Robbed In Khanom!

Tatler

Yesterday travelled to Khanom with my friend from Scotland and are staying at the Nai Plao bay resort. We last night between 11.30pm and 6am someone broke into room while he and his wife were sleeping. There was no forced entry and they didnt hear a thing, police think they had a copy key for the door. They also said that this is the third case in 10 days! Just wanted to info you if your heading to the area. Any similar stories?

I'm taking my students there on a school trip today, not nai plao but golden beach, guess we should be ok, Thais cant steel from Thais so good luck tatler, hope that he was insured....

If someone broke into my place I would freak out, would not spend a night in the same place, would not be able to sleep....

I'm taking my students there on a school trip today, not nai plao but golden beach, guess we should be ok, Thais cant steel from Thais so good luck tatler, hope that he was insured....

If someone broke into my place I would freak out, would not spend a night in the same place, would not be able to sleep....

I checked the Golden Beach resort BUT they were wanting 2,200 a night :o:D Also i would avoid Nai Plao Bay resort !! thats where stayed and for 700 baht the rooms are <deleted>*king terrible. Near the Golden beach is a new place called ' TALKOO RESORT ' brand new bungalows on the beach for 800 baht... another lesson learnt i guess!!

Food at Khula Bhula was great again, can't say enough about that place, well worth eating their everyday.

.... it is morally unacceptable for a Thai to steal from a Thai.

(Only when you have white faces around)

Do you mean, it is morally acceptable for Thai people to steal from Farangs?

Hmmm... i guess IT is morally UNacceptable to STEAL perse... from anynone---> Thai or Farang!

How many things are stolen from Thais when the white people are around?

What happens to the thieves that get caught stealing from Thais? or Farangs?

If you steal from a thai you will go to jail for a long time.

If you steal from a foreigner you will go to jail for short time.

Thais do not steal from Thais.

End of story! :-)

Mike, fancy a new vigo?

Mike, fancy a new vigo?

Thais abso-fuc_king-lutely do steal form each other. I've heard stories of Thai-onThai muggings, house robberies, cars being stolen, pickpocketing.... gee, the list could go on and on.... is it REALLY so cut and dried, snowflake???

Do they really steal from eachother too? :o

The travesty that they put themselves through for just a few silly coins...

A person cannot put themselves trough a travesty - an event or thing can be a travesty but a person cannot. :D

I know but how stupid can I be for the travesty that the people that think thais can not steal from themselves??? Do you really believe I think that??? HAHA that is a travesty (Just liked that word today so I had to use it...) sorry about the grammar part there...

:oTravesty

Edited by snowflake

I know but how stupid can I be for the travesty that the people that think thais can not steal from themselves??? Do you really believe I think that??? HAHA that is a travesty (Just liked that word today so I had to use it...) sorry about the grammar part there...

:oTravesty

Well I was wondering if you were serious or not but no problem. just taking the urine - actually, it's one of my favorite words, travesty that is, not urine!

Yesterday travelled to Khanom with my friend from Scotland and are staying at the Nai Plao bay resort. We last night between 11.30pm and 6am someone broke into room while he and his wife were sleeping. There was no forced entry and they didnt hear a thing, police think they had a copy key for the door. They also said that this is the third case in 10 days! Just wanted to info you if your heading to the area. Any similar stories?

Hey Tatler, Doesn't matter what country you're in we are responsible for own security, so many of us feel because it hasn't happened to them or they feel secure in a nice location that they are safe in their little cocoon. outside of the cocoon is the real world of haves and have nots. I would suggest to anyone traveling to always take a smalll piece of wood i.e. door stop and jam it in the bottom of the door while you sleep, in the past I've traveled with a mini alarm you can find a variety online for cheap, always gives me a sense of security. Also traveling with an extending baton in case of a confrontation in your hotel room gives you the edge, sounds paranoid, but there are some screwed up people in this world that think it is ok to prey on others so always expect the unexpected. Just some suggestions for the future

I have a stun gun that works wonders.. It's usually in my car but I give it to my GF now when she is all alone or driving...

I had to test it so I paid a Thai guy to stand still and stun him.. Was very fun and believe me, he went down faster than a bar girl in Phuket that has been given 10.000B :o ...

Edited by snowflake

I checked the Golden Beach resort BUT they were wanting 2,200 a night :o:D Also i would avoid Nai Plao Bay resort !! thats where stayed and for 700 baht the rooms are <deleted>*king terrible. Near the Golden beach is a new place called ' TALKOO RESORT ' brand new bungalows on the beach for 800 baht... another lesson learnt i guess!!

Food at Khula Bhula was great again, can't say enough about that place, well worth eating their everyday.

I stayed with my (Thai) wife at the Golden Beach a couple of weeks ago for just one night as the ferry to Samui was full.

They asked for 2200 baht and I laughed and walked to the door. They then told my wife we could have a different (budget) room including 2 American B/fast for 1100 baht.

Breakfast was OK but the evening meal not so good.

Lovely room a/c, TV, fridge etc. overlooking the front of the hotel and the sea to the left.

• 1 month later...

Mike, fancy a new vigo?

Thais abso-fuc_king-lutely do steal form each other. I've heard stories of Thai-onThai muggings, house robberies, cars being stolen, pickpocketing.... gee, the list could go on and on.... is it REALLY so cut and dried, snowflake???

I know a zillion stories....Thais do steal from Thais....They are complete fair, every race will handled equal.