International Aviation College Nakhon Phanom University

After reading all these complaints against IAC, I wonder how long they are going to keep this manager?

why don't they kick him out and look for a better manager?Why did they chose this manager? did they checked his credentials before? who to blame now?

Are Thai people stupid? in my point of view they have been brainwashed, or they didn't have the choice(the only way to get a job).

the root is corrupt as well as the entire school(from bottom to top, it's full of s...t).

Many schools have crashed worldwide, and IAC will be the next one if they continue on this road.

by "sacking out" foreign instructors was not a smart move. These instructors have contacts with the airlines.

Qatar get their feedback from these ex-flight instructors as well.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see since my last post it appears that my fan base has grown exponentially and I have been receiving many pm's asking for another round of news on the IAC fiasco.

So to all my loyal fans and many enemies (you know who you are), I will deliver le goods:

It now appears that the highly respected and very experienced Syrian/French JAA Flight Instructor / Examiner that was able to give no much to IAC after three similar qualified Flight Instructors were sacked, has fallen out with his good friend the PRINCIPAL. He now no longer has the services of the PRINCIPAL of IAC to act as his personal taxi driver to and from the Airport. But the bad news does not stop. It now appears that he has been asked to resign and so gave his three months notice. No big deal, you would think as he is respecting his contract. Ahh but that is the rub, it now appears only 6 weeks into his notice period that the PRINCIPAL of IAC is going to continue his streak of gross stupidity and now has sacked this well respected and much loved Flight Instructor in order to save money. Not that this is the first time of course. (From sources close to the main event, the IAC PRINCIPAL sent the Syrian Flight Instructor a memo saying he had been sacked with extreme pleasure & then the IAC PRINCIPAL locked himself in his office so he would not need to talk to that Instructor). Sounds like a soap opera doesn't it!

So it appears that a foreigner in a position of authority working for a Govt department such as a University does not have to respect contracts signed with any foreign staff member or to respect Labor Law. Staff can be sacked without a reason immediately for the slightest misconduct (wearing the wrong colored socks) as secretly reported by the Head of Training / Acting Chief Flying Instructor / Acting Standards Manager & Acting Safety Manager. Additionally, no compensation or salary for the month worked needs to be paid either.

A very sad fact I am sure all would agree. And I will take this opportunity to wish all incoming foreign Flight Instructors to the Isaan Aero Club to enjoy your short stay in Nakhon Phanom. Udon Thani is just down the road but don't tell the IAC PRINCIPAL that you are going or you will be sorry.

JBS

PS: Please no more PM's from my fans. But my enemies can keep on sending. Your comments have been noted and will be fodder for future posts.

Farangflyer,

Opinion(s) is one thing, accusation is another....

Forum(s) have rules up to a certain point, over ....LAW prevails.

Game is over, G.....: you overpass the limit.

Every step you take every move you make I'll be watching you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that somebody else has been watching somebody else................one plus one equals THREE........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farangflyer,

Opinion(s) is one thing, accusation is another....

Forum(s) have rules up to a certain point, over ....LAW prevails.

Game is over, G.....: you overpass the limit.

Every move you make , every step you take I'll be watching you.!!!!!!!!!!!Ummm Me thinks somebody was watching somebodoy else. In this case one plus one equals THREE!!!!

i HOPE thats not too criptic for you!!

As you are so keen to watch other people you seem to forget that others are watching you!!!!People who you do not see, they are there though

I hope that this is understood by you............

I see since my last post it appears that my fan base has grown exponentially and I have been receiving many pm's asking for another round of news on the IAC fiasco.

So to all my loyal fans and many enemies (you know who you are), I will deliver le goods:

It now appears that the highly respected and very experienced Syrian/French JAA Flight Instructor / Examiner that was able to give no much to IAC after three similar qualified Flight Instructors were sacked, has fallen out with his good friend the PRINCIPAL. He now no longer has the services of the PRINCIPAL of IAC to act as his personal taxi driver to and from the Airport. But the bad news does not stop. It now appears that he has been asked to resign and so gave his three months notice. No big deal, you would think as he is respecting his contract. Ahh but that is the rub, it now appears only 6 weeks into his notice period that the PRINCIPAL of IAC is going to continue his streak of gross stupidity and now has sacked this well respected and much loved Flight Instructor in order to save money. Not that this is the first time of course. (From sources close to the main event, the IAC PRINCIPAL sent the Syrian Flight Instructor a memo saying he had been sacked with extreme pleasure & then the IAC PRINCIPAL locked himself in his office so he would not need to talk to that Instructor). Sounds like a soap opera doesn't it!

So it appears that a foreigner in a position of authority working for a Govt department such as a University does not have to respect contracts signed with any foreign staff member or to respect Labor Law. Staff can be sacked without a reason immediately for the slightest misconduct (wearing the wrong colored socks) as secretly reported by the Head of Training / Acting Chief Flying Instructor / Acting Standards Manager & Acting Safety Manager. Additionally, no compensation or salary for the month worked needs to be paid either.

A very sad fact I am sure all would agree. And I will take this opportunity to wish all incoming foreign Flight Instructors to the Isaan Aero Club to enjoy your short stay in Nakhon Phanom. Udon Thani is just down the road but don't tell the IAC PRINCIPAL that you are going or you will be sorry.

JBS

PS: Please no more PM's from my fans. But my enemies can keep on sending. Your comments have been noted and will be fodder for future posts.

It would be interesting to see how many postings this topic would receive if it was t/fd to the general forum which must have a bigger audience. Not a lot of members are interested in Isaan events except for those who are live there.

It would be interesting to see how many postings this topic would receive if it was t/fd to the general forum which must have a bigger audience. Not a lot of members are interested in Isaan events except for those who are live there.

Well NAMKONG789, looks like you have just volunteered to add a link to this discussion on the main forum! Cheers! :D

Screamingdemond, perhaps you should change your username to 'Nixon'! I wonder who should be nominated as Edgar Hoover! lol :o

It really seems a case of 'Big Brother is watching' over there! But is there a Watergate scandal on the horizon too???

Shouldn't someone suggest that less time spying on peoples personal lives, and more time spend on actual management should produce better results?

toptuan you are probably right there in most situations! However, if two managers were to agree with certain conditions and standards in the presence of a customer, one would expect them to honour this agreement, not simply pay lip service to it. Personally speaking, I am a man of my word.

JohnnyBS, interesting posts. If I am down in your neck of the woods, I will be sure to PM you.

NEWS UPDATE: I heard from some contacts in Qatar today that they are sending one of their senior managers to visit IAC to investigate various allegations. There were mutterings about safety concerns, lack of English language skills from certain flight instructors, and even bribery (something to do with mobile phones and mopeds believe it or not!) Are any of the current IAC pilots able to shed any light on this, or is this just malicious rumour?

Also heard that captains were been pulled up my the flt engineer recently and told not to discuss ANYTHING from IAC with outsiders! Is this true? If so, what is he trying to hide?

Edited by FarangFlyer
Farang Flyer, recently I have met two of your previous employers; you are classified as a notorious troublemaker: unfortunately we do not have get this information before hiring you.

I must admit to the fact you are an artist in twisting events.

Sorry for the delay in full response to this post of yours old chap! :o

However, today I had emails from two of my ex-employers, who told me that they had recently spoken to a raving idiot intent on bad mouthing me! I will not post here the other comments that were made by them!!! I will leave it to your vivid imagination!

You should really be more careful who you talk to and what you say mi ami! :D

about bribery, there is in the lot a student who didn't qualify to continue the course and has been send back home when he was in qatar aeronautical college.

this student has been sent back to the flight line because his family know an Emir from Qatar.

The training file of this student is disastrous, after 30 hours, he was not sent solo, poor recommendation from his ex FIs.

When he arrived in IAC, he tried to bribe his new flight instructor who is highly qualified. He refused to sign him off and the student start to bitch against his flight instructor and did a bad report to the Principal.

the flight instructor has been forced to fly by the principal after he got a letter stating he is not at the standard of IAC and he will be sack , the flight instructor told to the school that as long he is not at the standard of the school, he can not legaly fly.

qatar students and all instructors know this story.This bad student has continued to bribe thai instructors by offering his motorbike.

Thaistudent2000

I dont want to p**s on your bonfire, but you really should know better than to complain about corruption, personally i think it is really just sour grapes because you didn't think of it first young man :o .

Then again, allowing this sort of behaviour to even start is just a reflection of the the flying school manager (Head of Training) and his policy towards the instructors he chooses to recommend to the Principal for employment. Of course if this is really happening as you say, then the person to be held accountable is ultimately the Principal. But it appears he is isolating himself from all other farang and is ignoring the problem and hoping it will go away. (There is similiar behaviour in China with the quality scandal going on. This was why the known problems were not reported for so long.) Are you really surprised? Do you think anybody really cares about this particular issue in IAC?

If all the students and flight instructors know about this, is anybody going to stick their neck out and make an official complaint? Will there be an inquiry to find out if this accusation is correct? Of course not. Why? Somebody could be blamed. Hey somebody could lose that motorcycle. There are too many compromised self interest parties in IAC.

Grow up young man!

PS: Thanks again for all the hate PM's, you fodder has been noted. Keep it coming . . . . you horrible bad people out there.

JBS

I have heard that the foreign flight instructor involved in this alledged incident was not the first but he was of superior character and had the smarts to realise that selling out for a very visible motorskooter in exchange for putting his licence and career on the line for a student of questionable character was just not a risk he was prepared to take. However, it now appears that the Head of Training appointed flight instructors will accept these sorts of gifts. It has also been rumoured that these flight instructors will also accept handphones for the task of giving out top grades to cadets.

Now are these the sort of pilots you want driving your plane when you travel to USA or England? I think i will now travel on British Airways. The airline you can trust to get you there!

And to those airlines considering IAC to train their pilots; maybe just a bag of fruit would be a better gift to give the instructors for all their help.

And to the foreign student from the sandpit who offered these gifts. Hey, you were being too gererous. No one respects that!

JBS

As an impartial observer of these postings and the amazing things that appear to happening

behind the scenes.

It seems typical of something that has been established to fulfil an ego

and sourced by public funds.

I wish this Aviation academy all the luck in the world.

It will need it in the absence of good management.

Just a shame it is not operated by Real pilots,not egotistical desk jockeys.

Richard

Comm./Class 1 IFR/M/E Aus. (pvt. 1985)