wouldnt call it resentment or losing face, id call it losing your dough and respect, good on him, but here is another no win situation for the farang, she will still own the land,.. small rice plantation once rubble is removed perhaps? :o

Seems at least semi reasonable that the mother would want some recompensation for having her land tied up with the farang's house.....she has no use of her property as long as the farang keeps a house there. I don't know if the amount was unreasonable based on the location and size of the plot. I wonder if the farang tried to negotiate with her or if he just became unreasonable at first mention and went off half cocked. Can anyone see any reason why the mother should just give the farang the use of the land?

Chownah

LaoPo

well i didnt find it hard to understand, he took all the receipts for materials to build,( which he will have paid for ) so in fact the goods on the property were his and as such he can do what he likes with them, well done,. if only more men had the guts to do it maybe these money grabbing sods would give some more respect to the farang,.

hey mike nice too see some one with some common sense-some of these on here just like to post for the fun of it,probably got nowt to do only surf n sleep.

In 4 years living in Khon Kaen, I've met about 12 guys who built houses for their g/f's that they met either online or in a tourist spot.

Only two are still together!

If you hand over control, you'll be screwed eventually. If you can last 5 years wihout the house, then you may have a chance.

Another thing, these guys NEVER listen, they are obsessed with their new-found t-rak.

I didnt read all the posts on this one but if the 2 parties had drawn up a lease agreement for the land for 30 years, then they would have had the 400,000 baht (max. probably worth a lot less) and then the future generation would have had the land back and a spanking house to boot. The english guy would probably have pegged out by then anyway; everyone happy and yet another blissful day in happy Isaan!!!

The 400,000 would only have been the start. When Momma & Co. had spent that she would have been

asking for more. The guy would never have been able to live peacefully in the place.

There would be little chance of selling it, again because Momma & Co. would do their darndest

to dissuade anyone from buying it. It's on their land remember !

So why not demolish it ? To him it's now worthless.

Naka.

Edited by naka

Bang on descision that man!

What man in his right man would want to hang around the family home after a split up anyway, If you have family with the wife/GF then fair enough, pack your bags, live elsewhere and visit. But If you have been screwed over by somebody like this guy may have done then the pefect option im my book would be to demolish the bricks and mortar. Ok you may feel a bit sick to the stomach but its better than living with the notion that somebody screwed with you severely and got away with it. I'd love to have seen the other halfs face when her mother called her and gave her the good news. :o