3 Estonian men involved in violence on Pattaya Walking Street

Pattaya_Fox

Estonian man dies following attack on Walking Street

PATTAYA: -- A disturbing incident occurred on Walking Street in the early hours of Sunday Morning which was initially dealt with by the Tourist Police based on the street. Three men from Estonia made a complaint at the Tourist Police Mobile Unit regarding a confrontation with three Thai Men in Soi 15. It is thought the men were being ushered into a Show Bar but decided at the last minute that they did not want to go.

The Thai men became angry and a fight ensued. The men were told to make their way to Pattaya Police Station to make a report, however they decided to take matters into their own hands and went back to confront the Thai men. It is thought that more than 15 men set-upon the three Estonian Men.

One managed to run away, a second was hit over the head with a steal pole and a third man was stabbed in the leg with a broken bottle. A major artery in his leg was severed and he was rushed to Hospital. Later on Sunday he died from the injury according to medical staff at the Pattaya Memorial Hospital.

The incident, which is now a murder investigation, occurred only meters away from the Tourist Police Unit and is now being investigated by Pattaya Police and the Tourist Police as the hunt for the attackers continues. We understand that as of Monday Afternoon, no arrests had been made in connection with the attack.

post-15964-1200930143_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1200930158_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1200930170_thumb.jpg

Pattaya city News

monday 21st January 2008

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Estonian man dies following attack on Walking Street

A disturbing incident occurred on Walking Street...

Well, here is another prime example of the thai way, there is safety in numbers is their motto for sure,.however the 3 guys Reshouldnt have gone back, .this is how it ends, its not fair and they are not fair,.( thais )sad,

Edited by Maestro
Reduced quoted text. No need to quote the entire, lengthy post - Maestro

The incident, which is now a murder investigation, occurred only meters away from the Tourist Police Unit.

So the guys didn't want to go in the bar, the Thais got hostile, the guys make a complaint and are told to take it to the police station.

Basically a big FO.

The guys get angry and return to sort it out themselves as they see that the authorities aren't interested.

They are outnumbered 5 to 1, viciously beaten and one murdered within metres of the Tourist police point and no one is held responsible.

What a f@cking sick country Thailand has turned into.

You can try and rationalise it or compare it with other countries problems, but this is an all time low.

Edited by Robski

This is also not the first time in recent history these gang beatings have occured on soi 15. I'll go

along with the Thais defending their pride to a point. But lately it happens too often and with much

more severity than is necessary. If you've ever witnessed one of these events it is utter hysteria.

Everyone comes running down the street to get their cheap shots in. So now we have a murder.

Will they just pretend like it didn't happen and everybody feign ignorance. Probably so. :o

You can try and rationalise it or compare it with other countries problems, but this is an all time low.

I agree - Walking Street is a sleazy place.

You know for the first time in 8 years i went out last night into walking st and was bored, it dosent have the fun factor it used to have and you know the smiles and women are only interested in your money and when things turn ugly this sort of thing is all too common place, yes it is sleazy ,ill leave it for the tourists i think,i wish they would listen to some advice though :o

This is also not the first time in recent history these gang beatings have occured on soi 15. I'll go

along with the Thais defending their pride to a point. But lately it happens too often and with much

more severity than is necessary. If you've ever witnessed one of these events it is utter hysteria.

Everyone comes running down the street to get their cheap shots in. So now we have a murder.

Will they just pretend like it didn't happen and everybody feign ignorance. Probably so. :o

yes say what you like about the uk, if you picked on a doorman the chances are you would get a black eye or so, the thais go right over the top like its a war and seem to enjoy over reacting and beating up farang,.its a losing battle,have foreigners ever got the better of thais in a fight ? i doubt it, we are always going to outnumbered,.here anyway ,pity these guys didnt know,

A very sad story. Does anyone know what bar they were being ushered into? I would have thought it would be fairly straight forward to arrest the touts at the bar concerned and get one of them to talk. It sounds like they don't want justice. I wonder how the story is being reported in Estonia.

Very sad story. I was out with a friend, saw the pileup of people in Walking Street but had no idea what happened.

It is unbelievable, that those idiots not care of another's life. Primitive creatures, better take double care. :o

Soi 15 is the one that originates near the family mart. Quite a few clubs/a-go-gos

up that street. Even though most everyone in this town makes a handsome living

off the tourists, most of the locals, I would say 95%, absolutely hate foreigners.

You have to remember, Pattaya also attracts many undesirable Thais. Drugs, guns

crime, most of them high on ya-ba. When you listen to what some of these people

say day-in and day-out. You don't want to have anything to do with them. A thaivisa

member much wiser than me once said. "This is not a place to grow old in". True. :o

Well its unfortunate for the estonian man, but pretty stupid behaviour on their part. They go back and decided to fight??? Logic says I am a foreigner in another country, perhaps not good idea to do such a thing.

Anyways - stupid behaviour in Thailand can cost you quite dearly - you want trouble you will certainly find it in spades. :o

Britmaveric beat me to it on this one. I don't understand why everybody is slagging the Thais.

This was NOT an unprovoked attack, these idiots decided to go back to take them on, and got what any reasonable person over here would expect.

Yes they are cowards, and yes 5 on one is the norm, but would you go looking for a fight in any other foreign country and not expect the locals to back each other up?

Britmaveric beat me to it on this one. I don't understand why everybody is slagging the Thais.

This was NOT an unprovoked attack, these idiots decided to go back to take them on, and got what any reasonable person over here would expect.

Yes they are cowards, and yes 5 on one is the norm, but would you go looking for a fight in any other foreign country and not expect the locals to back each other up?

agreed, another dead hero through drink it seems, ,awful waste,.

I walk down that street every time I'm out. One of my haunts is What'sUp and I get harassed all the time from those Yaba'd out male touts. Whether you like it or not they tag along with you in an effort to register a commission wherever you choose to enter. I've been around long enough to know not to confront any Thai men. As we all know complaining to the police falls on deaf ears. IMO we should be voicing our concerns with the Club Owners who hire these thugs, whether there touts or bouncers. I'm not going to blame anyone directly because I don't know 100% who controls these guys, but I do know 2 of the 3 most popular clubs on that street are Falang controlled and the third is a known Falang friendly bar and I'm sure they can do something. We should be voicing our concerns with them !

P.S. This also happens with frequency on Soi Diamond.

Some bars will do anything to get the punters in, including turning a blind eye to heavy handed touts and doormen, Close the bar in question for a indefinite period, ban any partner or manager of the business from any other such business within the Pattaya area as a deterrent to others.

Also put a ban on the premises being used as a bar , etc, ever again, to stop it being reopened under so called "New Owners".

BB

Slightly off topic but my friends wife took us to the Yasothon rocket festival a few ago, everyone was enjoying themselves but it was obvious that many of the younger guys were drunk and the festival had been only going for one hour. Then all of a sudden out of the blue several of these guys started fighting and before I knew it about 100 joined in, I just stood back in amazement at the array of weapons that were being used, one hero even road a motor bike into the mob and when the mob finished with him his face was pulverised, there were police in attendance but the were far to busy in the whiskey tent to bring law and order back to reality. It was a real eye opener and I never have anything to do with Thai males especially the Isaan variety, many who are just feral pigs.

I agree - Walking Street is a sleazy place.

Well, I beg to differ. I lived/worked here (Pattaya) for 16 years and always take friends/family visiting from overseas down to the walking street. We always come away with pain in our cheek-muscles from laughing.

It's a funny place; a true study in human behaviour, but I would not call it a "sleazy" place. Besides: what are you comparing it to ? ? ?

You wanna do "sleazy" go and have a look at the Rheperbahn in Germany, or the red-light-district in Amsterdam !

So Mr. "jimmy-the-mook" think again, okay - before you insult totally innocent people (and/or their city-parts) of being "sleazy".

[snip]

Hummmm... Soi 15.

L02361.JPG

Beach Club.

L02362.JPG

Angelwitch and RockGirls.

L02365.JPG

What's Up and Fantasia (if it's still open).

L02367.JPG

Venus.

L02364.JPG

It's not the nicest area for sure.

Sorry to hear about this tragedy.

Fun Town stops being fun when there is blood in the streets.

My sympathies to the families.

And justice to the perps is probably more than we could hope for.

~WISteve

A terrible incident and even though Pattaya is not a fair representative of Thailand , it is something for those who keep slagging off the UK as a hellhole, something to pontificate over.

RIP

Well, awful incident though this was, things like this happen every weekend in most major cities in the UK. Thailand's got a long way to go before it catches up with the UK.

This is very uncharacteristic of ethnic Estonians. I lived there 10 years and they aren't an aggressive bunch. When they release names I wouldn't be surprised if they were ethnic Russians who are Estonian citizens (over 30% of the total population). Russians don't like to take crap off of anyone. Either way it's always a tragedy when something like this happens. When I first went to Bangkok ten years ago we had read not to cause trouble at any of the bars because a door will open and a dozen little guys with machetes will come out. Apparetly that advice was close enough to the truth.

I always see so much anger against the Thai in topics like this. People are real bitter and think all Thais are out to get you. In my home country in bars this happens too. If you confront the wrong group you dont get a fair fight. But now bohoo bad Thais this bad Thais that. Face it the guys came back to start a fight.

I don't condone killing or mobbing up on a few guys but in reality it happens everywhere not just here.

IMO we should be voicing our concerns with the Club Owners who hire these thugs, whether there touts or bouncers.

That is very well put indeed!

The most disturbing fact is that the Tourist Police did not take any action and this apparent lack of interest in the case prompted the Estonians to take the matter in their own hands.

So we can assume that in case of an emergency other than martial looks their is nothing much to get from the TP desk?