English Man Badly Beaten In Soi Beokeow

Pattaya_Fox

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

han if u really are the victims son then could you inform tv posters as to what you know of the incident ...was it completely random or an over the top revenge attack.as u say no one deserves that and i would say it could be seen as an attempted murder as if they had a bag full of rocks(never heard of attack with theses here before)then i would say that they could have killed him and had the intent to do so .im afraid i dont think the police will be much help to your father unless he is connected(i doubt) or rich enough to pay for there services in this case.

I am his daughter!! I do not know why it happened but would love to know!!!

I don't see my dad very often as i live in Spain and he in England,

he is not an aggresive person and would'nt go out looking for trouble,

but to think he could of been killed for nothing, i spoke to him and he said he did'nt do anything to anyone!!

just hope they get the scumbags who could do somthing like this!!

do you live in Thailand tattoodrob, if so would it be possible if you could keep me updated on this case,

i feel so bad as would go over but have a small baby!

to be the recipient of a sack-full of stones to the back of the head this fella must of done something really stupid (as to cultural phopah) or possibly been in some kind of business dispute....

my thoughts too

stupid or not - he must've pissed off someone big time.

STONES ! :o

well, may be coz Thais don't play baseball much and therefore bats are not that common :D

but stones in the bag - something explicitly premeditated and not without reason.

somehow only this fella was attacked - not any of his friends (also farangs or Thais?).

interesting - what did his friends do that time ?

its been my experiences that only asses make assumptions.

like the other token idiot on this forum you have to point the finger and make the victim responsible for his own downfall.

what is wrong with you people?

do you wai to the Thai culture to such a degree that you can justify the fact that a 50 year old guy is walking along a busy road and gets attacked by four cowardly rock wielding thugs?

for whatever reason this happened and despite your speculation the facts have not come out yet.

you miss the point of this entirely, its not what he did or wether he deserved it thats important.

its another prime example to add to many recently reported incidents of Thai thuggery against farangs.

if there was an issue with this farang created by some faux paux against Thai culture, as you speculate, then why did the Thai who took issue with the farang not deal with it at the time it happened, confront the issue to hand and if violence was the upshot of the dispute, then so be it.

a dispute between two people of two cultures deciding to settle it physically when the dialogue had run out.

instead the offended party presumably went away and got his mates like some errant schoolboy, to help him out and telling them ''oh! remember to bring some rocks to beat up the farang with!''

so after having supported the Thai position in this matter then please tell me this;

how can anyone go home and think well of themselves for committing such a cowardly attack?

i would be thoroughly ashamed of myself and you should be too for springing to their defence.

please have some respect for the injured party who only by the grace of god is not another pattaya death statistic

wow, dude !

I do not know what point I have missed - but definitely YOU do miss one important point mentioned in the rules of this Forum, you can start from the very beginning:

Please respect fellow members!

No bad or dirty language!

No flaming of fellow members!

Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or any attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants.

The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

so, your personal attack and offensive language indicate that the very words you've used against me are in fact the most suitable for yourself !

and I am gladly reporting you to Mods and Admins !

perhaps they'll teach you some manners in here :D

Edited by aaaaaa

to be the recipient of a sack-full of stones to the back of the head this fella must of done something really stupid (as to cultural phopah) or possibly been in some kind of business dispute....

my thoughts too

STONES ! :o

well, may be coz Thais don't play baseball much and therefore bats are not that common :D

but stones in the bag - something explicitly premeditated and not without reason.

somehow only this fella was attacked - not any of his friends (also farangs or Thais?).

like the other token idiot on this forum you have to point the finger and make the victim responsible for his own downfall.

do you wai to the Thai culture to such a degree that you can justify the fact that a 50 year old guy is walking along a busy road and gets attacked by four cowardly rock wielding thugs?

for whatever reason this happened and despite your speculation the facts have not come out yet.

you miss the point of this entirely, its not what he did or wether he deserved it thats important.

its another prime example to add to many recently reported incidents of Thai thuggery against farangs.

if there was an issue with this farang created by some faux paux against Thai culture, as you speculate, then why did the Thai who took issue with the farang not deal with it at the time it happened, confront the issue to hand and if violence was the upshot of the dispute, then so be it.

a dispute between two people of two cultures deciding to settle it physically when the dialogue had run out.

instead the offended party presumably went away and got his mates like some errant schoolboy, to help him out and telling them ''oh! remember to bring some rocks to beat up the farang with!''

so after having supported the Thai position in this matter then please tell me this;

how can anyone go home and think well of themselves for committing such a cowardly attack?

i would be thoroughly ashamed of myself and you should be too for springing to their defence.

please have some respect for the injured party who only by the grace of god is not another pattaya death statistic

wow, dude !

I do not know what point I have missed - but definitely YOU do miss one important point mentioned in the rules of this Forum, you can start from the very beginning:

Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or any attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants.

The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

so, your personal attack and offensive language indicate that the very words you've used against me are in fact the most suitable for yourself !

reporting me to the mods won't make your arrogant, infantile views to this poor guys attack any more palatable to anyone here, (especially his daughter who has joined this thread) but if it makes you feel better to report me to the mods because you can't deal with the heat in this kitchen then go right ahead. one things for sure , you do not have the prowess in any sense to teach me some manners yourself, so run off to the teacher, little boy.

This is my father you are all talking about!! how would you feel if YOU got a phone call with news YOUR father had be beaten and left for dead???

nobody deserves this!!

I am sorry that your father was injured.

If as stated in the News Papers he was drunk, perhaps he is not aware if he inadvertently offended some Thai(s). Not that this would justify such an attack, cowardly as it also was. Thailand is a third world country. As some posters have said many Thais resent "farangs." Why, we seem to have a lot of money, "we hump their women" and many "farangs" swagger around, because we are financially better of. Many "farangs" seem to have little respect for the Thai people and their culture. He may have done nothing to initiate such an deplorable attack. Still how would we feel in England or the USA if the Thai people did the same in our countries. I have no doubt that our response would be hostile to the extreme.

This is my father you are all talking about!! how would you feel if YOU got a phone call with news YOUR father had be beaten and left for dead???

nobody deserves this!!

If as stated in the News Papers he was drunk, perhaps he is not aware if he inadvertently offended some Thai(s). Not that this would justify such an attack, cowardly as it also was. Thailand is a third world country. As some posters have said many Thais resent "farangs." Why, we seem to have a lot of money, "we hump their women" and many "farangs" swagger around, because we are financially better of. Many "farangs" seem to have little respect for the Thai people and their culture. He may have done nothing to initiate such an deplorable attack. Still how would we feel in England or the USA if the Thai people did the same in our countries. I have no doubt that our response would be hostile to the extreme.

there is a well known Thai owner of a UK football club that seems to be receiving adoration for very similar indiscretions, but thats how PC England has become.

You have no respect for him or his daughter who is stuck in spain with a baby. find out how he is and let her know, whatever went on is of no

relevance - she just wants to know if her dad is ok.

Get lives and hearts

Edited by Patsycat

name='philliphn' post='1824615' date='2008-02-18 07:57:09'

Got to pull you on this.

Thais do, do the same in my country.

The uk is one of the most multiracial societies in the world.

Plenty of Thaïs over here with lots of money in there pockets.

Swaggering around. (we don't bash them with rocks for it)

Think one even owns a football club, but the name escapes me.

BTW plenty of Thaïs with money in Thailand who look down there noses at fellow Thais with no money.

Your comparisons are not that good mate.

But you could sum up your post in one word for the Thaïs .

Jealousy. Jealous of falangs and Thais, it just eats them up.

There's more good falangs, rich and respectful in Thailand than bad.

Wish I could say the same for Pattaya.

this is not directed at the unfortunate guy the thread is about.

Hope he makes a full recovery soon.

you beat me to it timekeeper.

Edited by plasticpig

my thoughts too

STONES ! :D

wow, dude !

reporting me to the mods won't make your arrogant, infantile views to this poor guys attack any more palatable to anyone here, (especially his daughter who has joined this thread) but if it makes you feel better to report me to the mods because you can't deal with the heat in this kitchen then go right ahead. one things for sure , you do not have the prowess in any sense to teach me some manners yourself, so run off to the teacher, little boy.

your accusations and repeated personal attack are groundless

it is YOU who makes assumptions, not even bothering to read properly other's posts.

first you ignore the things other person says, 2nd you personally atack that person, then you appeal to public and switch the subject by trying to show off yourself as the only righteous advocate of the victim.

WHERE in my post I have said anything offensive about him? I said that he must have pissed off someone - which is very likely, even if this victim is a good man, really doesn't know the assailants and himself is unaware of when and how he had possibly pissed them off.

there are many ways to piss off other people, especially those who are easily pissed off without reason (you are the perfect example of that !) - and by pointing that out in no way can be disrespectful towards the victim.

my post was exactly about that - trying to find out WHY did it happen, no more than that. and I didn't make any assumptions at all - only stated the fact that such pre-meditated brutal attack don't happen for no reason. and the reasons can be various - not necessarily implying that it was his (victim's) own fault.

so, it is you who needs to grow up before trying to participate in adults discussions ! :o

my thoughts too

STONES ! :D

wow, dude !

your accusations and repeated personal attack are groundless

it is YOU who makes assumptions, not even bothering to read properly other's posts.

first you ignore the things other person says, 2nd you personally atack that person, then you appeal to public and switch the subject by trying to show off yourself as the only righteous advocate of the victim.

WHERE in my post I have said anything offensive about him? I said that he must have pissed off someone - which is very likely, even if this victim is a good man, really doesn't know the assailants and himself is unaware of when and how he had possibly pissed them off.

there are many ways to piss off other people, especially those who are easily pissed off without reason (you are the perfect example of that !) - and by pointing that out in no way can be disrespectful towards the victim.

my post was exactly about that - trying to find out WHY did it happen, no more than that. and I didn't make any assumptions at all - only stated the fact that such pre-meditated brutal attack don't happen for no reason. and the reasons can be various - not necessarily implying that it was his (victim's) own fault.

so, it is you who needs to grow up before trying to participate in adults discussions ! :o

the fact that you felt you had to report me to the mods rather than defend yourself reflects your inadequacy as a person to respond to rational argument.

your defensive attempts to sugar coat your previous observations as to why this poor man deserved a beating is tantamount to an admission that you were wrong but are too embroiled in bending over to Thai culture that you too, dare not lose face and admit it.

as to being pissed off, yes, i get pissed off easily with holier than types who are find these acts of violence acceptable and try to rationalise them into something other than what they are, an act of cowardise by the perpetrators.

you say in this post that:

''I didn't make any assumptions at all'

but its a matter of record that you said in your previous post:

''he must've pissed off someone big time'' & ''something explicitly premeditated and not without reason''

these were unneccesary and inflammatory statements that were not based on the facts to hand at the time of posting but were your sole ASSumptions and were directed at the victim to try to apportion some blame for the incident.

even in this post you are still making unfounded ASSumptions:

''i said that he must have pissed off someone - ''which is very likely''

the real crux of this matter is this;

whatever he did or didn't do, can there really be an excuse in anyone heres rational for four young men beating a 50 year old man with rocks?

maybe its acceptable behaviour in your schoolyard aaaaaa but not in mine

I Hope the victim gets better soon and his family have some closure to what happened.

As for the majority of comments on here .........wow speechless seems to be a lot of testosterone in here,

Johnnie in Bkk is simply stating that if you keep yourself to yourself and avoid such areas you are unlikely to have any issues.

I have been attacked twice in 11years in Thailand,One time i was visiting an old college in Pattaya took me to walking street and yes i was mugged.

Another time was in patpong when a client took me there iI refused to take a girl in a club as im happily married( in fact wife was with us) and the bouncer give me a dig. In both cases i put it down to being in a undesirable area late at night.same anywhere in the world I guess.

Just my humble opinion.

nobody deserves this!!

there is a well known Thai owner of a UK football club that seems to be receiving adoration for very similar indiscretions, but thats how PC England has become.

I don't think you can compare the reaction to one man who is a billionaire.

Edited by philliphn

name='philliphn' post='1824615' date='2008-02-18 07:57:09'

Got to pull you on this.

Thais do, do the same in my country.

The uk is one of the most multiracial societies in the world.

Plenty of Thaïs over here with lots of money in there pockets.

Swaggering around. (we don't bash them with rocks for it)

Think one even owns a football club, but the name escapes me.

BTW plenty of Thaïs with money in Thailand who look down there noses at fellow Thais with no money.

Your comparisons are not that good mate.

But you could sum up your post in one word for the Thaïs .

Jealousy. Jealous of falangs and Thais, it just eats them up.

There's more good falangs, rich and respectful in Thailand than bad.

Wish I could say the same for Pattaya.

this is not directed at the unfortunate guy the thread is about.

Hope he makes a full recovery soon.

you beat me to it timekeeper.

Though of course their are some Thais who are very wealthy. Taksin Shinawatra, a billionaire, who bought a football team, is not typical or a fair average example of anything. I myself don't personally know any billionaires.

We are talking about Pattaya.

By the way I love Pattaya.

It is true that the rich any where have a tendency to look down on the poor.

Of course bashing people with rocks is wrong any where in the world.

Where I am from in the USA the big city 50 miles from where I live is called Detroit. If you want to look up Detroit's statistics, when it comes to violence, you would find frightening numbers. I have read many posts from Thai Visa members from the UK. They say that their own home towns are more dangerous and violent then what they see in Pattaya. For example the UK is infamous for the foot ball lager louts. When I read about attacks on any one. I am very concerned about the victims. Their are some root causes to violence. We should look at them and try to comprehend. Though nothing justifies unprovoked violent attacks. These can happen to any one.

Your observation that jealousy has something to do with a lot of the violence has a lot of truth to it. But we can examine this further and more deeply.

I don't think you would find the very large numbers of visitors or the same situation in the UK as you do in Pattaya.

Pattaya is unique.

People who are drunk are often not on their best behavior. Their are many drunken intoxicated people in Pattaya both "farang" and Thai. This in itself will lead to problems.

Edited by philliphn

i have not read all the posts on this so it may be known.

NOT HIS FAULT

the foreigner did not get klobbered for being an ass, he was thumped by a pimp. seems the thai man did not like his puxxy and beer money taken from him (he "stole" the thai 'man's' woman - so 'stoopid farang' got a bashing (becasue all thai men know they can bash farang and get away with it). this came from a thai friend.

did they catch them? no

did they catch the men on walking st that had beaten the 3 estonians - no

more and more of these very violent attempted murders against foreigners (center city) no one held accountable - and the foreigner not at fault.

im outta here.

Edited by luumak

all of you who THINK you know thailand and asia -know nothing about it. otherwise, youd know its open season on farang. the guys that REALLY know are quite aware you can get bashed for nothing. forget the muggings.

the sheer number of assualts (and those are only reported) as well as the violent nature. its far more than giving someone a wack for being out of line.

all those that post about farang 'deserving it' ive been here 8 yrs on/ff plus another 3-4. i cannot think of anything i have ever seen a farang do to warrant the severe beatings as well as the sheer number in this year alone. they are murders that were not completed.

thais will not give you a smack in a bar. they will call their mates and come at you from the back with iron bars and for what - can someone PLEASE remind me what should instill such anger (in a third party no less?).

it reminds me when i was a kid going to mexico. when i was a noob i thought everything was cool. then, i wised up and saw a darker side. then, i thought i understood it and it was all under control. then i realized that if i put myself in vulnerable positions i could be bashed no matter what i thought i knew about the country/scene. your comfort level of places lulls one into a FALSE sense of security. note: false

i know pattaya well and can tell you a monumental change has taken place here in three years and im not talking a building boom. yes, it never was angelville, surely. but there is a total coarsening of people here, men AND women. the absolute worst thais have migrated here for your fast cash and they will happily kill you for it. even the bar girls will send a moto driver after you if they feel they did not get their due.

people forget how poor and desparate many of these people are. how fast and easy robbing and thuggery is and how the police do not care what happens to stoopid farang or anyone else for that matter. they are running their own games, youre in the way making problems... the worst mafia, the cops.

i now look at almost all thais with a great deal of suspicion - all.

yes i am leaving ... 30 days. i will go to ______ and if that does not work _____ but i will not come back to pattaya ever and its doubtful thailand as well.

after 15 years, i have lost faith in thai people 'to do the right thing'. that is a big loss of faith. i cannot say this about any other people in the 36 nations i have lived and traveled.

thais do not like foreigners and it is very appearant to anyone that has any sort of perceptive abilities.

but i know ...oh not YOU. you have it covered -BAH. your turn is coming, just like the wandering guy who got thugged on beach road a few days back.

ask yourself IF this WERE to happen to me. what would i do? answer...nothing. go to hospital, pray you dont die. no cops, no help from watching farang, from watching thais. go home alone -

i bet those estonians are still laid up in hospital.

its murder - plain simple. pattaya is finished. whether you see it or not. it died in 2004. we are simply living on broken dreams. they are living on our broken bones.

Edited by luumak

Bet your Wife/girlfriend/boyfriend feels real safe around you Jonniebkk. :o

Wow. A real life super -hero.

They probably feel safer with Jonnie than with you.

So whats your views about this then.

Mister school teacher.

To walk away..........Mr. Pig.

You will never win in Thailand.

all of you who THINK you know thailand and asia -know nothing about it. otherwise, youd know its open season on farang. the guys that REALLY know are quite aware you can get bashed for nothing. forget the muggings.

the sheer number of assualts (and those are only reported) as well as the violent nature. its far more than giving someone a wack for being out of line.

all those that post about farang 'deserving it' ive been here 8 yrs on/ff plus another 3-4. i cannot think of anything i have ever seen a farang do to warrant the severe beatings as well as the sheer number in this year alone. they are murders that were not completed.

thais will not give you a smack in a bar. they will call their mates and come at you from the back with iron bars and for what - can someone PLEASE remind me what should instill such anger (in a third party no less?).

it reminds me when i was a kid going to mexico. when i was a noob i thought everything was cool. then, i wised up and saw a darker side. then, i thought i understood it and it was all under control. then i realized that if i put myself in vulnerable positions i could be bashed no matter what i thought i knew about the country/scene. your comfort level of places lulls one into a FALSE sense of security. note: false

i know pattaya well and can tell you a monumental change has taken place here in three years and im not talking a building boom. yes, it never was angelville, surely. but there is a total coarsening of people here, men AND women. the absolute worst thais have migrated here for your fast cash and they will happily kill you for it. even the bar girls will send a moto driver after you if they feel they did not get their due.

people forget how poor and desparate many of these people are. how fast and easy robbing and thuggery is and how the police do not care what happens to stoopid farang or anyone else for that matter. they are running their own games, youre in the way making problems... the worst mafia, the cops.

yes i am leaving ... 30 days. i will go to ______ and if that does not work _____ but i will not come back to pattaya ever and its doubtful thailand as well.

after 15 years, i have lost faith in thai people 'to do the right thing'. that is a big loss of faith. i cannot say this about any other people in the 36 nations i have lived and traveled.

thais do not like foreigners and it is very appearant to anyone that has any sort of perceptive abilities.

but i know ...oh not YOU. you have it covered -BAH. your turn is coming, just like the wandering guy who got thugged on beach road a few days back.

ask yourself IF this WERE to happen to me. what would i do? answer...nothing. go to hospital, pray you dont die. no cops, no help from watching farang, from watching thais. go home alone -

its murder - plain simple. pattaya is finished. whether you see it or not. it died in 2004. we are simply living on broken dreams. they are living on our broken bones.

You should write for " The Sun ". They love stuff like this. :o

Bet your Wife/girlfriend/boyfriend feels real safe around you Jonniebkk. :o

Wow. A real life super -hero.

They probably feel safer with Jonnie than with you.

So whats your views about this then.

Mister school teacher.

To walk away..........Mr. Pig.

You will never win in Thailand.

''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing''-Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Nationalsim: the promotion of Race, Soil and Violence . . . . . etc.

Thai Rak Thai

I remember as a kid when a person from a different country turned up in the community they would be labled a foreigner - 'her daughters married a foreigner' !!

However 50 years on people will identify a person by nationality - thais however will never move from the dark ages it seems, were all still ferangies!

NB Back in the uk any crime against a foreigner will be treated most seriously - its government policy. Government policy here is obviously in need of consideration - but then again the tourist numbers keep going up due to new markets!

Nationalsim: the promotion of Race, Soil and Violence . . . . . etc.

Thai Rak Thai

I remember as a kid when a person from a different country turned up in the community they would be labled a foreigner - 'her daughters married a foreigner' !!

However 50 years on people will identify a person by nationality - thais however will never move from the dark ages it seems, were all still ferangies!

NB Back in the uk any crime against a foreigner will be treated most seriously - its government policy. Government policy here is obviously in need of consideration - but then again the tourist numbers keep going up due to new markets!

good points, misterman21 perhaps theres a fragment of an idea in there.

it might be suggested to the new government that they ought to try to stem the tide of tourist dissenters and dwindling numbers by giving some strong re-assurances to foreign visitors about rising levels of criminals acts against foreigners.

perhaps they should introduce strict sentencing directives to the courts that reflect that any crime committed against a tourist or foreigners living and working here, as a crime against the good name of Thailand and by thereby committing that crime, they bring that ''good name'' of Thailand into disrepute.

sentencing recomendations to judges should be that crimes against foreigners should attract double the normal sentences and that capital crimes should receive a mandatory death sentence, wether they confess to it or not.

there should be no opportunity to get a commuted sentence by confessing to the crime when the death of a foreigner is involved.

maybe that will make at least some of the criminals think twice about targetting foreigners.

this will send a firm message to its citizens that the Thai government is serious about protecting the 500 billion+ baht a year it takes in from tourism.

whilst on that subject, think about that number 500 billion............

to put it into some perspective :

if it was 1 billion seconds ago it would be 1959

if it were a billion minutes ago Jesus was alive (allegedly)

if it were a billion hours ago our ancestors were living in caves in the stone age

a billion days ago there was nothing on earth that walked on two feet

the USA spends a billion dollars every 8 hours and 20 minutes

Well said,the thais have seem to become bored with us and complacent,.my wife is a lot smarter than me and warned me this was the case, i chose to ignore it,.ive never been mugged or had any violent confrontations,but i know one step out of line and it would raise its ugly head,, only luck im sure, however thailand dosent have its sparkle for me living here anymore so we too are moving back to the uk, and those that will say the uk is not without its problems i say, there is no comparison,funny enough its not only the thais in pattaya that are a problem, it seems most of the farang are scamming or grassing each other to get money to fund their lifestyle etc,.,.i once defended pattaya when someone said it was a shithole, for that i apolagise, it took me a while to see it,but it is,.my wife is so happy our 5 year old isnt going to be brought up here, time to move on,.