Where Has All The Diet Coke Gone ?

torrenova

For the last efw weeks, I've not been able to buy slabs and then any diet coke in Carrefour, Tesco etc. That Coke Zero <deleted> is everywhere but all you get from the store muppets is "mott".

Anyone have the inside angle ?

It's probably Coke Thailand failing to meet the Sales targets for Coke Zero so instead of disappointing corporate HQ they have probably decided to say <deleted> the customers and had the bright idea of limiting supply of Coke light with the hope that everybody will try Coke Zero instead. By the way I did try it and you are right it is <deleted>.

So until diet Coke makes a comeback I will be buying anything but coke products...<deleted> em I say I for one won't play their games not that it will make any difference until some tosser meets his targets.

It may well be a distribution problem. I have seen weeks where it is unavailable in Chiang Mai. Try the store that you think has the least falang customers to see if they have any left.

I buy at least two cases at a time so I have a month's supply or more just (in case)

Sorry for the pun.

Market distribution, asleep at the wheel, typical of developing world not knowing how program the inventory software, or how to read the printout in the native language. As my postings have shown for years here and in Mexico, it is not uncommon for an entire metro area to be slap out of a major product. We buy 1.25 liter bottles of Pepsi Max by the multiple cases, and they can be slap dab, mai mee. totalemente nada, 'no hay.' We stock up in advance.

For the last efw weeks, I've not been able to buy slabs and then any diet coke in Carrefour, Tesco etc. That Coke Zero <deleted> is everywhere but all you get from the store muppets is "mott".

If it is an urgent craving PM me and I'll tell you where to find some. :o

I think all the fat people have drank it !,. im giving it up anyway, ive drank it for 10 years and im still 92 kilos :o , it dosent work , :D

• 3 weeks later...

I think all the fat people have drank it !,. im giving it up anyway, ive drank it for 10 years and im still 92 kilos :o , it dosent work , :D

To each their own poinson but for medical reasons I drink Zero always mixes with Jack Daniels and over the last 6 months along with diet and exercise (ie Walking an hour a day) I have lost 15 kilos. at first I didn't like it but now it is my personal preference. Be patient. :D

PS Fried food won't help

Well after a few weeks of Pepsi Max, which has grown on me I will admit, Coke Light is now back at a massively inflated price ! now we know why it disappeared, so they could hike the price.

The trouble is, that it is now more expensive per can bought in a slab than it is to buy a six pack ! About 12% increase in price for the slab, perhaps up to 15%.

Today in Carrefour, Pepsi Max has disappeared. Go figure !

Market distribution, asleep at the wheel, typical of developing world not knowing how program the inventory software, or how to read the printout in the native language.

I agree, except that it's even easier than that - all they have to do is make a note of what they run out of, and order more next time. And what they have left over, order less.

For example: Big C - always runs out of Scott 6 packs of kitchen paper. Why? They have shelves full of rubbish kitchen paper that no one wants to buy. They could stop selling all of that stuff and have a complete aisle full of Scott products that would sell.

With all the electronics at the check-out counters these days, the store knows exactly what is selling, how much sold this week, how much in stock, lead-time for replacing inventory - everything.

But it is a question as to whether the management act on that information or not, and whether the manufacturers are running that line this week. Purely logitics. And logic.

Market distribution, asleep at the wheel, typical of developing world not knowing how program the inventory software, or how to read the printout in the native language.

I agree, except that it's even easier than that - all they have to do is make a note of what they run out of, and order more next time. And what they have left over, order less.

For example: Big C - always runs out of Scott 6 packs of kitchen paper. Why? They have shelves full of rubbish kitchen paper that no one wants to buy. They could stop selling all of that stuff and have a complete aisle full of Scott products that would sell.

Big C south pattaya branch is very good at that.In the last 2 months pepsi max in 1.25 liter bottles was available for about 5 days alltogether.They always run out of stock for popular articles for a long time.Means they only order after the shelve is empty already,hence the many empty shelves.The management at that particular branch is a real disgrace for the Big C chain.

I generally prefer Coke Light to Pepsi Max but will go for Max once in a while when I want a sweeter taste and less fizz.

I think I had a can of Coke Zero once...don't really recall a difference to Light but was not doing a taste comparison.

My local 7-11 seems to always have plenty of all of the aforementioned products :o So never a problem...but I'm not a heavy drinker of any of them...maybe a can or 2 per week.

Don't get so worked up about it...it's only sugar water (or aspartame water in these cases). Try some real water for a substitute...better for you too :D