International Aviation College Nakhon Phanom University

International Aviation College Nakhon Phanom University is taking off!

Our fleet of Diamond Diesel engine aircraft is arriving Twin engine is "Glass Cockpit". The 26 January, we will make a conference to present our vision of training and also the new technologies in sight... new fuels, next generation of aircraft...

We have also decided to reduced the Entry Level to "University Pre Entry Level" but with a check in Maths, Physics and English (instead of a Bachelor Degree). This will save time for the students (and money for their parents).

You are welcome to visit our facilities (Rajabat Nakhon Phanom- 26 Jan Afternoon)

Our website:

http://www.npu.ac.th/iac/

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone working here already?

I'd love to hear about what its like!

DC

With Thai people we are around 35 of which around 10 expats, number increasing quickly as some Flight Instructors are in the recruitment pipe line, and as we will have to train some Qatar Airways cadets in a very short while.

After Songkran, we will be also recruiting Cadets for Orient Thai/ One Two Go: we will have to train 28 students for them.

Expats are from various nationalities, British, French, NZ, US, India.

We have already 7 aircraft and 4 other will join before July. (Core fleet Diesel DIAMOND DA40 & 42)

Some Flying activity will start next week, we have gotten the final green light after months of struggling in paperwork....

We have also two simulators already operational and a FBS Airbus 320 is under construction and will be delivered this autumn.

More information on our website:

http://www.npu.ac.th/iac/

Edited by Asian Frog

Answering to question:

But if I am well informed Ayla is leaving the JAR system (Too tough and is heading to the FAA licensing system) so some instructors disagree and are leaving Ayla. It seems there is a difference between the share holders on this issue...

Concerning the technical staff, we are recruiting actively some Flight Instructors. If you are an experienced Flight Instructor CFII in the FAA systeem or FI +IRI in the JAR system with 600 h as Instructor within 1500 hours of flight we are interested to recruit immediately. However, we will check your standard. Our mission is to build a reference Flight Training Organisation amidst the best worldwide, of International reputation. We are only recruiting professionals able to satisfy checks by various Civil Aviation Authorities as we train students of various countries, particularly our instructors must be able to train at European Standards (JAR in our language). No laxity in our selection procedure, no friends, you must be at or close to the Standard.

Concerning the Engineers we have a strong team of LAME (Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer) former F16 engineers, retrained on our Diamond aircraft.

Concerning the ground Instructors, we are full and well staffed with a strong and experienced team, able to teach at JAR level, some trainers of trainers....

Next year we may begin to train engineers (JAR 66) and we may need some technical instructors. If you have the experience, the educational training for teaching with modern concepts and are highly IT literate, send your CV. But we will recruit professional with a serious aviation background and a proper training on educational methods.

Regards

not sure about your ayla information, but they do FAA as well, again i am not sure if previous to now they converted from JAR. as he Jordanian authority follows FAA standards, but recently i heard they are going for Jars not sure yet, but the airline did.

as for engineers, i am a licensed FAA A&P as well as JCAA A&P and Hold a PPL. I previously worked on A320,310,L1011,707,727Pa28,C172,C152,C182. also have read the diamond systems. currently working in quality department, for a private jet company, but did not do maintenance for quite a while, any chance ???? :o

not sure about your ayla information, but they do FAA as well, again i am not sure if previous to now they converted from JAR. as he Jordanian authority follows FAA standards, but recently i heard they are going for Jars not sure yet, but the airline did.

as for engineers, i am a licensed FAA A&P as well as JCAA A&P and Hold a PPL. I previously worked on A320,310,L1011,707,727Pa28,C172,C152,C182. also have read the diamond systems. currently working in quality department, for a private jet company, but did not do maintenance for quite a while, any chance ???? :o

Send your CV to our CMO (Chief Maintenance Officer). He is the first level of screening.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

from what I have read,this school has lot of problems (very bad management and lot of crap like high JAA standards,high quality, EU standards)and gives only THAI licenses.

5-6 instructors have already left the school.

they had 15-20 students but won't get more!

if they were so good, why so many complaints and people leaving?

check pprune.org to know more.(IAC NPU)

I won't spend my money there.

Edited by thaistudent2000
  • 3 weeks later...
Yes, we have sacked some farang flight instructors for various reasons. I understand the previous post as part of their reaction ...

No more comments

Fortunately, in Thailand when you 'sack' a government officer, certain detailed processes must be followed. I have heard that these processes were not followed, and as a result some of these ex-employees are commencing a group (civil) legal action against IAC for unfair dismissal. I also head a criminal case is being filed against the Principal of IAC for fraud, as although monies had been deducted from employees for Thai Social Security contributions, most of these monies were not paid to the Thai authorities. I wonder if IAC will have to 'borrow' more money from the nursing college in Nakhon Phanom to cover any costs of this legal action. Apparently, salaries were paid late yet again this month. Must be embarrasing for some people there having had 4 Multi-Engine aircraft on the ground, not earning revenue for the past 6 months (except for 1 course of 20 hours flying a few months ago). Just as well they have a token farang manager there; should help the other (Thai) management to save face when the sh1t hits the fan!

As regards Thaistudent2000's comments, looks like the editor at the Bangkok Post agrees with the comments he made about 'bad management' :bkk post

Also more information on IAC here :pprune

To top it, the current course of Middle Eastern students look set to walk, as many students have been 'shook up' to say the least after being sent solo by their instructors in Thai monsoon weather conditions that were clearly unsuitable for student pilots. More recently I heard that this resulted in infringement of Laos airspace, as the students had entered cloud and became disorientated.

Lets hope they walk before something much more serious occurs......

Edited by FarangFlyer
Reaction....(Continued) .

I hardly think the editor of the Bangkok Post can be categorised as ' reaction ' , unless of course he was sacked by IAC!

Simply stating facts, and providing various sources of reference links should allow everyone to form their own opinions.....

I notice in the article in the Bangkok Post, it states that 'Students practise on Airbus A320 simulators, which are not available anywhere else in Thailand' and allocates 98 Million Baht of the budget having been used for the purchase of this simulator.

I have just spoken to some friends at IAC, and they have told me that there is no A320 simulator in Nakhon Phanom!

Additionally, the spending report allocates 15 million Baht for hangars. Again, no hangars have been built at Nakhon Phanom Airport!

It would appear that a certain amount of misuse of funds may have taken place here.

I wonder how long before any investigation reveals the truth of what has happened to the Thai tax payers money?

Edited by FarangFlyer