Suggesting A New Forum

sbk

If we did a poll would the results count? Some members live in the country and might enjoying sharing their gardening/farming tips and info. What do you think? Should I do a poll or just suggest it to the admins here?

Admins??

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16778

here the link to the topic sbk is talking about.

I think it's a good idea, if thaivisa is gonna become the premier source of info for thailand then a new section for this stuff is a good idea. Today farming & gardening issues, tomorrow world domination. Am I right George, come on I know thats the plan :o

Thanks for the vote Boo, something like "Country life"?

Then we could all complain about our neighbor's chickens digging up our plants and the smell of our neighbor's pigs instead of Ladyboys and the smell of exhaust :o

i always wondered why it was in the issan section; since the 'kitchen farmer' and the 'technoagriculture' farmer in thailand can both use support....

one of my workers is going back to udon thani in two months with 5 years experience in technoagriculture (cotton), veggies and two years in apples; he has a lot of plans some of which i've discussed with plachon in the past...drip irrigation, organic farming, etc will be happy to help him out and you all too

and me with the farm animal zoo, and random with the cows, and someone with fish....

well, as my impression of thai vets has not been a wonderful one, internet feedback is certainly useful even if climate etc are not the same ....

at your service for: goats, sheep (all ruminants),donkeys, dogs, organic veg regulations etc., and high level vet contacts for elephants and wild animals

and as sbk knows, i dont flame :o

An agriculture forum would appeal to a good number of posters here. I'd be interested in topics dealing with different kinds of orchards - what fruit bears the best in say, Central Thailand and how to care for the trees etc.

Whadaya say, George? :o

I'd also be interested in such a forum, would be nice to learn about plants and herbs, their names and uses.

further it would be interesting to learn about native animals and chat about pets etc. in thailand.

mods what so you think????!!

I'd go with SBK's "Country Life" Something for those who dont life in the major falang areas "Farming, Gardening, Animals ect"

It would be nice if a mod could reply to this thread even if its to say we have enough forums.

Cheers RC

If we had to get rid if one to make room for another, most of the OFCS agree which one could go.

Hi george.

I dont really start any thread on the subject a lot of newbbies do though, and if its in the pub forum it tends to get swamped out in the general "are all BG evil" threads.

The Farming in Northeast Thailand thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8401&st=0

Gets loads of stuff and has had more views and replies than some of the other sub forum's, I would imagine it p1ssed of some of the issarn boys, but you are right we prob have to many already.

Although I think it could turn into a good resourse for the forum, as there is'nt much info on the subjest avalible.

Thanks for replying

Cheers RC

Country Life!

Thanks George, I agree with ramdom --there has been alot of interest in the thread in the Isaan forum but I didn't look at it until someone mentioned it in my post. I don't generally look at the other regional forums as usually they don't have much to do with my life here. I would suspect that's true of alot of others as well.

Go for it!!!

I'd be happy to give it a go if you want, but dont really mind who does it, I cant see there being that many flame wars there.

Cheers RC

Oh I don't know Ramdom, I am not a big fan of gai bahn and if someone were try to tell me that they were anything other than skinny verminous birds I might take issue :o

Anyway, I would be happy to offer some part time help with the forum, couldn't do it constantly but most of the time anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...