BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Jockstar

Finally Quit For Good.

I get very drunk very quickly, for me, since giving up.

Anybody else noticed this?

Sometimes.

I get very drunk very quickly, for me, since giving up.

Anybody else noticed this?

Sometimes.

I stopped drinking 1 month before the smoking; actually not intentionally but it worked better I suppose.

Still no booze and smokies. :o

LaoPo

Ok I travel back to Bangkok tonight, so now my problems begin. I have done 11 days No Smoking alone and it has not been too bad but with the occasional problem day.

I will be out on the beer with the boys tomorrow, so any ideas how to resist the temptation other than not going out?

Cheers, Rick

Rick, When I quit 2 years ago, I never stopped my Fridays and Saturdays at the usual bar, and I do put away lots of beer. The way I handled not smoking was simple. Not even 1 puff, and the golden rule was "If I can't say no any longer, I say sorry to whoever I am with and go home immediately!"

Never had to, between beer and cigarettes, I prefer beer. Makes me a pisshead maybe, but a non-smoking one so thats OK.

Good luck mate, my best wishes with you.

Still off the cigs.

Went out drinking yesterday and can confirm do not get drunk any more, that's a relief.

Cheers

Still off the cigs.

Went out drinking yesterday and can confirm do not get drunk any more, that's a relief.

Cheers

Well done Percy. I wonder how BR is doing.

5 weeks now, and I have to say feel much better for it. I have even been out on the beer with mates who smoke, and the temptation at present is not there.

5 weeks now, and I have to say feel much better for it. I have even been out on the beer with mates who smoke, and the temptation at present is not there.

Me too mate. I really do believe i have over come this demon. The 3rd of March(my birthday) will be 2 months since i totally quit. :o

Me too mate. I really do believe i have over come this demon. The 3rd of March(my birthday) will be 2 months since i totally quit. :o

It's going well, just hoping that the next football night doesn't break the resillience, or my forthcoming trip to Singapore, where I will be surrouded by ex-work collegues and school friends of which nearly all of them smoke.

Me too mate. I really do believe i have over come this demon. The 3rd of March(my birthday) will be 2 months since i totally quit. :D

Remarkable, 2 weeks after that is my birthday which I believe will make 2 months for me too.

I think this will become a mutual appreciation club :o

Cheers

Me too mate. I really do believe i have over come this demon. The 3rd of March(my birthday) will be 2 months since i totally quit. :D

Remarkable, 2 weeks after that is my birthday which I believe will make 2 months for me too.

I think this will become a mutual appreciation club :o

Cheers

Its good. We have to help each other. I am found giving up easier this time around than i did 8 years ago. Keep up the good work lads.

Its good. We have to help each other. I am found giving up easier this time around than i did 8 years ago. Keep up the good work lads.

I need no help, I am just here waiting for one of you guys to break down and go back to the weed so I can feel superior :D

Cheers

PS I find keeping your sense of humour is essential :o

Just over 1 year for me and I have found myself with a real craving a couple of times recently. I didn't have one as it's too much hassle quitting again.

If I drank, I certainly couldn't do it.

It's a crap drug.

I need no help, I am just here waiting for one of you guys to break down and go back to the weed so I can feel superior :D

Cheers

PS I find keeping your sense of humour is essential :D

I wont give in. I have started to get fitter again and want to see my kids(when they come) grow up. :o

I think exercise has really helped me to quit.

my first attempt coincided with upping my exercise regime to 1hr/day 5-6 days/week.

No kids but the fitter you are the more leisure options are open to you.

Keep up the good work boys.

Cheers