Beach At Koh Chang

wanderer9020

Which beach can be considered as quite, secluded beach in Ko Chang.Something away from night life,as we planned to just relaxed whole day, walk at the beach at sunset, have a fresh seafood lunch and dinner.Our budget for room is 3000 baht a night, we prefer a hut style cottage facing the beach, any recommendations?

Im confused with the descriptions of Ko Chang beaches.Lonely beach sounds appealing based on its name itself, but I read somewhere else , thats its Ko Chang Khao San Road?And WHite Beach (I dont know how it can be compared to Boracay famous White Beach in Philippines which is very crowded ), looks good too but touristy and crowded? I hope I can find answers in this forum.The guidebooks didnt elaborate more

Lonely Beach got it's name over a decade ago when there was only one backpacker hut place to stay and no road leading there. Nowadays it's anything but Lonely. The backpacker places are also going upmarket. Last week i saw one place that was 200 baht huts last year but are now 2500 baht/night designer bungalows.

Bhumiyama & Siam Beach Resort are the nicest places to stay on the beach. Siam Beach has pool villas for around 10,000 baht/night plus other rooms for 2500 - 4000 baht/night. Bhumiyama is around the 3000 baht/night range.

No idea how it compares to Boracay - probably not favourably as Boracay is famed for clear waters, diving & powdery white sand.

Try the southern end of Klong Prao beach, Tropicana or Barali, if you walk north you will get away from people. Right now I only see a dozen people on the beach in the afternoon when I walk the dog. There are a handful of small restaurants to eat in on the beach.

Or for a less luxurious place, try White Sand beach resort at the far north end of White Sand beach - accommodation in bungalows 20 metres from the sea on a lovely beach but the resort needs some renovation. 15 mins walk down the beach to get to seafood restaurants, bars , minimart etc.

We recently spent 10 nights at the Koh Chang Cliff Beach hotel in Kai Bae and paid about 4000 baht per night for a cliff view room. I think their prices range from about 2700 - 6500 baht per night.

Lovely secluded beach which did neighbour a couple of other resorts but we had a very peaceful and relaxing stay. The staff were more than helpfull on many an occasion and its not to far from restaurants and bars if you need a change.

We've stayed at quite a few hotels on Koh Chang over the years and this was up there as one of our nicest stays.

Guemlem

Which beach can be considered as quite, secluded beach in Ko Chang.Something away from night life,as we planned to just relaxed whole day, walk at the beach at sunset, have a fresh seafood lunch and dinner.Our budget for room is 3000 baht a night, we prefer a hut style cottage facing the beach, any recommendations?

Why not a small island south of Koh Chang ? Friends of mine stay now at Koh Wai....paradise as they told me........ :o

You could also try Koh Mak or further south, Koh Kut/Kood.

In the south of Koh Chang there is Bang Bao where you can take a ferry.

Have a look at Google Earth to make it more visual.

LaoPo

Koh Mak would be a better bet than Koh Wai if you need some comfort. Accommodation in Koh Wai is mainly in wooden huts for 200 baht/night. One exception is Parakarang Resort, they have some AC bungalows for around 1000 baht/night. But don't expect to hae electricity all night.

If you use www.pointasia.com instead of Google Earth you get good resolution for Koh Mak, can see every resort. Try the new bungalwos at Koh Mak Resort, modern style, nicely done with an excellent little pool bar ' Ocean Place'

Koh Mak would be a better bet than Koh Wai if you need some comfort. Accommodation in Koh Wai is mainly in wooden huts for 200 baht/night. One exception is Parakarang Resort, they have some AC bungalows for around 1000 baht/night. But don't expect to hae electricity all night.

If you use www.pointasia.com instead of Google Earth you get good resolution for Koh Mak, can see every resort. Try the new bungalwos at Koh Mak Resort, modern style, nicely done with an excellent little pool bar ' Ocean Place'

Maybe you like it but I think it's a horrible website, even after registering :o

LaoPo

Coming off the ferry turn left, there are a few places along there that offer hut style cottages probably a lot less than 3,000 Baht a night. From memory the beach is not perfect but it is quiet and quite beautiful.

Try Long Beach. Check out this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161654

J

Jayenram - the photo here, is captioned 'Bungalows on Long Beach' - but wasnt taken on Long Beach. It looks like one of the resorts on Salakphet Bay, in Chek Bae village.

On Long Beach there are only one place to stay 'Treehouse' with 200 baht/night fan huts on the beach - no landscaped gardens, no concrete bungalows, no aircon bungalows and one other place to eat - Sea Breeze - just past Hat Yuthanavy. Goodplace to stay if you haveyour own transport and want a real backpacker experience.

Not too far away from Long Beach,at the far southeastern tip of Koh Chang - opposite Koh Ngam - there are some very nice new bungalows being built on the site of some old fishing huts - but these aren't on a beach.

• 2 months later...

I go to lonely beach, Stay at nature beach 500 baht a night great people long beach- Underdeveloped not like white sand & Kai bay with a bazillion tourists. More backpacking & interesting people to talk with. I wouldn't waste big money there (for what?) There is a very top end hotel with a pool right next door for 3000 baht Same as the 5000 baht rippoff joints at the very populated beaches. Rent a motorbike for 150 baht a day & you can hang at all the posh hotels if you have to be relieved of your wallet. Been there 5 times & going there very soon again.

Has anyone tried the new Dusit Princess hotel yet? Looks pretty good and may well book a few days there.

http://www.dusit.com/hotels/thailand/koh_c...cess/index.html

yep it ace, 8800 a night, but book through internet ya can get 3 nights for 8400 ish, been koh chang about 20 times its a nice get away and stayed twice dusit, and rooms are good here somthing i did on it, somtimes links get taken off so if its removed just pm me

http://soi6cornerbar.wetpaint.com/page/Dusit+Hotel+Koh+Chang

as it happens im back down again approx 20th

chris

Jayenram - the photo here, is captioned 'Bungalows on Long Beach' - but wasnt taken on Long Beach. It looks like one of the resorts on Salakphet Bay, in Chek Bae village.

On Long Beach there are only one place to stay 'Treehouse' with 200 baht/night fan huts on the beach - no landscaped gardens, no concrete bungalows, no aircon bungalows and one other place to eat - Sea Breeze - just past Hat Yuthanavy. Goodplace to stay if you haveyour own transport and want a real backpacker experience.

Not too far away from Long Beach,at the far southeastern tip of Koh Chang - opposite Koh Ngam - there are some very nice new bungalows being built on the site of some old fishing huts - but these aren't on a beach.

If they weren't taken on "Long Beach" then I am mistaken on the name of the beach. The beach where the photos were taken is at the end of the 'road' which virtually skirts the eastern coast for half the length of the island before turning inland. A left turn then takes you to what is apparently an old naval monument (didn't see any evidence of this though) and the road peters out in a small wooded area and then the beach in question.

Sorry about the delayed reply, I missed it first time around.