What's It Worth?

BlissfullyIgnorant

A Thai friend of mine is looking to sell her motorcycle, but has no idea what it should be advertised for - and neither do I :o Naturally I don't want her to get ripped off.

I'm posting this here as I expect like any other country, prices for used vehicles varies from region to region.

The details of the bike are as follows:

Honda Sonic 125RS, 2yo, less than 4,000km, electric start, front disc brake, silver in color with white mag wheels, as new condition, always housed under cover, one owner. Cost 50,800 baht new.

Any ideas?

A Thai friend of mine is looking to sell her motorcycle, but has no idea what it should be advertised for - and neither do I :o Naturally I don't want her to get ripped off.

I'm posting this here as I expect like any other country, prices for used vehicles varies from region to region.

The details of the bike are as follows:

Honda Sonic 125RS, 2yo, less than 4,000km, electric start, front disc brake, silver in color with white mag wheels, as new condition, always housed under cover, one owner. Cost 50,800 baht new.

Any ideas?

Just a wild guess, but I'd try for 40,000+ as a quasi- realistic price...

You can try checking with the guys at Goodwill Bikes Soi2, Chang Moi @ the Military Bank, turn right. They will give you an honest educated guess.

Popular bikes like the Honda Wave lose about 10k/year at this time. Sonic is a special bike (clutch etc) so has a much smaller potential market. There are also not so many of them around so if you're lucky to find a buyer who just happens to want a Sonic you may be lucky to get 40k+ ... but you might have to lower the price if you want to sell it reasonably fast.