Finally Quit For Good.

Jockstar

Congratulations to everyone here who has kicked the weed!

I stopped on Aug. 21st after a x-ray showed early symptoms of emphysema, only way to stop that little horror from getting any worse was to stop smoking. So, after puffing up to 40 ciggies a day for 50 odd years, I just stopped.

Tough for the first couple of days, but now I'm not really troubled by it (save for nibbling the extra snack or two, short term weight gain can be got rid of once the cravings have been banished for good!)

Now I've got to work on the b/f and get him off the weed. Funny, but when he smokes it doesn't make me want one too, same when I'm out drinking with friends who smoke, never troubles me at all.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done mate......hope to be stopped myself by the time you reach CM......but I just got back from Burma with 2,000 duty free's at 44 baht a packet......I brought some patches when I was in the UK a month or so ago.

I have not started them yet obviously, but when these have gone them I'm definatley done with them.

I'm smoking 40 a bloody day....more when I see my position in the football compo !!!!!!

B44 a pack ? In Cambodia cigs are B176 for a whole carton , those are LM .

• 4 weeks later...
Well done mate......hope to be stopped myself by the time you reach CM......but I just got back from Burma with 2,000 duty free's at 44 baht a packet......I brought some patches when I was in the UK a month or so ago.

I have not started them yet obviously, but when these have gone them I'm definatley done with them.

I'm smoking 40 a bloody day....more when I see my position in the football compo !!!!!!

Hopefully you have quit by then mate. See you soon. :o