The Tattoo Thread - Western Names In Thai Script

meadish_sweetball

Hi, I'm new around here and I'd like to know if someone would be so kind to translate this words for me. I'm getting a tattoo and I don't want to end up with the wrong words.

I protect my family and my family protects me

and also

Beyond time.

Beyond space.

Beyond life.

Thanks in advance.

*bumps*

Hi, I'm new around here and I'd like to know if someone would be so kind to translate this words for me. I'm getting a tattoo and I don't want to end up with the wrong words.

ฉันคุ้มครองครอบครัวของฉัน แล้ว ครอบครัวของฉันคุ้มครองฉัน

and also

Beyond time. เลยกาลเวลา

Beyond space. เลยอวกาศ

Beyond life. เลยการชีวิต

Thanks in advance.

*bumps*

You may have been waiting on these translation a while because this sort of abstract single phrasing doesn't translate well. It's nice in English but just getting a direct translation really doesn't give you anything of equal significance in Thai. I've given some translations but I probably wouldn't recommend using them for a tattoo. This, however, may get some others to post better ideas.

and also

Beyond time. เลยกาลเวลา

Beyond space. เลยอวกาศ

Beyond life. เลยการชีวิต

Thanks in advance.

*bumps*

You may have been waiting on these translation a while because this sort of abstract single phrasing doesn't translate well. It's nice in English but just getting a direct translation really doesn't give you anything of equal significance in Thai. I've given some translations but I probably wouldn't recommend using them for a tattoo. This, however, may get some others to post better ideas.

and what would be a similar translation with significance? Thanks.

อ็อนวอด์ฃ (onwards)

For my guess (presume you wanted Onwards transliterated, not translated?)

Many Thanks

transliterated yes! (in a continuing forward direction; ahead)

or rather Onward not onwards

?

and also

Beyond time. เลยกาลเวลา

Beyond space. เลยอวกาศ

Beyond life. เลยการชีวิต

Thanks in advance.

*bumps*

and what would be a similar translation with significance? Thanks.

That would require you to sit down for a long conversation with someone who has insight into Thai language and culture and find some ideas (not those above) which strike you just as strongly but would also have meaning/significance within a Thai cultural context. I obviously would not be able to give you any of those statements of significance from this position. Oh and you're welcome.

Beyond time. - เหนือกาลเวลา

Beyond space. - เหนือห้วงอวกาศ

Beyond life. - เหนือชีวิต

There are the translations which Thai people use a lot.

hey, I am probably going to bkk again in july and after getting a tattoo over there last time, i am thinking of getting my name in thai this time. Can you tell me how to write my name "Steven" in Thai please??

สตีเฟน

P.S. i just stole someone's job hhehehe sorry

Would สตีเว่น be a more accurate transcription of "Steven"

And สตีเฟน/สตีเฟ่น "Stephen" ?

or maybe สทีเวน :o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi i am after a tattoo along the lines of "believe in yourself" i have been through quite a bad period of my life, and want this to remind me to trust in yourself and believe in yourself.

I know there may not be a literal translation, but would be glad if someone could help, and tell me what the translation means

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm thinking about getting a tattoo similar to Angelina Jolie's but written in Thai I want it to say:

If you acquire riches, may they remain your's always.

May those frightened cease to be afraid and may those bound be free.

May you find strength when you feel powerless.

May the children, the aged, and the unproteced be guarded by your shadow.

And when the world falls on your shoulders let it know in one voice, be not afraid I will not let you fall.

It's really long im sorry. If someone could translate for me that would be great! Thank you in advance!

hi

i'm looking to get the words "dream big" tattooed on my wrist when i go back to thailand in january

i was just wondering if someone could provide me with the thai characters for the words dream big

that would be muchly appreciated, thankyou!

Hi I had the same idea, but not my name.. more like a small poem or proverb.

can someone tell me what this says?

(I know what it is supposed to say, but I want to make sure)

น้ำขึ้นให้รีบตัก

hi i am after a tattoo along the lines of "believe in yourself" i have been through quite a bad period of my life, and want this to remind me to trust in yourself and believe in yourself.

I know there may not be a literal translation, but would be glad if someone could help, and tell me what the translation means

Thanks

"believe in yourself" - เชื่อมั่นในตนเอง

Hey everyone, I am looking to get a tattoo on my shin and I am wondering if anyone can translate the phrase "never broken" or "perseverence" or something along those lines.

Thanks

If "never broken" and "perseverence" are used in similar meaning, then,

"never broken" - ไม่เคยท้อถอย

"perseverence" - มุมานะ

hi

i'm looking to get the words "dream big" tattooed on my wrist when i go back to thailand in january

i was just wondering if someone could provide me with the thai characters for the words dream big

that would be muchly appreciated, thankyou!

Thai people have a famous saying which have the similar meaning to "dream big", that is ฝันให้ไกล ไปให้ถึง - dream big and go for it.

Hi I had the same idea, but not my name.. more like a small poem or proverb.

can someone tell me what this says?

(I know what it is supposed to say, but I want to make sure)

น้ำขึ้นให้รีบตัก

It's a Thai proverb which has a similar meaning to an English proverb "Make hay while the sun shines"