British Pub In Korat?

nidge

Hello peoples,

Mum and dad are here on holiday and they need their farang food fix. We are going to Korat tomorrow and i remember there being a British pub somewhere. Anyone know of it and can give vague directions?

Thanks in advance,

Nidge.

There is also the George & Dragon. Opens at noon and has Guinness beer on tap. :o

Thanks Ken, it was the george and Dragon i was looking for, i just could not remember the name until you wrote it.

There is also the George & Dragon. Opens at noon and has Guinness beer on tap. :o

Where is the bar Ken?

The George & Dragon is on Suranaree Road, very near the old Bus Station (terminal 1). Sort of hard to give directions, but if you came out of the bus station and headed to Suanaree Road, you would turn right onto Suranaree and then just up the street the bar is on the left.

Lampy: The Irish Pub you refer to is not part of the Sima Thani Hotel, but it is located in the building next door to the Sima Thani. The bar is still owned by Mai (widow of Fergus) and is being rented out to a third party. :D

I went for lunch in the George and Dragon yesterday. It was a nightmare finding the place due to the quality of directions given by local thai's. The bar was quite depressing but had a very nice pool table and the food was very english. Mum and dad enjoyed it. In the evening we went to the Irish bar. It looks really nice and i think it could have a lot of potential. There was a pool table at the front of the bar and a few farangs inside. As hte night went on it got busier and everyone seemed quite chatty. Unfortunately the menu was poor and the quality of the food was not that great either, mum dad and wifey had steak with a tiny salad and i had what i expected to be a hot beef and cheese sandwich. It was more like a club sandwich with a burger inside and was more expensive than the steak!

I think we will try chez andy tonight, i saw the menu on his website and there seems to be a reasonable choice.

On a side note, we are staying in a new hotel called V-One. It's 1500 baht per night and is one of the nicest hotels i have found anywhere in thailand.

Nidge.

I went for lunch in the George and Dragon yesterday. It was a nightmare finding the place due to the quality of directions given by local thai's. The bar was quite depressing but had a very nice pool table and the food was very english. Mum and dad enjoyed it. In the evening we went to the Irish bar. It looks really nice and i think it could have a lot of potential. There was a pool table at the front of the bar and a few farangs inside. As hte night went on it got busier and everyone seemed quite chatty. Unfortunately the menu was poor and the quality of the food was not that great either, mum dad and wifey had steak with a tiny salad and i had what i expected to be a hot beef and cheese sandwich. It was more like a club sandwich with a burger inside and was more expensive than the steak!

I think we will try chez andy tonight, i saw the menu on his website and there seems to be a reasonable choice.

On a side note, we are staying in a new hotel called V-One. It's 1500 baht per night and is one of the nicest hotels i have found anywhere in thailand.

Nidge.

Nidge,

Since you started this I have been trying to remember the name of the place we went into by chance (the first decent looking place we saw) while overnighting in Korat about 18 months ago.

That was it, Chez Andy, belongs to a Swiss chap. It may have changed, but the food was excellent.

I'm on my first trip to Korat and have been in the George and Dragon the past few nights. Some nice people in there, had a birthday party last night for one of the guys wife,was great fun.Has had new owners the past month, was apparently not good before but new people are making good progress.May not be everyones cup of tea but I like it.