Finally Quit For Good.

Jockstar

4 weeks now. :o:D

Well done mate you are an inspiration to my efforts in stopping smoking and regaining control of my lungs. Keep it up.

I am on 9 days now and its still difficult, so at what stage does it get easier?

Cheers, Rick

For me, after 2 weeks or so.

Now clean since Nov. 15 and there's hardly a moment in any day that I even think of a cigarette.

I stay away from smoking places as much as possible, which isn't too hard since smoking in bars/restaurants is (almost) done now in my country. I don't even have a problem with people who still smoke in my neighbourhood, although that happens incidentally.

LaoPo

Well done Laopo you really have done well. I have avoided smokey places too but this cannot go on for ever and next week i will be back in Bangkok in the bars with the smokers. I just hope that i have as much strength as you and jockstar when the need arises.

10 days now. i can't believe it!

Cheers, Rick

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.................. next week i will be back in Bangkok in the bars with the smokers.

Cheers, Rick

I thought smoking was now a strong NO also in BKK ? At least in aircon places... :o

LaoPo

.................. next week i will be back in Bangkok in the bars with the smokers.

Cheers, Rick

I thought smoking was now a strong NO also in BKK ? At least in aircon places... :o

LaoPo

Hi Laopo,

The smoking ban comes into force on the 17th February and this is one of the reasons that i am tring to give up.

Cheers, Rick

4 weeks now. :D:D

Very well done mate.

i went through the same thing quite a few years ago. Its very hard to start with, but keep at it.

If it helps, I worked out how much smokes cost me for a year.( i was 2 packs a day, and they were then just over 2 pound a pack) and how much money I would save over a year.

then the good part, I saved that much, and blew it on a four week ALL expences paid holiday to pattaya.

So in effect, I stopped coughing and smelling like an ashtray, and got a "free" 4 weeks holiday with hot and cold running women, beer, hotel food and flights. I consider it the best move I ever made.

:o

The hardest thing I found was drinking and not smoking, I could go for 2 - 3 weeks without smoking, then when I had a few beers, I would have a smoke, then I would do 20 or so, pretty quick, when the session was over, I stopped till the next session. :D

Then I gave up drinking for 5 years, never smoked during that time, started drinking again but fortunately never went back to smoking whilst drinking.

So now just a pisshead, but a non smoking pisshead! :o

Ok I travel back to Bangkok tonight, so now my problems begin. I have done 11 days No Smoking alone and it has not been too bad but with the occasional problem day.

I will be out on the beer with the boys tomorrow, so any ideas how to resist the temptation other than not going out?

Cheers, Rick

Ok I travel back to Bangkok tonight, so now my problems begin. I have done 11 days No Smoking alone and it has not been too bad but with the occasional problem day.

I will be out on the beer with the boys tomorrow, so any ideas how to resist the temptation other than not going out?

Cheers, Rick

Try this.

When in the bar take note and guage how much smoke your smoking buddies exhale with each drag. You will be amazed how much stays within their body. Be proud of yourself for not poisoning your body in the same way.

Cheers, Rick

Try this.

When in the bar take note and guage how much smoke your smoking buddies exhale with each drag. You will be amazed how much stays within their body. Be proud of yourself for not poisoning your body in the same way.

Thanks Malc will try my best to beat this devil. Sometimes i just need encouragement from someone.

Cheers, Rick

Cheers, Rick

Try this.

Thanks Malc will try my best to beat this devil. Sometimes i just need encouragement from someone.

Cheers, Rick

11 days without a puff? then the devil is beaten. But you must remain on your guard and always remember NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF under any circumstances because you are a reformed addict.

I tried to quit this new year, slipped up a couple of times , but now haven't had a fag for 17 days including a few visits to the pub.

One thing I have noticed and so has a mate who gave up at the same time.

I get very drunk very quickly, for me, since giving up.

Anybody else noticed this?

Cheers

I get very drunk very quickly, for me, since giving up.

Anybody else noticed this?

Sometimes.

I stopped drinking 1 month before the smoking; actually not intentionally but it worked better I suppose.

Still no booze and smokies. :o

LaoPo

Cheers, Rick

Rick, When I quit 2 years ago, I never stopped my Fridays and Saturdays at the usual bar, and I do put away lots of beer. The way I handled not smoking was simple. Not even 1 puff, and the golden rule was "If I can't say no any longer, I say sorry to whoever I am with and go home immediately!"

Never had to, between beer and cigarettes, I prefer beer. Makes me a pisshead maybe, but a non-smoking one so thats OK.

Good luck mate, my best wishes with you.

5 weeks now, and I have to say feel much better for it. I have even been out on the beer with mates who smoke, and the temptation at present is not there.

Me too mate. I really do believe i have over come this demon. The 3rd of March(my birthday) will be 2 months since i totally quit. :o

5 weeks now, and I have to say feel much better for it. I have even been out on the beer with mates who smoke, and the temptation at present is not there.

Me too mate. I really do believe i have over come this demon. The 3rd of March(my birthday) will be 2 months since i totally quit. :o

It's going well, just hoping that the next football night doesn't break the resillience, or my forthcoming trip to Singapore, where I will be surrouded by ex-work collegues and school friends of which nearly all of them smoke.

Me too mate. I really do believe i have over come this demon. The 3rd of March(my birthday) will be 2 months since i totally quit. :D

Remarkable, 2 weeks after that is my birthday which I believe will make 2 months for me too.

I think this will become a mutual appreciation club :o

Cheers

Me too mate. I really do believe i have over come this demon. The 3rd of March(my birthday) will be 2 months since i totally quit. :D

Remarkable, 2 weeks after that is my birthday which I believe will make 2 months for me too.

I think this will become a mutual appreciation club :o

Cheers

Its good. We have to help each other. I am found giving up easier this time around than i did 8 years ago. Keep up the good work lads.

Its good. We have to help each other. I am found giving up easier this time around than i did 8 years ago. Keep up the good work lads.

I need no help, I am just here waiting for one of you guys to break down and go back to the weed so I can feel superior :D

Cheers

PS I find keeping your sense of humour is essential :o

I need no help, I am just here waiting for one of you guys to break down and go back to the weed so I can feel superior :D

Cheers

PS I find keeping your sense of humour is essential :D

I wont give in. I have started to get fitter again and want to see my kids(when they come) grow up. :o

I think exercise has really helped me to quit.

my first attempt coincided with upping my exercise regime to 1hr/day 5-6 days/week.

No kids but the fitter you are the more leisure options are open to you.

Keep up the good work boys.

Cheers