Euthanizing Dogs

I am confused about this: I am told that dogs are kept alive, even suffering, so that they might live out their destiny, instead of being humanely put down (which, wouldn't that be their destiny if we made it their destiny?) However, it's okay to poison a dog with strycchnine to give it a horrible suffering long death because the dog chooses to eat the food with the poison in it, so therefore he commits suicide. Sorry but the whole situation is a mind-###### to me, can someone make some sense of it for me?

at present i am staying with my wifes family in bangkok, the house has its fair share of cockroaches and mice (rats).

(unfortunately , even taxexiles have to be brought down to earth occasionally)

cockroaches are tipped on to their back with a piece of cardboard and left to kick and try and right themselves (which they cannot do )until they die of fatigue after a day or so.

when i make a move to stamp on them i am admonished for trying to kill them.

the mice and rats are trapped on a piece of plastic covered in a very sticky substance that attracts them , but once they put a foot in it they cannot pull themselves free, again when i go to despatch these vermin with a hammer or my wifes shoe i am reprimanded for cruelty, and the rodent has to spend the next two days slowly dying of dehydration or cat attack.

yet they think nothing of throwing live lobsters into the cooking pot (they have got to be fresh or they are not delicious is the reasoning).

the cruel way that dogs and cats are treated here is hard to understand too.

after over 15 years exposure to the warped logic and the pick and mix beliefs here i have given up all hope of trying either to get any kind of rational explanation for it or trying to understand it.

i am a falang and i can never hope to figure out the ways of the thai.

Understanding thai culture and buddism is difficult.......I have problems to understand whats going on during a monk ceremony as well.

Here some pictures I have taken not long ago when we had the 9 or 15 monks for making us happy. Even the thais does not understand the monk language.

http://skaarpictures.com/images55/index.htm

After some years, I finally have found out how to manage to sit waing for 40 minutes without getting totally invalid legs... I can 'enjoy' it now.

From an old man.

I am confused about this: I am told that dogs are kept alive, even suffering, so that they might live out their destiny, instead of being humanely put down (which, wouldn't that be their destiny if we made it their destiny?) However, it's okay to poison a dog with strycchnine to give it a horrible suffering long death because the dog chooses to eat the food with the poison in it, so therefore he commits suicide. Sorry but the whole situation is a mind-###### to me, can someone make some sense of it for me?

That soi dog could well be your reincarnated grandfather Somchai Miss Monkey and it wouldn't be kosher to knock off grandad.