Free Thai Tax Software

jhs

Hi, all. Long-time reader, first-time poster.

I have a software company in Thailand, and so I regularly submit my documents to the revenue department (por gnor dor 1, por gnor dor 53, por por 30, etc.)

Doing this manually is no good: it is tedious and error-prone. So, I am considering writing a simple software package that will keep track of the necessary data (tax IDs, salaries, receivables, expenses) and generate the appropriate documents automatically. For my own reasons, this would be free software (open source).

My question is, would this be useful to anybody else in Thailand? I'd like to make operating in Thailand (slightly) easier for everybody, but if there is insufficient interest from the business community, I'll spend my time pursuing other things. So I'm using you all as a sounding board, if that's okay.

If free software for managing government forms (like for the revenue department) sounds interesting to you, please speak up. I am especially interested in what specific features the Thai business community needs. What operational problems do you all have that can be addressed with software?

Thanks very much!

I would be quite interested since right now just have to rely on the accountants to do it all for us.

Suspect many others would be interested as well.

Dan

I have a software company in Thailand, and so I regularly submit my documents to the revenue department (por gnor dor 1, por gnor dor 53, por por 30, etc.)

Doing this manually is no good: it is tedious and error-prone. So, I am considering writing a simple software package that will keep track of the necessary data (tax IDs, salaries, receivables, expenses) and generate the appropriate documents automatically. For my own reasons, this would be free software (open source).

My question is, would this be useful to anybody else in Thailand? I'd like to make operating in Thailand (slightly) easier for everybody, but if there is insufficient interest from the business community, I'll spend my time pursuing other things. So I'm using you all as a sounding board, if that's okay.

If free software for managing government forms (like for the revenue department) sounds interesting to you, please speak up. I am especially interested in what specific features the Thai business community needs. What operational problems do you all have that can be addressed with software?

Thanks very much!

I think a software package (or guiding program) aimed at helping foreigners preparing required paperwork for their SME business in Thailand would be a very useful tool.

I currently spend 30,000B per annum for accounting & form filing services & 12,000B per month for multi-tasked office staff.

I think you may have to spend some time with your accounting firm to develop a helpful guide and program that walks you through the basic steps of form completion and filing inc. a list of various jungwat offices and agencies that are responsible.

Pls. keep this board updated with your progress. :o

Cheers,

Soundman.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would be interested also. I have been trying to get my staff to use quickbooks but he won't do it.

It would also be helpful if every line had both thai and english . That way i could hire a non english speaking thai accountant to fill it in and i could still read what was what.

I think it's a good idea although you will be competing with some commercial products (I don't recall the names of those right now).

Also, I think that you would probably have to get some kind of approval from the Revenue Department before they will accept reports prepared/calculated by your software.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

Maybe you can consider to use TURBOCASH an Open source software that have accounting, inventory , purchase order, sale order and more. I made consulting and support for a Thai import/export software. The software have localization in Thai, English and many other languages. The software is perfectly copatible with the Thai Tax system

best regards

Thanks very much!

Thanks very much!

Useful but as you probably know most Thai Companies maintain more than one set of books, one for the Revenue Department and one (or more) for various Directors/Shareholders. I suppose this could be achieved by using multiple copies of the freeware?