Earthquake In Chiang Mai

george

Earthquake in Chiang Mai

CHIANG MAI: -- Residents of Thailand's northern city of Chiang Mai were this morning surprised to be shaken by a minor earthquake.

The earthquake, measuring 3.7 on the Richter Scale, had its epicentre in Samoeng district, around 19 kilometres northwest of the Chiang Mai seismological monitoring station.

According to the Northern Meteorological Centre, the tremor was felt most noticeably by people in tall buildings in Muang and Hang Dong district.

There were no reports of any damages or casualties.

--TNA 2004-09-12

• 2 weeks later...
It happens every year here in the north a few times. I'm from San Francisco, so this ain't nothin... :D

oh yeah ajarn nothing for you what about the thai people?

So far, it doesn't seem to be a problem for them, either :o

Maybe just a problem for you? You could try hiding under the bed or standing in a doorway next time :D

It happens every year here in the north a few times. I'm from San Francisco, so this ain't nothin... :D

Maybe just a problem for you? You could try hiding under the bed or standing in a doorway next time :D

well i'm in florida we just have to contend with hurricanes and tornadoes i'm leaving the earthquakes to you you seem to have more experience handling these matters :D

well i'm in florida we just have to contend with hurricanes and tornadoes i'm leaving the earthquakes to you you seem to have more experience handling these matters :D

I guess I'd rather go through an earthquake than the weather you guys go through...At least an earthquake only lasts for a few seconds...

Out of curiousity, when they evacuate places there, where do the people go? I'd guess all the hotels outside the area, but nearby, would fill up quick, so where do the rest of them go for a few days? Are their enough evacuation shelters?

I guess I'd rather go through an earthquake than the weather you guys go through...At least an earthquake only lasts for a few seconds...

Out of curiousity, when they evacuate places there, where do the people go? I'd guess all the hotels outside the area, but nearby, would fill up quick, so where do the rest of them go for a few days? Are their enough evacuation shelters?

You go where ever you can get to Most people just rough it out like i did I'm not getting stuck in traffic and suddenly mother nature says "Hello" in a big way. and there are not enough shelters. they fill up fast and what makes a shelter any destruction proof than a house. I can understand people with special needs yeah sure like sick people need to be look after all the time.

i heard some people went to virginia pennsylvania just far enough out of the way, that's if the storm hits near florida if it goes the way the last one did then the mainland US will be hit. I hate hurricanes I think i'd rather have earthquakes as long as the earth don't open up.

:D

Yeah, the earth opening up part is something to mull on :D

Good luck with the weather :D

well it's been nice so far past couple weeks now and hurricane season is at it's peak now one two more months and then it's over peace until the new season starts. :o:D

Sir Ajarn I don't control the weather Only Mother Nature reigns in that department.

Remember always respect your Mother.