Was Refused 1 Year Extension Without Teacher's Licence

davidhagan

I have noted that every time the PGCE is talked about there is often the mention that it should be 1 year long.

I am rushing to get mine finished and will have completed it in about 8 months - assuming I pass everything else.

Will it be long enough?

Anybody got any ideas about this?

My work experience is mostly as a volunteer teacher without a WP.

I have now stopped this, as I found out it was illegal and that I could be deported.

Can I still use this as proof of experience?

Could I shot myself in the foot by mentioning it?

Anybody any ideas about this?

Posters are responding on " the other teachers website " about 1 year extensions being granted today and yesterday at imm offices ( Samat Prakhan ) with no issues at all.

It's also quite strange how the reports of not getting the extension here and on the other site are made mainly by noobs. Sure there's always going to be problems with a Thai Government Office but strange how teachers who have never belonged to a Teaching forum, get knocked back for an extension, then join a teaching forum and tell the world - strange!

Posters are responding on " the other teachers website " about 1 year extensions being granted today and yesterday at imm offices ( Samat Prakhan ) with no issues at all.

It's also quite strange how the reports of not getting the extension here and on the other site are made mainly by noobs. Sure there's always going to be problems with a Thai Government Office but strange how teachers who have never belonged to a Teaching forum, get knocked back for an extension, then join a teaching forum and tell the world - strange!

Hmmm, l have been on the forum since January 2006 and have 298 posts. But you are right I am probably just a KNOB with nothing better to do than start stupid rumors! While there will always be problems at Government offices, I can assure you that the government office I have been getting extensions at for the past 3 years have said no TL no extension. I am speaking for Trang and no where else.

meme, you are not a newbie, and I think 'noob' was not meant as 'knob,' especially if you are female and Loaded is British. :o

Most of the Thai TEFL forums have evolved into old boys' networks, of guys who are so firmly entrenched in a given province that they are almost on a first name basis with the officers (if they even see the officers). Newbies are left out in the sun to bake for two or three years. I got out of the sun.

• 1 year later...

I am hearing this issue is coming up again. I was told that teachers must have a 2 year teacher license exempt form... of course I've heard that the schools are needing this to be able to hire teachers.

But when I had my fantastic Thai Culture course(last August), they said that things are still pretty much a mess... but I didn't hear anyone say we must posess this letter. I've asked my previous school and they won't give it to teachers, "Its not for teachers"... bs...

anyway has anyone heard the status of this?

Re-open an issue for the coming new terms.

I am hearing this issue is coming up again. I was told that teachers must have a 2 year teacher license exempt form... of course I've heard that the schools are needing this to be able to hire teachers.

But when I had my fantastic Thai Culture course(last August), they said that things are still pretty much a mess... but I didn't hear anyone say we must posess this letter. I've asked my previous school and they won't give it to teachers, "Its not for teachers"... bs...

anyway has anyone heard the status of this?

Re-open an issue for the coming new terms.

This is a thread 1 1/2 years old and the newbies davehagan and toffee unsurprisingly seemed to disappear from this board after making their contributions!!!!

Most teachers have renewed or are in the process of renewing for the new academic year and it seems that worst case scenario is that a temporary TL is required. Temporary TL can be obtained by your school by writing a short little note to the TCT. Of course, different offices, different days, different experiences.

Edited by Loaded