Family Holiday At Koh Chang

localguy

hi my name is andreas mulder im planing a holiday with my thai wife and 4 kids to koh chang because we have being to most of the other islands

can someone recommend a place to stay

not to far from markets restaurants

last time we where in phuket and had to take a taxi every where

a nice and good place for kids from one year to 18

i hope you can help us

reg andreas

It is a problem with Koh chang that anywhere can be a long ride from something you want as there is really only one road around the outside of the island. The most crowded town is Whitesands which has the most shops and stalls etc.

I think if you find a hotel that looks nice tyo you, you shouls ask about the transport they offer - there may well be a freeSong Taew to the nearest markets etc.

There are no large markets on KC.

It is a problem with Koh chang that anywhere can be a long ride from something you want as there is really only one road around the outside of the island. The most crowded town is Whitesands which has the most shops and stalls etc.

I think if you find a hotel that looks nice tyo you, you shouls ask about the transport they offer - there may well be a freeSong Taew to the nearest markets etc.

If your not really stuck on Koh Chang take a look at Chao Luo beach, it is great and has all you are looking for. Only 20min from Chanthaburi

If your not really stuck on Koh Chang take a look at Chao Luo beach, it is great and has all you are looking for. Only 20min from Chanthaburi

im trying to find Chao Luo beach but no luck any help please

Approx 20min from Chanthaburi on the gulf, here is the phone # to a great place, they have either single bungolows w/air and have two beds in them or they have 2 bedroom/2 bath places with air and tv: 039-369201

try hotels in Kai Bae or the north end of Klong Prao Beach. No need to take songthaews anywhere if you stay there. Can walk to plenty of shops, restaurants etc

In Kai Bae you'll find lots of shops, restaurants etc by the beach and by the roadside. Also a small market where you can buy fresh fruit etc every day in the centre of the village - near Gajapuri Resort. Other hotels to see: Chang Park, Cliff Beach, SeaView

At the north end of Klong Prao beach there are also a lot of places to shop, eat & drink within 5-10 minutes walk of hotels also roadside stalls selling fruit and in the evening small stalls selling noodles, pad thai etc by the roadside. Hotels - Paradise Resort, Coconut Beach, Chai Chet Bungalows, Koh Cahng Resort & Klong Prao Resort

Approx 20min from Chanthaburi on the gulf, here is the phone # to a great place, they have either single bungolows w/air and have two beds in them or they have 2 bedroom/2 bath places with air and tv: 039-369201

the Chantaburi coast is largely "undiscovered" by farang....however if you are thinking of staying there beware of the week-ends...it is NOT a newly discovered place for many Thais and can get fully booked up at that time.

Try Kai Bae, plenty to keep you busy there. Sea View is a popular place for families - at the southern end of the beach so quieter than Chang Park but close enough to the shops etc and if you want to visit other beaches it's only a few minutes drive by songtaew north to klong Prao or south to Lonely Beach. You could send your oldest child off in a canoe to paddle round to Lonely Beach, good beach for swimming & sunbathing - only 10-15 minutes paddle away. On Klong Prao Coconut Beach would suit you - everything you need is on hand including supermarket only a few hundred metres away. Klong Prao Resort is also good but as already mentioned Paradise is the nicest resort in this area.