English Man Badly Beaten In Soi Beokeow

Pattaya_Fox

Well said,the thais have seem to become bored with us and complacent,.my wife is a lot smarter than me and warned me this was the case, i chose to ignore it,.ive never been mugged or had any violent confrontations,but i know one step out of line and it would raise its ugly head,, only luck im sure, however thailand dosent have its sparkle for me living here anymore so we too are moving back to the uk, and those that will say the uk is not without its problems i say, there is no comparison,funny enough its not only the thais in pattaya that are a problem, it seems most of the farang are scamming or grassing each other to get money to fund their lifestyle etc,.,.i once defended pattaya when someone said it was a shithole, for that i apolagise, it took me a while to see it,but it is,.my wife is so happy our 5 year old isnt going to be brought up here, time to move on,.

aside from missing his valuable contributions to this forum, its a very sad endictment of the current situation in Pattaya, that one of lifes gentleman feels that he has to leave this country and return home for his and his families security.

anyone who knows Mike will know how much he has contributed to the financial well being of this country and will know that he deserves better than to be driven out by Thai and Farang assh*les

good luck Mike

i hope all goes well for you

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that Mike

if I remember right , you have a business over here.

Sorry its got to much, so you feel the need to abandon the dreams you

Must have had, for you and your family in Thailand.

Hope it alL works out in the uk. :o

Chohk Dee

Edited by plasticpig

Sorry to hear that Mike

if I remember right , you have a business over here.

Sorry its got to much, so you feel the need to abandon the dreams you

Must have had, for you and your family in Thailand.

Hope it alL works out in the uk. :o

Chohk Dee

Thanks buddy, the business side is fine apart from the dealing with some thais ! which i couldnt avoid,and it would be off topic to discuss that,.i have set up the business whilst here and can run it from the uk so fingers crossed,. nowheres perfect as we know ,but i could never imagine being buried in thailand..theyd probably build a 7/11 on my grave after 12 months !

Various points - not to do with the attack on the Brit, but comments on other posts.

Soi Buakheow - this street varies from one end to the other. Near Pattaya Klang it is shops and hotel(s) and fairly respectable. Then go round a couple of bends and I have found the locals to be very aggressive. Go further on and we come to the LK Metro / Soi Chaiyapoon / Soi Lenki area, which is fine during the day, but fills with barbarians (not the ones in black and white hoops) in the evenings. And then moving further on towards Pattaya Tai we have a lot of low-rent rooms and cheap bars, where a lot of retirees seem to congregate. I would expect the attack to have happened around the LK Metro area, but have not found any reference.

Second point, my wife refers to me as "My Farang" not my husband, when talking to friends. But in e-mails to me it is always "My Husband". So this farang thing is between Thais. As is "Pakis" between Brits and the N word still in use in American vernacular. And what is wrong with 'Paki'? Baluchis come from Baluchistan, Tadjiks from Tadjikistan, Afghans from Afghanistan, so on. This was PC at it's most lunatic.

Third point. I am discussing with my wife as to whether we should move to Hua Hin, or Krabi or such, or go to UK. We have two kids and I do not want them to be teenagers in Pattaya.

not too good a week for ting-tong farangs in LOS...what with the rub-outs of those two canadians and now the attack on this chap. dopey foreigners and low-class thais are definitely a combustible mix. that's where most of this conflict arises from IMHO.

in 10 years in LOS...have never had a serious conflict with the locals...but i speak some thai, know their customs, am aware of the very limited reasoning ability of the uneducated classes (which is who most visitors to LOS interact with), and am non-confrontational in the extreme.

works for me :lol:

So you keep your confrontational attitude for the net! You act as judge condeming the ferang guy without any knowledge of the facts. Who deserves to be severley beat abut the head? Is this the law of the jungle - if so you obviously accept it on behalf of these violent thai cowards.

The worst kind of residents here are wannabe thais - flip flop wearing, som tam eating haters of their own culture. Or classified in any political system as traitors

why are these people the worst kind of residents?...........when in rome..... english culture is in rapid decline. try living in london,.....probably where you belong.

Various points - not to do with the attack on the Brit, but comments on other posts.

Soi Buakheow - this street varies from one end to the other. Near Pattaya Klang it is shops and hotel(s) and fairly respectable. Then go round a couple of bends and I have found the locals to be very aggressive. Go further on and we come to the LK Metro / Soi Chaiyapoon / Soi Lenki area, which is fine during the day, but fills with barbarians (not the ones in black and white hoops) in the evenings. And then moving further on towards Pattaya Tai we have a lot of low-rent rooms and cheap bars, where a lot of retirees seem to congregate. I would expect the attack to have happened around the LK Metro area, but have not found any reference.

Second point, my wife refers to me as "My Farang" not my husband, when talking to friends. But in e-mails to me it is always "My Husband". So this farang thing is between Thais. As is "Pakis" between Brits and the N word still in use in American vernacular. And what is wrong with 'Paki'? Baluchis come from Baluchistan, Tadjiks from Tadjikistan, Afghans from Afghanistan, so on. This was PC at it's most lunatic.

Third point. I am discussing with my wife as to whether we should move to Hua Hin, or Krabi or such, or go to UK. We have two kids and I do not want them to be teenagers in Pattaya.

And this doesn't bother you? :o

It is amazing how we continue to get advice from clowns out there about how to avoid violence in Thailand as if they have some magic formula that protects them from assault or injury.

Farangs and Thais are beaten up, robbed and killed with regular monotony in Thailand. How many stories do we have to hear before we start to recognise a pattern?

There are some seriously deluded people here in Thailand and many expat farangs seem to fall into this mindset.

BTW Most Thais are much more acutely aware of the violent nature of society here.

Sure there are some basic precautions that you can take but they may not be enough and don't preclude you from being a victim too.

I have never been attacked in Thailand but am fully aware that violence is part of life here and despite having the best intentions and behaving decently I could easily be another victim.

How about a little bit of compassion for a 50 year old guy who was attacked and beaten with stones by a bunch of young guys in the early hours of the morning.

It could just as easily be anyone of us here too.

Your post should be required reading for anyone moving to Thailand. It always amazes me when Westerners think Thailand is so safe. Sure, random attacks on Westerns may appear to be rarer here (though don't tell that to the Canadians), but crazy over reactions for the smallest incident leading to serious injury or death are all too common. You'll notice Thais are under no illusion about their society and the level of violence here.

And this doesn't bother you? :o

Not at all. It is local convention.

not too good a week for ting-tong farangs in LOS...what with the rub-outs of those two canadians and now the attack on this chap. dopey foreigners and low-class thais are definitely a combustible mix. that's where most of this conflict arises from IMHO.

in 10 years in LOS...have never had a serious conflict with the locals...but i speak some thai, know their customs, am aware of the very limited reasoning ability of the uneducated classes (which is who most visitors to LOS interact with), and am non-confrontational in the extreme.

works for me :o

So you keep your confrontational attitude for the net! You act as judge condeming the ferang guy without any knowledge of the facts. Who deserves to be severley beat abut the head? Is this the law of the jungle - if so you obviously accept it on behalf of these violent thai cowards.

The worst kind of residents here are wannabe thais - flip flop wearing, som tam eating haters of their own culture. Or classified in any political system as traitors

why are these people the worst kind of residents?...........when in rome..... english culture is in rapid decline. try living in london,.....probably where you belong.

I agree that english culture is not only in decline but mostly gone - however to defend the obvious wrongs of another race is just wrong ( 2 wrongs dont make a right!)

London no dear, not me dear - how very dare you!

furbie: your judgement errors in a fatal way. thailand is sold as....'paradise', the land of smiles, polite thai culture (ack!), like everything in thailand - it always falls short the mark ... to make this point i was returning to pattaya from bkk on a bus this morning. theer was a stoopid farang and his mate to my side. he was reading 'retire in PARADISE'. while grooving on my ipod i amused myself reading the trash in the book to my right. it was oozing about a nation brimming with good people, good times and good fortune. milk and honey! scant little was paid to th edownside and when it was it was very brief and to the point. none of what i saw remotely reflects what is going on in pattaya today. noone here is 'overreacting' i can say with much certianity that 80% of this crap going on in pattaya would never happen outside pattaya. in fact, the guy that got wacked on beach road made front page of a bkk newspaper.

bangkok, big bad bangkok is FAR more civilized than this toilet. upon my return today - 5 minutes. i was hassled by the <deleted> songtaew driver for FORTY BAHT, got off at modern for shopping (hassled by some ass of a tailor), was almost run over by a songtaew on beach road and a thai woman literally bumped into me on the way home - in my own soi i have lived for years (get out of my way farang!). pattaya, violence, stress, hassles and SCAMS and its really bad [theft] when you resort to scamming local farang! bangkok (even up around soi3-bumrungrad) was way more laid back. in fact, cut out soi 4 and all bangok, even with its traffic is 500% more pleasant.

yes, thailand (phils, cambo) at its core has a violent side but what is going on here is very dark. there is a real seething hatred. no one bargained for abashing while on holiday or moving to PARADISE.

some final points: i stated that tehre was no other nation i lost faith in to 'do the right thing'. on second thought, morocco and i found greece pretty 'greasy', but still, the latter peoples would imo 'do the right thing'. yes, there are many bad farang but this is only another reason to go.

*shall we not forget the poor thai woman shot in the gut a few weeks (near fatal). boyfriend owed a mere 30k. thug stuck a gun in HER window (not his) and shot randomly. life is cheap.

Edited by luumak

I am his daughter!! I do not know why it happened but would love to know!!!

I don't see my dad very often as i live in Spain and he in England,

he is not an aggresive person and would'nt go out looking for trouble,

but to think he could of been killed for nothing, i spoke to him and he said he did'nt do anything to anyone!!

just hope they get the scumbags who could do somthing like this!!

do you live in Thailand tattoodrob, if so would it be possible if you could keep me updated on this case,

i feel so bad as would go over but have a small baby!

sorry i called you his son.....just presumed.

im afraid it is very very doubtful if they will be caught....if someone got the car number then could progress but not sure the police are motivated to follow up as they will just think the farang(your dad) must have deserved it......if your dad has some spare cash then he could offer a reward to the policeman that catches them....thats the way it works out here :o but if no car number and absolutely no known reason for the attack then must have been a mistaken identity and even less likely to catch them .

perhaps your dad was so drunk he may have offended someone just prior to the attack and not remembered doing it......when i get extremely drunk i sometimes forget what i have done when i wake up the next day .....or maybe your dad dont wanna upset you by telling you what he might have done to upset somebody......some things you dont tell a daughter!!whatever the reason if there was one then he didnt deserve an attempted murder attack which is what it is.

yes i live in pattaya and would keep you updated but i think your dad is in the better position to do this or has he got some mates he is here with...some proper mates i mean ,not pattaya drinkin buddies then maybe they could follow up at the police station.if you would like me to go talk to your dad then pm me and i will try and help him with this incident as much as i can.

im afraid this website is good at informing any incidents quickly but its not easy to get the follow up report ....mainly because there is no follow up ie no action by the cops.this is why i asked you if you had any info as to why it happened so could shed some light on it.

i hope he makes a full recovery and puts it behind him........a similar thing has happened to me here in the past ........some thais are trouble makers and just dont like farangs(us) and we are not in the uk so have to put up with the way it works out here ie there is no real help/support when things go pear shaped.......its a money driven town so if your dad wants to sort it then would cost a fair bit to get a thai cop to chase this up.

Two arrested following recent stone attack on English man.

Last Wednesday we reported on an attack on an English Man in Soi Beokeow, Mr. Roger Parker aged 50. He was attacked by two men with stones who had pulled up in a black car beside the victim. A Police investigation began and the identity of the two attackers was soon determined. Arrest warrants for Khun Sompong aged 35 and Khun Yutapoom aged 24 were issued and the pair were arrested on Tuesday which was quickly followed by a press conference at Pattaya Police Station led by Police Colonel Nopadon. The pair explained to officers that an incident occurred in the car park of the Interpol Hotel in Soi Diana Inn at a mobile Cocktail Van, relating to a disagreement over football teams. It appears that Mr. Parker overheard the two Thai Men speaking about Liverpool Football Club. Mr. Parker approached the two men and indicated he disliked Liverpool Football Team. A verbal altercation which almost led to a fist fight continued for some time before Mr. Parker and his friends left. The two suspects were angry and decided to follow Mr. Parker in their car and conducted the attack using stones rapped in plastic bags close-by in Soi Beokeow. The pair are now facing assault charges and will appear in Court early next week.

post-15964-1203509664_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1203509678_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1203509687_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1203509698_thumb.jpg

Pattaya City News

20-02-08

han,this is good news that they have caught the idiots........ i guess someone did get the cars number or his friends were more helpful with info given to the police .......im surprised your father didnt remember having a big argument with some drunk thais before the incident!!!! i thought there must be some reason rather than totally mistaken identity and it is a shame that these things happen but drunk thais go completely over the top as in this case.i hope they get done for attempted murder but i doubt it......the length of judicial punishment varies greatly in these incidents and it would be good if and when you find out that you can post here and give us the news or we will never know.........if the thais have money then they will be out quicker for sure but i hope they both do some time inside there nasty prisons here.

It appears that Mr. Parker overheard the two Thai Men speaking about Liverpool Football Club. Mr. Parker approached the two men and indicated he disliked Liverpool Football Team.

Why would you face up to two guys who are having a private conversation and butt in with opposing views......

If it is true, then he is a tosser.

Why wouldnt you leave well enough alone....

Unless the victim can understand and speak Thai I think the thugs story is bullsh*t. The Thais certainly wouldn't be conducting their conversation with each other in English.

All he needed to hear was Liverpool footbon....and the way they were speaking to determine they followed Liverpool FC....If he didnt like the club he should have kept his opinions to himself.

Unless the victim can understand and speak Thai I think the thugs story is bullsh*t. The Thais certainly wouldn't be conducting their conversation with each other in English.

All he needed to hear was Liverpool footbon....and the way they were speaking to determine they followed Liverpool FC....If he didnt like the club he should have kept his opinions to himself.

Perhaps he should'nt have butted in (if he did of course) but talking about football is a worldwide thing - Football banter = the universal language - My only real reason to communicate with Thai men stems from their choice of football shirt and has always been well received. I have also stated my dislike for Liverpool FC but have never as yet been beaten up - Perhaps its the way you say it.

Whilst I do enjoy the delights of Pattaya ocassionally, the Farangs (The visible minority) and Thai's you get in and around the infamous Soi's are as my lady would say 'Low card'

:o

Just watched the footage on Sophon TV the thai guy in the yellow t shirt appears to have a Liverpool badge on it........which would lend some weight to their story that there was a disagreement over football.

That said they deserve everything they hopefully are going to get.

Over football, I can't believe it.

Han is this true.

I can funnily enough, these punks probably just lost a load of money on a game and didnt want their nose rubbed in it,..ive never been a football supporter, hate the game and dont understand the almost war like riots it can cause,. the thais on the other hand bet on it, and i know first hand there is large amounts of money involved,.seems like along with smoking ,football can be bad for your health, a sad case that you cant shout about the team you support, ill stick to motorcycling,. Edited by mikethevigoman

Somebody perhaps makes a comment about football and is chased down and beaten with rocks for it.

The joke of this is not that it happened - that is sad enough.

The real joke (laugh to keep from crying) is

1) how often things like this happen here,

2) how rarely one is held truly accountable,

3) what percentage of the population is capable of these kinds of acts

and/or sympathetic to the attackers.

Thailang they are, and Thailang they shall remain.

Edited by MrOzark

From the story received thus far....

Two Thais were talking about their football team (Liverpool FC)...in a private conversation.

Drunken English man overhears them and aggressively butts in telling them that their team is <deleted> and his team is better....

They track him down and give him a hiding.

This could well have happened in the UK....He had no right to butt in and impose his views on the two Thais in an aggressive manner. This doesnt mean that the Thais have an excuse, they went beyond a reasonable response.

BUT!!!

If he had not involved himself then this would never have happened. Therefore he has to accept his portion of responsibilty and hopefully he has learnt a lesson in good manners.

Two Thais were talking about their football team (Liverpool FC)...in a private conversation.

Drunken English man overhears them and aggressively butts in telling them that their team is <deleted> and his team is better....

From the story received thus far....ALLEGEDLY and then only if you are naive enough to believe the known to be unreliable local rag and the story from two cowardly thugs who are facing an attempted murder charge

i mean, Thais are not generally known for lying are they?

i stand corrected about the information that was fed to me from my friends girlfriend. she works in a salon in the area and usually is pretyy spot on in ths regard.

nevertheless, while th eguy is an absolute idiot for even speaking to these two thugs, i think my two prior posts are even more vaild.

man thugged with a bag of rocks over some verbal altercation minutes before regarding a FOOTBALL TEAM - which IS NOT EVEN THAI.

Now it is clear to all - speak ill to any thai man, however minor and you endanger your life. you are warned.

the local people in this town are very, very dangerous.

From the story received thus far....ALLEGEDLY and then only if you are naive enough to believe the known to be unreliable local rag and the story from two cowardly thugs who are facing an attempted murder charge

i mean, Thais are not generally known for lying are they?

They are facing assault charges not attempted murder according to the report....stop being a drama queen. :o

Unless Mr Parker comes up with an alternative story then the allegedly becomes fact. So far we have heard nothing of his story even though he had friends with him. Dont you think it strange that his friends did nothing, said nothing ??

Thais are not generally known for lying ??.....I cant see why people who have such a low opinion of Thais even bother going there let alone live there. Thai people lie no less or no more than other races.

Edited by gburns57au

i found this on another forums and it relates to the rock on the head story .

quote >>>>>

A friend of mine has recently moved to Pattaya and opened a bar with his Thai girlfriend of 6 years.

He has had some experience of running a bar and night club in Southend Essex. He isnt gambling his life savings on the bar either .

He sold a house he had previously rented out, he still owns a property in Southend which is rented out now.

His bar is in Soi Buakhao Pattaya. I havent been to Pattaya for a while and dont think I have had the pleasure of visiting Soi Buakhao. He says that it is an area with a lot of long term expats, a market which can give a steady but undramatic return.

He has ploughed about 2 million baht in to the business and has it decked out nice. Things have been going well since he opened in July and he has built up some regulars.

Problems started in December 07. He was visited by some English gentlemen who made it clear that they wanted cash and that if he did not pay them what they were after there would be problems. He told them to f off. Nothing happened for a week.

Since then there has been intimidation 3 or 4 times a week invloving the farangs and Thais.

It has escalated, last week a farang who had visted his bar was attacked by Thais with rocks. The farang was badly injured and I believe the Thais have been caught but have been released on bail.

The Thais are in the employ of these English guys, my friend has described the guys extorting the money as from London originally and aged about 45.

They have been in Pattaya for a long time and have boasted that they are untouchable as long as they dont effect Thais.

My friend is beside himself and his girlfriend terrified. They are looking for 40 000 baht per month. They say the longer my friend prevaricates the more expensive it will get for him.

As I said I dont know much about Pattaya and the workings, in Samui this doesnt happen or at least I have never heard about it

I have tentatively said he should approach a senior Pattaya officer but my friend doesnt want to be looking over his shoulder the whole time.

He is talking about offering them 20 k per month, I think this is bad idea but its easy to say this when you are not in the postion he is.

manchester Dave

unquote