International Aviation College Nakhon Phanom University

Asian Frog

Hey Thaistudent

Yes i have been paid for august & sept. And in real dollars too. Obviously you are fishing or think i have some connection the mess in the NE Thailand. In situations like this i am thankful i am not a professional pilot. If you are a student there as the Principal thinks you are, i truly pity you. Looks like you backed the wrong school and believed the PR from a foreigner. Truly Sad :o

justcruisin: Luck isn't going to cut it. They are staying open due to political reasons. I know they must have more staff arriving, but for every foreign FI the HoT brings in more locals that cant speak english.

News: the Dean of the Aviation Department has just quit. No 3 months notice. Just walked out, sighting personal reasons. Yeah Right! Is this a common practice for senior thai management to do?

JBS! :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Thaistudent

Yes i have been paid for august & sept. And in real dollars too. Obviously you are fishing or think i have some connection the mess in the NE Thailand. In situations like this i am thankful i am not a professional pilot. If you are a student there as the Principal thinks you are, i truly pity you. Looks like you backed the wrong school and believed the PR from a foreigner. Truly Sad :o

justcruisin: Luck isn't going to cut it. They are staying open due to political reasons. I know they must have more staff arriving, but for every foreign FI the HoT brings in more locals that cant speak english.

News: the Dean of the Aviation Department has just quit. No 3 months notice. Just walked out, sighting personal reasons. Yeah Right! Is this a common practice for senior thai management to do?

JBS! :D

my question was not for you JohnyBS, but for all IAC staff.

This is now over 1 year we are in this school, and we don't see the end.

We want finish our training, standards of our school are far below minimum.

Do you know exactly why the Dean left?

Asian Frog;

Hahahahahaha

You swallowed the bait! You think i am one of the sacked teachers. :D

But based on this self-delusion of the facts to make them fit the theory, we can now expect you to publically trash this teacher.

It would be better, if you just hopped back under your rock. But you wont will you. You want the last word dont you. :D

So Mr PRINCIPAL - International Aviation College, go for it. Lets now hear the real story about all these sacked Teachers. This is your opportunity to set the record straight. To crucify these former employees of a govt school with your bias. I would be interested to know about what these guys did too. (your version) Am sure we all would. The ball is in your court . . . . . . . . .

Hey is this thread fun or what? :o Would anybody else like to trash these former Teachers.

Thaistudent;

No i dont know why the Dean quit. Maybe he didnt want his name to be associated with IAC anymore. But expect to see another bump in the hall carpet.

JBS :D

PS: AF: Love your last PM. Did the Head of Training really say that. Wow!

We still live in a shit hole and eat rice everyday...

our best foreign instructors have been sacked and we fly with thai instructors who can barely speak English and are not instructor but kind of ex military pilot with no instructor experience.

Training is slow, and we don't see the end.

IAC is a nightmare, and we all think we did a mistake to join this crappy university.

This school has now a so bad reputation, that thai Airways will laugh at us...

IAC has screwed our life.

We stay here, becasue our money (over 80000US$) has been (badly)invested.

If we were enrolled in another school, we would be flying for an airline now.

• 2 weeks later...
The controversy is set by a bunch of young guys more interested by Udon Thani Night Clubs and Karaoke than by training their students and they are very good flyers on the white board, but it is another thing in real conditions in the rainy season!

has Mr Principal something to hide in Udon Thani?.

we have eared that all "sacked" flight instructors have found jobs in very good flight schools with much better standards than IAC.

The controversy is set by a bunch of young guys more interested by Udon Thani Night Clubs and Karaoke than by training their students and they are very good flyers on the white board, but it is another thing in real conditions in the rainy season!

has Mr Principal something to hide in Udon Thani?.

we have eared that all "sacked" flight instructors have found jobs in very good flight schools with much better standards than IAC.

I didnt see any reference to Udon Thani in IAC's new advert appearing on You Tube......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZWtqe3mA6M

Maybe it would have made the clip too lively!

(Is this your work Jonny BS? or perhaps another?....Anyway, rather amusing!)

• 3 weeks later...

All seems to be quiet there recently.

Is that due to the court summons that they have just been issued with?

Or perhaps due to rumours that no money to pay November salary to staff due to current political crisis in Thailand?

I have been told that only 3 aircraft are flying at the moment, the rest have all been grounded. Anyone know why?

Also that a new aircraft (Extra) has just been bought! Wonder where the money came from to buy that. But more importantly is it going to be used? Or will it join the other 10 aircraft at the Nakhon Phanom Static aircraft display!???

CUT AND THRUST ..

very interesting reading .

it certainly , gives the few farangs ,

in sleepy nakhon , something different to chat about .

{ i have heard all the moans , about wifes , and girl friends , sure} :D

farang flyer ,

where can i buy decent bread in nakhon , ??

and please , not tesco. :o

• 1 month later...
CUT AND THRUST ..

farang flyer ,

IAC is now down. Airplanes and sims will be bought by another company, and thai instructors relocated to another functions.Unpaid foreign instructors can simply make their bag and leave.

Sadly and regrettably it's the end of a "megalodream" created by a french desillusionist megalomanager who in fact have hurt the economy of Thailand.

How much this mess has costed at the end , answer:probably several millions of $,considering that Thai people have to survive with 100-200 bahts a day; this is simply scandalous and in my point of my thai view , managment should be sued by the government itself for mismanagement.(Who do you think they will go after?)

After this mega FLOP, we can ask ourselves if the ministry will allows other flight schools in the country.

IAC has simply hurt everyone.In the past and in the future, there won't be another flight schools for probably several years.

Edited by thaistudent2000

CUT AND THRUST ..

farang flyer ,

IAC is now down. Airplanes and sims will be bought by another company, and thai instructors relocated to another functions.Unpaid foreign instructors can simply make their bag and leave.

Sadly and regrettably it's the end of a "megalodream" created by a french desillusionist megalomanager who in fact have hurt the economy of Thailand.

How much this mess has costed at the end , answer:probably several millions of $,considering that Thai people have to survive with 100-200 bahts a day; this is simply scandalous and in my point of my thai view , managment should be sued by the government itself for mismanagement.(Who do you think they will go after?)

After this mega FLOP, we can ask ourselves if the ministry will allows other flight schools in the country.

IAC has simply hurt everyone.In the past and in the future, there won't be another flight schools for probably several years.

Thank you for this update. I look forward to seeing this news of "closure" confirmed in the press shortly. Is there a date for closure or has it already happened, in which case the press have been caught napping, as there's obviously several stories surrounding this debacle.

When this college was first announced and Asian Frog appeared on the scene all bright-eyed and bushy tailed (an interesting image to conjure with for a frog admittedly :D ), I pointed out that IAC was the pipe dream of Chavalit and other powerful NE Thai forces within Thaksin's TRT party, and Asian Frog got all steamed up denying that this couldn't possibly be the case and it was all above board and kosher with no political influence whatsoever.

At the time, I let it go and thought let's see if this ambitious project can get off the ground and be made to work, with political will and good management behind it. But then as Asian Frog started posting more paranoid and delusional posts on this board, and other posters confirmed that things were going seriously awry, I knew that this project was doomed for sure and it was only a matter of time before it went belly up.

The chances of anyone being held responsible for this massive waste of money and resources is about as about as high as the odds of it snowing in Nakhon Phanom this year, but at least the present govt have had the sense to see it as an old nag of a project and pulled the plug. Better late than never. The fall from grace of Chavalit since Oct 7th (and other ex-Thaksinophiles in the area) may also have been a contributing factor to closing it.

But all this is speculation, until an official news release confirms its demise. Any newshounds in the general area of Nakhon Phanom want an interesting scoop? :D

Edited by plachon

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody is really interested by IAC except Qatar airline.

What some people don't know: Qatar rents the planes from IAC for a ridiculous price.

For each hour flown, the thai government is making a gift to Qatar.

From my source, the plane costs 150$/hour with a flight instructor at IAC. Other schools charge 200-300$/hour.

IAC has over 50 employees which cost over 100'000$/months.

At this rate, IAC can not and won't never make any money.

The sad thing is that Qatar students are not really learning to fly here, they do time building only(they need 150 hours before to come back to Qatar). It means the sit in the plane, and the flight instructor flies the planes.

Students are(during cruise) authorized to follow the movement of the flight controls.This give them a sens of flying, but IAC doesn't train airline pilots nor privat pilot.

They don't give ground school or flight briefings.

It has been known, as thai instructors don't know to read/ write/ speak english, they ask simply their "students" to grade themselves in their progress book.

I want to ad that Qatar students are not sent by Qatar airlines, but by the Qatar Academy.Qatar Academy has too many students so they send some of their guys to thailand to make time building.

If the school is still there, it's simply because the Thai governement is too ashamed to recognise their fiasco , and have decided to pursue in their mistake by continuing to throw money from the windows.

Their plan is to receive an airbus 320 simulator, then a Boeing 737 , and a MD80 as well for the cost of 45 millions US$.

This is really bad planed considering the actual crisis, but as long the governement want make fun of their Thai citizen, and instead give the money to a crazy french manager to persist in his dream, eh?why not?as long there is money, there is hope! :o

Thai people don't need to be educated anyway...they prefer to have nice little planes flying over their head so some frenchies can play behind their office as "aviation manager". :D

Nobody is really interested by IAC except Qatar airline.

What some people don't know: Qatar rents the planes from IAC for a ridiculous price.

For each hour flown, the thai government is making a gift to Qatar.

From my source, the plane costs 150$/hour with a flight instructor at IAC. Other schools charge 200-300$/hour.

IAC has over 50 employees which cost over 100'000$/months.

At this rate, IAC can not and won't never make any money.

The sad thing is that Qatar students are not really learning to fly here, they do time building only(they need 150 hours before to come back to Qatar). It means the sit in the plane, and the flight instructor flies the planes.

Students are(during cruise) authorized to follow the movement of the flight controls.This give them a sens of flying, but IAC doesn't train airline pilots nor privat pilot.

They don't give ground school or flight briefings.

It has been known, as thai instructors don't know to read/ write/ speak english, they ask simply their "students" to grade themselves in their progress book.

I want to ad that Qatar students are not sent by Qatar airlines, but by the Qatar Academy.Qatar Academy has too many students so they send some of their guys to thailand to make time building.

If the school is still there, it's simply because the Thai governement is too ashamed to recognise their fiasco , and have decided to pursue in their mistake by continuing to throw money from the windows.

Their plan is to receive an airbus 320 simulator, then a Boeing 737 , and a MD80 as well for the cost of 45 millions US$.

This is really bad planed considering the actual crisis, but as long the governement want make fun of their Thai citizen, and instead give the money to a crazy french manager to persist in his dream, eh?why not?as long there is money, there is hope! :o

Thai people don't need to be educated anyway...they prefer to have nice little planes flying over their head so some frenchies can play behind their office as "aviation manager". :D

Interesting few posts THAISTUDENT2000

I myself would not be surprised if the end is near at Nakhon Phanom. However I doubt that the end will occur while the Qatari students remain there.

As regards the costing per hour, you quote $150 per hour with Instructor. The actual figure is much lower than that. The information that I had at the time was that Thai senior management set the target of 150 Euro per hour, however, the Megalo-managers negotiating skills were sadly lacking on the day, and the figure agreed was almost 40% lower than this (allegedly!)!

You state 'If the school is still there, it's simply because the Thai governement is too ashamed to recognise their fiasco , and have decided to pursue in their mistake by continuing to throw money from the windows.'

I doubt that this is the case at the moment. The new government in Thailand would appear to be taking great interest in costly projects created in the Taksin era. The Thai VIP card (1m Baht) which was recently scrapped by the government is an example of this. I expect the new goverment is going through the 'books' for these government funded projects with a fine toothcomb, as we type!

As regards the A320 simulator on-site. The IAC website claim that the A320 is used for 'Multi Crew Co-operation Training (MCC)' However, MCC is a uniquely European (JAA) course. Therefore this course can only be given by a flight training organisation approved by a JAA member state (which IAC is not), and the certificate can only be ussued on a JAA existing licence holder. Also, after examination of the Thai DCA regulations for licencing, it would appear that they do not recognise an MCC course! And since none of the current trainees at IAC neither hold or are in training for a JAA licence, seems like the A320 simulator was a huge waste of money! How much did it cost again Asian Frog???? Oh, and neither has it been approved for type rating training, so it can not be used for training new airbus pilots for airlines! I note that it is being run by 'experienced ex-airline training captain' Whom may this be?

Additionally I am told that the Extra 300 has been grounded since arriving in Nakhon Phanom almost 6 months ago! Again, another piece of expensive equipment that is not being utilised. The Extra 300 was made famous by aerobatic competition events, and the red bull air race! It is a huge overstep being used within an ab-initio training environment. And yet again, I find within the Thai DCA regualtions that aerobatic training is not a requirement for airline pilot training, nor for a Thai Commercial Pilots Licence to be issued! Seems to me to be yet another waste of money!

Anyway, I think I have given my fair share of information, and now I am looking for some information in return......! A local lawyer in Nakhon Phanom informed me today that there are 8 outstanding legal cases against IAC! I know 2 of the claimants, but that leaves 6! Aparently its a mix of Thai and Farang claimants! The suspense is killing me.....I am sure I must know some of those involved.....can anyone shed some light.......??????

Edited by FarangFlyer

One more point....

Local Carriers have inspected our set up and are generally very pleased, but it takes time to decide and also the current situation is not favourable. Each team has to report to its management, function of the expansion plan to decide about the recruitment and training. They have also current contracts to respect before switching to an other training institution: so it takes time....

And also, some opponents / competitors are actively lobbying against us in the Airlines boards; Farangflyer are you one of them? No, because they are not polemical, they use softer methods.

After reading your posts, taking into account some details, you can only be one of the sacked Farang Instructors....

Seems like thaistudent was being a bit premature in calling IAC's demise. Which is why I was a bit cautious in believing your report, as illuminating as it was in other respects.

So IAC will struggle on as a lame duck flying school until the Qatar contract finishes (any date?), as I understand it, after which it could be a flying school with no students at all by the looks of things. Or maybe there is a Plan B by the authorities to save it and face? Or is that irreperably damaged? :o

One more point....

Local Carriers have inspected our set up and are generally very pleased, but it takes time to decide and also the current situation is not favourable. Each team has to report to its management, function of the expansion plan to decide about the recruitment and training. They have also current contracts to respect before switching to an other training institution: so it takes time....

And also, some opponents / competitors are actively lobbying against us in the Airlines boards; Farangflyer are you one of them? No, because they are not polemical, they use softer methods.

After reading your posts, taking into account some details, you can only be one of the sacked Farang Instructors....

QUOTE from link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Nakhon-Phano...ati-t98987.html

'Information about IAC (International Aviation College Nakhon Phanom University)

IAC is in the Budget 2007 and we expect to start the pilot training by the Ground phase around May for the first batch. Selection of students should take place in March/ April.

All the teaching will be done in English, IAC is going to be at the highest Pilot Training Standards (JAR-European Standards)

For the New Academic year (june 2007), a preparatory school system is under preparation: 2 years of studies after High School, with around 1/3 of time spent studying english (Basic and technical). This program will give the possibility to join the IAC for Pilot training or Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Training or some Bachelor degrees in Aviation or Aviation related science. This system will be run by NPU.

In parallel a "school hotel" is launched that IAC is going to use (partly) for its International cadets. In a next phase we will launch a training dedicated for preparation of Cabin Crew (Air hostesses).

To all Issan people, we are working on this project from more than one year and half, it is now entering in his realisation phase. The aim is to revitalisize the ISSAN region by offering some career prospects and a support for modern industries. The Commission on Higher Education, some politicians like General Chavalit are pushing this ambitious project which is not leaded by any personal interest but only by the good will of doing a positive action for ISSAN and its people.

If you are directly interested, we will be ready to collect candidacies and give more information by the end of January. We are very busy all January, so do not contact us before end of this January month.

The information will be forwarded by Newspapers in due time.

Happy New year to all of you

Asian Frog

This post has been edited by Asian Frog: 2006-12-30 09:17:40'

The above was posted over 2 years ago!

Has the Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Training commenced yet?

Has the Bachelor degrees in Aviation or Aviation related science training commenced yet?

Has the training dedicated for preparation of Cabin Crew (Air hostesses) commenced yet?

Has the Isaan region been revitalised yet by IAC?

Get real 'yourshoutmate'......how much time do they need? :o

• 2 weeks later...

an interesting question would be :"how much money IAC will lose in 2009???", and "how many children will finish in the streets due to this bunch of idiots of IAC manager?(give money for real education than paying Qatar students who eat and flies for cheap(120$ an hour when normal price is around 300$!!!)".

IAC is in my point of view, a bunch of criminals who should be jailed.

Buying an A320 simulator had no sense for a non existing course(MCC)...?what is the next surprise?

how long tax payers are going to continue to spend money in this little (french) game?

• 1 month later...
an interesting question would be :"how much money IAC will lose in 2009???", and "how many children will finish in the streets due to this bunch of idiots of IAC manager?(give money for real education than paying Qatar students who eat and flies for cheap(120$ an hour when normal price is around 300$!!!)".

IAC is in my point of view, a bunch of criminals who should be jailed.

Buying an A320 simulator had no sense for a non existing course(MCC)...?what is the next surprise?

how long tax payers are going to continue to spend money in this little (french) game?

I heard that the (French) game is now over!

The powers that be are finally onto the Megalomaniac, and his end is near.

The numerous references that AF made to 'sacked flight instructors' has come back to haunt him after their sucessful legal persual for unfair dismissal within Thai courts.

I heard that AF may be finding himself in court in the very near future to justify a variety of questionalble decisions made by him during the course of his role within IAC.

I just hope that it is not to late for IAC to undo the damage done by this man, and wish IAC every sucess for the future.

the french dictator is gone....let's celebrate!

I would like to hear the comment of asian frog on this.

congratulation to IAC to have kicked this "weakest link" out of the university.

I wish them good luck, and happy flying! :o

(I hope now they will accept more students, and not only cadets).

• 2 months later...

Hallo all my cherubs

It has been a long time, but now am back. Am sure many people have been wondering what has happened since the lasts posts especially to the stars of the show.

The Principal of International Aviation College: (Le Frog). It appears that Thai management of the University did not back up their good friend when he started making them look bad. He has since left International Aviation College very suddenly and under a bit of a cloud. Somehow I doubt if he will be taking legal proceedings against the University. All this happened when the three unfairly dismissed flight instructors won their case in the court.

Head of Training:(a Local). This guy (and i would like to personally and publically thank you for passing all that valuable information to me. But why you would want to make you boss (le frog) look bad, i dont know) has since been demoted from Head of Training to a Senior Flight Instructor. Wow, what a tumble this guy took. You have all our heart felt condolences to your loss of what i am sure was a very beautiful office. Guess you are not as good at politics as you thought you were!

The Unfairly dismissed Instructors: Have since found employment at reputable schools outside Thailand after successfully winning their case against the University. It appears to be just in time as International Aviation College seems to to taking a nose dive.

And now for the bad news:

It has come to light that some of the non english speaking local instructors recently promoted to a managment position have been accepting gifts from some of the foreign students to obtain desirable marks on various tests. It appears, they thought their customer (only customer) would not find out in subsequent checking of said students. All this sounds like someone was getting too greedy and the bag of fruit just didnt cut it, nor did the handphone, or even the motobike.

Other news: (from PM's from interested parties)

The remaining farang flight instructors are now being blamed publically by a Senior Flight Instructor for the failure of the University to attract new students. Additionally they are also being punished for this by being relegated to the Simulator building and so are no longer on the flight line to observe the goings on of local instructors. . . . . . .

We of the international community are all very sad to hear what has become of this promising star in the aviation training business in Thailand. And yes, i do hope that the bad apples (you know who you are) are removed and that the school can live up to its full potential. Unfortunately alot of Thai taxpayer money has been spent unwisely in the process. I for one wish the University all success in the future endevours.

Moral: for every gullibility space there is a gullibility fill. So dont employ French ex-flight engineers from Air F****e in a position of management. You will be sorry!

JBS

• 5 months later...

resurrection of Asianfrog?. :D

give a look:

http://flylah.com/flying-academies/topic116.html#p1019

About TBM FA

Paperwork is still on-going but as it should be finished shortly, I am authorised to unveil some specific features about TBM FA, (unofficially), before our official marketing campaign starts: FlyLah… you have the very first information (before the Press).

As we are wearing the prestigious name of our chairman, Y.T.M. Tengku Baderul Zaman ibni al-Marhum Sultan Mahmud, we can only be ….excellent.

We are different from other schools in many aspects;

• From day one, we are going to train Fixed Wings and Helicopter cadet pilots

• We are going to be fully "JAR", because DCA has requested it, but mainly, because it is also our approach toward the excellence in Training.

 Fully JAR means "Ground but also Flight Training compliant with JAR".

• Our Flying syllabus is going to be richer than the DCA minimum requirements, because we respect the JAR standards but also because we are preparing the students to be a professional Airline Pilot or Offshore Helicopter Pilot-, - we are not preparing only to a License examination- . More, as the worldwide most advanced schools, we are introducing a training on "Unusual attitudes Recovery", with the support of an Aerobatic Aircraft: we are choosing the safest aerobatic aircraft, the Extra 300L.

• As option, we are offering 35 hours MCC / ELT training on a FNPT II MCC AIRBUS A320. It is an option as some Airlines would prefer to do by themselves during the initial Type Rating. But the Self Sponsored students targeting to join some Airlines with A320 as entry Airliner will have a definitive plus in their training.

• Our prices will remain in the same range than our competitors for a very different quality of training.

• Our team, Ground and Flying, is exceptional in Malaysia: a team of very experienced professionals, flyers coming from renowned JAR schools. The "Groundies" are currently training on the JAR syllabus, and this, since several years. Legendary instructors are coming back in Malaysia: yes, few years ago, they have already trained hundredth(s) of MAS and Air Asia Cadets (today their former students are Commanders or close to be….). Yes, we are back, with a JAR experience and we are bringing JAR Top Flyers in our luggage. A consistent team: Ground and Flight…..

• For Helicopter Students: after the CPL/IR (H) the Helicopter training is heading to the "Offshore Rating". We will be the only school to propose such training in this part of the world. We are not going to use the possibility to train on fixed wings before helicopter. From day one, in the Flying school, you will fly helicopter. Our fleet will comprise proven, efficient and safe trainers like the Enstrom 280 Fx, Enstrom 480B. The helicopter flying team comprises very experienced Malaysian helicopter Flight instructors.

• We have already gotten the guarantee that some cadets will be sponsored. Too early, to unveil the sponsor as the conditions are not yet inked (this applies to fixed wings and helicopter)…

• We are purchasing a fleet of professional trainers (aircraft 4 seats as per international Standards, at European IFR standard, engines running with fully approved Civil Aviation fuels, with the possibility to be considered as Public transport- requirement of some Civil Aviation Authorities-). We exclude the light airplanes two seaters, with C of G and MOGAS issues, …. At the beginning, our fleet is going to be limited (6 DA40, 2 DA42 NG, 1 Extra 300L, 2 Enstrom 280FX, 2 ENSTROM 480B or BELL 206), (On the simulator side, 4 Simulators: FNPT I-DA40, FNPT II-DA42, FNPTII- ENSTROM 480 or BELL206, FNPT II MCC- A320).

 Consequently for 2009/2010, we are limiting the number of cadets to 12 fixed wings and 4 Helicopter per batch, with one intake every two months.

• The duration of the syllabus should be 70 working weeks (around 74 Calendar weeks) without MCC/ELT training. (To add 6 weeks for the MCC/ELT)

• Taking into account our experienced team, with a CFI already used to manage yearly 250 cadets in a JAR Flying school (and delivering them "ON TIME" to a worldwide first class Airlines): lagging is not on our agenda.

• The training of LAME (licensed Aircraft maintenance Engineer) JAR 66 will be developed in 2010.

• On the maintenance side,…we are supported by "MyCopter Aviation Services" with whom we have special relations as we share… some shareholders….

We expect to launch the campaign of recruitment in July for a selection in August, with hopefully a first intake in the last quarter of 2009.

I cannot answer to individual questions as our team is still very limited and we are very –very-busy by a huge amount of paperwork. However if interested to join us in the last quarter of 2009, you can already send an E-Mail to : [email protected]

Again, we are not yet ready to answer personal questions but we will re- contact you when we will be launching the recruitment/selection of cadets.

Yours Sincerely

Terengganu01

:D blablabla !!!!!!!!!!! :)

asianfrog, we are sick of your megalomania !!! What's wrong with you?