Thai For 'entrepreneur'

simon43

This translation is not in my Thai dictionary. I'm trying to find a Thai word to describe my job! The most apt description of my work is that I am a business entrepreneur. That is, I think up potentially good business ideas/propositions, (or identify other companies with good potential), - and then I implement, acquire and manage these businesses to achieve (hopefully!), a business success in the future.

I need this translation because I'm getting asked by government offices just exactly what I do as a job :o Nothing heavy mind you, but I cannot say that I am just a software engineer, or just an electronics guy, or just a marketing guy etc. I'm all of them and more! And I want to be able to explain this to these guys. The best English word (well, French actually), is 'entrepreneur'.

Is there a good Thai translation of this word? And if I used it, would anyone understand what I meant??

Only thing I can think of is "nak long thun" (นักลงทุน), which is literally "investor".

Maybe you could expand a little on the one above. :D

And get the following :o ...นักลงทุนทางการเงิน "nak long tohn taang gaan ngeun"

Here are a few other suggestions for "entrepreneur" in ranked order;but neither is as good as the French one. :D

a.ผู้บริหารกิจการ "poo bori-haan gi-ja-gaan"

b.นักวิสาหกิจ "nak wi-saa-ha git"

c.นายทุน "nai tohn"

d.นายจ้าง "nai jaahng"

Cheers. :D

Snowleopard.

Don't think this one is appropriate: it means "business executive", but implies someone who is ultimately an employee and on salary (I think).

b.นักวิสาหกิจ "nak wi-saa-ha git"

Not exactly sure of this one.

c.นายทุน "nai tohn"

This one might work. Kind of like "financier", I'd guess.

d.นายจ้าง "nai jaahng"

No; this one simply means "employer".

Don't think this one is appropriate: it means "business executive", but implies someone who is ultimately an employee and on salary (I think).

This one is defined in B.P. Becker's dictionary as:

"person who organizes a business venture"

Seems spot on to me.