Post Your Fav Eastern Thailand Pics Here

Mossfinn

6 September 2022, Samet Ngam, Chanthaburi.

Beyond restoration, and I'm doubtful it could now be refloated to tow out to sea and sink, the HTMS Phosamton / HMS Minstrel has the river flowing through holes in its sides.

spacer.png

The photos are missing, but here's a link to an earlier history of this vessel from this forum in 2013:

From Toronto To Chanthaburi: H M S Minstrel - H T M S Phosamton

• Like 1

Revisited our previous house on the other side of town and paid a visit to the friendly but lonely horse - Mr Ed of course!

Many horses around here, some in temple grounds and appear well cared for. When we moved here 2011 there was a horse riding school but it closed about 2019.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Withing the grounds of the Royal Thai Army base (Taksin Military Camp) at Chanthaburi, restored section of the old fortifications from 1700s

spacer.png

and more recent architecture, one of the restored French military buildings from their occupation here 1893-1906

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Krabi? 

Surat Thani, I think, coming back from Krabi

Here's Krabi ... 

image.png.659b36d1f508cc969243b464170c8b64.png

I like the S more than the N, sort of.  Living in Philly, PA, USA area, WV & TN, I got my fill of small mountain ranges.  Still go N though, just not a much.

I do most of my landscape shots with this lens, (if bored) but scroll down to bottom, then up, and you'll avoid more photos of birds than landscape.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FosdqbfY1sbFX36K7

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Surat Thani, I think, coming back from Krabi

Here's Krabi ... 

image.png.659b36d1f508cc969243b464170c8b64.png

I like the S more than the N, sort of.  Living in Philly, PA, USA area, WV & TN, I got my fill of small mountain ranges.  Still go N though, just not a much.

I do most of my landscape shots with this lens, (if bored) but scroll down to bottom, then up, and you'll avoid more photos of birds than landscape.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FosdqbfY1sbFX36K7

I go down south at least two times a year, and also further North maybe three times or four, and the reason I choose to go north more often, is the boring roads between where I live and south. 6 hours of sleepy tiring roads, while here I live, it is just right on it from the first km with great scenery. 

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I go down south at least two times a year, and also further North maybe three times or four, and the reason I choose to go north more often, is the boring roads between where I live and south. 6 hours of sleepy tiring roads, while here I live, it is just right on it from the first km with great scenery. 

Same reason I don't go N that much any more.  Take 3 hr just to get to the hwy #4/35 split.   Along with living in NE for 16 yrs, and going west to N side way too many times already.

Still takes me 2+ hrs to get to #4/41 split, but Chumphon is nice enough.

Once I get to #415/41 split, I don't feel like coming back home ????

The Surf & Myanmar hills at home are nice enough, just Surat, Phang-nga & points beyond,  are simply spectacular. 

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Same reason I don't go N that much any more.  Take 3 hr just to get to the hwy #4/35 split.   Along with living in NE for 16 yrs, and going west to N side way too many times already.

Still takes me 2+ hrs to get to #4/41 split, but Chumphon is nice enough.

Once I get to #415/41 split, I don't feel like coming back home ????

The Surf & Myanmar hills at home are nice enough, just Surat, Phang-nga & points beyond,  are simply spectacular. 

Yeah it is nice, but then you have the rain on that side, which is heavy when you riding motorbike, and rainseason seems to never end ????

• Thumbs Up 1

Noen Wong fortress (1834) complete with moat (grassed now), walls and cannon, about 7km from central Chanthaburi city - between the river port of Tha Chalaep and the town of Tha Mai 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Inside the Noen Wong grounds is the National Maritime Museum - but it's closed at present (December 2022) for major renovation, extension and re-roofing.

Edited by gomangosteen

Eastern Thailand comprises the provinces of:

Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Prachin Buri, Rayong, Sa Kaeo, Trat

Winter calm, 15 December 2022 at Chao Lao beach, Chanthaburi

spacer.png

spacer.png 

Eastern Thailand: Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Prachin Buri, Rayong, Sa Kaeo, Trat

Edited by gomangosteen

Probably a year off completion, on the weekend we were able to walk the grounds and allowed access to the incomplete buildings - apart from going up the observation tower. Will be a wonderful conseravtion / environmental asset to Chanthaburi.

Rama IX International Mangrove Botanical Garden is being established on 518 rai in Chanthaburi province at Samet Ngam. It is the world’s first mangrove-based botanical garden that collects mangrove forest plants worldwide and serves as a research and learning centre for mangrove forest conservation and rehabilitation.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Eastern Thailand: Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Prachin Buri, Rayong, Sa Kaeo, Trat

More to follow from previous post - Rama IX International Mangrove Botanical Garden 

spacer.png

In the background, the hills of Namtok Phliu National Park

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by gomangosteen