Soi Dogs

DJ Pat

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi DJ Pat

We got adopted by a soi dog if you know what i mean, i used to take food to her outside 7-11 and the next thing we found her in our house.

We tried to walk her on a lead but she did not want to know, just hit the deck as soon as we tried, after a couple of weeks she was fine and goes everywhere with us on a lead.

The only thing is all the local Thais look at us really strange with her on a lead, like they have never seen it done before.

We called her Biscuit after the film Seabiscuit we had just watched due to her one bad leg, Some rotten sod ran her over we were told by the vet.

Only problem we now have is when we return on 6th october the lady looking after her informs us we also have 6 little biscuits. (HELP)

Mike.

We have temple dogs. Dog rescue people come around and do the sterilization thing and within a couple of weeks neighbors go out and get some new puppies to starve and neglect, just to keep the stray population up I guess. Noisy, territorial, busted up bunch always trying to move up a rank on the alpha male list. Don't like'em, no sir, don't like'em.

:o Coffee!!! :D

No not for sale,

We hope that they will find good homes.

I dont know about soi dog, but what i can say is she is really well behaved and good as gold. But the wife gets irritated when she sleeps on our bed and also when wife finds bones buried under the sheets in the spare room.

One odd thing i have always noticed is that the dogs in town (hua hin) see a thai man late at night they always have a go at them, yet leave farang people alone.

I think maybe these dogs are not stupid and have long memories.

Mike.

BTW anyone want a cute little puppy????????????

my local soi dogs are more hostile to Thais I've noticed.

That's cause Thais are generally more hostile to soi dogs than us kind-hearted farangs...

Although it is certainly prudent to be less kind hearted and benevolent to them now that they have the potential to be infected with, among other diseases, bird flu.... :o

Don't like'em, no sir, don't like'em.

:D Coffee!!! :D

They can't help being what they are and it's this countries bizarre thing about living and let live....

They can't help being what they are and it's this countries bizarre thing about living and let live....

Just two comments about this ...

1. Country's is the possesive form you are thinking of. Hope you don't mind my correcting your spelling mistake. :D

2. "Live and Let Live" is *NOT* bizarre at all in this country. It is only that not-living and not-let-live seems acceptable in your homeland. Soi dogs may be annoying, but they [like all sentient beings] are Buddhas-to-be. :D

'Sorry to be pedantic, but this is a Buddhist nation. Get used to it. And as for Thais mistreating soi dogs, well TiT, the Buddhist values get stretched thin with some of the locals. 'Doesn't mean we have to debase ourselves as guests here.

Please, folks, get a grip. Are you going to teach your kids to target soi dogs for violent death? :o

Please, folks, get a grip. Are you going to teach your kids to target soi dogs for violent death?

I think you're slightly overreacting there.

Sorry 'bout that, DJ Pat. I was still cringing from an earlier thread about doomed doggy deaths. Our soi dogs are well-groomed, well-mannered, and bark in 3 dialects. :o

That will be a job and a half. Remember they tried to capture a load before APEC?

Yes I remember the half-hearted APEC clean-up, but they sure didn't get any of the population on my little soi. No motorcades of VIPs came near us. A friend told me that the dogs on his soi (Sukhumvit 8) were rounded up and taken away, only to be brought back after APEC.

• 1 year later...

I love dogs too. Have a pack(8 or 9) that camp outside our house everynight. They are owned dogs...but our neighbours pretty much let them run wild, fend for themselves. The only problems we have is the midnight singing and trying to reverse the car out of the drive. :o Also, when our dogs are on heat more of the buggers come from nowhere :D

Our soi dogs seem to be quite a sorted bunch. We live just outside the centre of the village, and the dogs dissappear into the village around 7-8ish every evening. Around 12-1 they regather across the street on a vacant plot, have an almighty sing-song for about 10 mins, then disperse to go sleep...

Like clockwork.

i hve soi dog too

i take care a handicap dog , she was hit by car ..old one.. that time she was pregnant with 2 puppies ..uterinr rapture .. pelvic bone facture ..etc

she stay with me for few yrs till now..beside my clinic..i hve to carry her for pee and poo atleast 2 times a day

never give up .. i love it

(FYI .. actaully VET is not the most favorite thing, i wanna be.. i want to have a small cocktail bar on the beach!! :D )

in past , i wish i was a dentist or engineer :o

Here is Bobo, not really a Soi Dog but kinda more the country variety. He is a great dog. 2 weeks ago a bunch of rabbits escaped their pen and Bobo ate 5 of them. Blood and bunny guts everywhere :D

The very next day Bobo got hit by a car. :o

Girlfriends parents insist that it was karma.

Bobo suffered a broken leg but is getting really quick now on his three good legs. Seems like he will make a full recovery, more than can be said for the Bunny Rabbits. :D

gallery_21201_287_12421.jpg

Edited by Fried Rice