Visa while in thailand

I am an American aged 24 whose been in Bangkok for 10 months and is about to start studying for a MBA here in August. Right now, I have a visa upon entering (30-day) and need to get a non-immigrant visa. I want to know if there is any way I can get the visa while in Bangkok and then just make a border run to activate it or some scenario as easy as that. I would really appreciate any info to help me out in this situation.

Thanks

George this is urgent.  I need to know something fast!  I just got as follows:   1 year Non-Immigrant B Multi-Visa.

What do I do now.  Do I have to make a Visa Border run every 90 days, and do I have to check in to some police every 90 days.

Also I am going in for business trip this time and returning back here for a couple months (usa) and then returning back to thailand.  Is this considered one visa run to the Thai authorities?

Need to have this answer now.

Would appreciate it and still waiting for you to send me your e-mail addy so i can send you the Hospital information.

???   :blues:

George this is urgent.

This isn't George but perhaps he can just agree or change below.

You have to leave Thailand every 90 days or less.  As you will not stay longer than 90 days you do not have to do an address report.  You just travel like any other traveler but get stamped for 90 days stay each time.

Your trip will be a trip.  Nothing more or less.  The multi entry function of your visa allows as many of these as you want to make during the time it is valid (one year).  Each new entry starts the 90 day cycle, as shown on your new entry stamp.

Hi lopburi3,

what if i have a 1 year Non-Immigrant ED Multi-Visa, can I do the same as suggested by you? The ED is actually the category, but I am not sure what it means and I did have a 3 months entry when I first arrived.

thanks

what if i have a 1 year Non-Immigrant ED Multi-Visa, can I do the same

Yes.  As long as you are 'using' the visa you just come and go as you wish and stay up to 90 days.  If you extend the visa in country it you would not longer be controlled by the visa but by the new 'stay until' date and would have not report address/obtain re entry permit for travel.