Australian Woman Abducted And Gang Raped In Pattaya

taxexile

Like I say, all that THEORY is great...especially back in a women's studies course in Farangland but nobody here gives a d*mn about it. If a woman chooses to get on the back of a strange man's motorcycle and it later turns out that something unfortunate happened, she will not find much sympathy among local men or women.

She can certainly stand on Beach Road, on a box, and shout out to all who will listen that it was her choice and right to do what she did if that makes her feel better :o

I know of no theories of any sort, be it in any farangland or in thailand. unfortunately I speak from personal encounters with women who have had those misfortunes. and just cos 'you' clearly dont give a 'da*n' as you put it, does not mean others dont. again unfortunately it is often people with your kind of attitude who get put in charge of dealing with the cases. a woman raped by her husband is either something that cannot exist, as according to them...him being her husband it CANNOT be rape. if not that...then she must have angered him ...so go home and cook him a nice dinner tonight so you dont anger him.

re your above statement...its not about what makes her feel better. but seems u cannot get the notion of equal respect. so I wont bother continuing this discussion with you.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if calling for equal respect makes me a feminist, then add to the list of feminists of the world.

regardless of the event that took place, even if she did go with the men voluntarily, even if she did want to have some fun for the night when she decided to go with them, if in the end she refused /changed her mind about wanting sex, and they still did it anyway, would still be rape. whatever happened to freedom of choice, a woman's choice to say no....(yes even if initially she said yes) and the men's respect of her decision?

Like I say, all that THEORY is great...especially back in a women's studies course in Farangland but nobody here gives a d*mn about it. If a woman chooses to get on the back of a strange man's motorcycle and it later turns out that something unfortunate happened, she will not find much sympathy among local men or women.

She can certainly stand on Beach Road, on a box, and shout out to all who will listen that it was her choice and right to do what she did if that makes her feel better :o

So if a strange women got on the back of a bike with you would you feel it's acceptable to have sex with her, regardless of whether she said no?

How would you feel if it was a relative? Would you have sympathy then?

It is the capitalistic society in which we live that holds crimes against property to be as great, or greater, than crimes against the person.

Then why do crimes against the person (murder, rape, serious assault, robbery) all attract higher maximum (and usually actual) sentences, than crimes against property (burglary, theft)?

When prosecuted.

First the crime is reported, then statements taken (if the perpetrators are found) and then put before the filtering entity (Crown Prosecution Service / District Attorneys Office / Procurator Fiscal / other) and then a decision is made as to whether to proceed with the case.

Great effort is made to extradite three Brits to the US for embezzling money. Slap on the wrist for men in Iraq who have killed, raped and tortured. OK, one or two prosecuted, but far more who have carried out these heinous acts.

It is the capitalistic society in which we live that holds crimes against property to be as great, or greater, than crimes against the person.

Then why do crimes against the person (murder, rape, serious assault, robbery) all attract higher maximum (and usually actual) sentences, than crimes against property (burglary, theft)?

When prosecuted.

First the crime is reported, then statements taken (if the perpetrators are found) and then put before the filtering entity (Crown Prosecution Service / District Attorneys Office / Procurator Fiscal / other) and then a decision is made as to whether to proceed with the case.

Great effort is made to extradite three Brits to the US for embezzling money. Slap on the wrist for men in Iraq who have killed, raped and tortured. OK, one or two prosecuted, but far more who have carried out these heinous acts.

Not exactly ordinary cases though were they, as the decisions taken were politically driven. The police and prosecution services do treat crimes against the person more seriously than crimes against the property. An assault/robbery/rape/murder will almost always lead to the offender (if identified and with evidence available) being charged and receiving a more serious sentence, whereas a theft, or even a burglary, will quite often be dealt with by a caution or, in the event of a court appearance, a conditional discharge/community sentence.

The photo alone defames Thailand by clearly showing the professionalism of the Thai police. Defamation charges should be laid against the indifferent cop lounging with the smug look on his face.

Totally agree, if that is the level of care and compassion displayed no wonder she got out off here asap. The Thai police will no doubt interrogate her Thai companion and he will be persuaded to back the police version.

I hope she contacts the Aussie Embassy and they take up the case.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering, have the police involved now being charged with making false accusations aganist the poor rape victim? I hope the Australian authorities at the highest level of government are pressuring their counterparts in Thailand. And where is coverage from CNN and other news organisations?

Just wondering, have the police involved now being charged with making false accusations aganist the poor rape victim? I hope the Australian authorities at the highest level of government are pressuring their counterparts in Thailand. And where is coverage from CNN and other news organisations?

Coverage of what ? An alleged rape of a person that (with her friends) skipped town immediately afterwards without paying their hotel bills and hasn't been seen or heard from since then ? A person who's story apparently didn't match the facts (based on times and locations). Who supposedly is seen on security CCTV recordings waving a friendly good-bye from her hotel room to her alleged attackers ?

You expect the Australian Government (at the highest levels) to take this matter up with the Thai authorities ? To what end ? So that (maybe) the Thai government will enact laws that require foreigners who are (allegedly) the victims of a crime, to remain in the country (and pay their bills) until such time as the matter has been investigated, charges laid and sentences handed down ?

I would suspect that if this story was true, the (alleged) victim would have gone straight to the press upon her return to Oz and raised some h3ll from the safety of her home country.

Has anyone heard anything from the press in Oz ?

Coverage of what ? An alleged rape of a person that (with her friends) skipped town immediately afterwards without paying their hotel bills and hasn't been seen or heard from since then ? A person who's story apparently didn't match the facts (based on times and locations). Who supposedly is seen on security CCTV recordings waving a friendly good-bye from her hotel room to her alleged attackers ?

You expect the Australian Government (at the highest levels) to take this matter up with the Thai authorities ? To what end ? So that (maybe) the Thai government will enact laws that require foreigners who are (allegedly) the victims of a crime, to remain in the country (and pay their bills) until such time as the matter has been investigated, charges laid and sentences handed down ?

I would suspect that if this story was true, the (alleged) victim would have gone straight to the press upon her return to Oz and raised some h3ll from the safety of her home country.

I must admit your logic is compelling.

I was basing my thoughts on super moderator SBK, who read the newspaper reports and can tell that the police were lying. As a newbie I am trying to fit it: I gather on Thaivisa if a thai and a farang are involved and the Farang is accused, then we should always assume the police are lying or corrupt or inept (unless it is a pedophile farang).

Whatever the case may be, I'll never believe that a 25 year old Australian woman who's not bad looking would ever have to pay three Thai men to have sex with her.

Not on this planet, or a million planets like this, if there are a million planets like this.

Try visiting Bali and see the dozens/hundreds of Australian women paying Bali boys to partner them. Plain Janes still have hormones and paying a few thousand baht while on a weeks hoilday it is not an unreasonable outlay.

I must admit your logic is compelling.

I was basing my thoughts on super moderator SBK, who read the newspaper reports and can tell that the police were lying. As a newbie I am trying to fit it: I gather on Thaivisa if a thai and a farang are involved and the Farang is accused, then we should always assume the police are lying or corrupt or inept (unless it is a pedophile farang).

Your logic is amazing, really. Please point out where I said I knew the police were lying? Also, are you so naive as to believe that the police always tell the truth? No, what I do recall pointing out is how many people scream police incompetence when a farang is found guilty of something but how silent that crowd was here, and assumed that the police were bastions of investigative technique and absolutely correct.

Next time you make assumptions about what people post, perhaps you should re-read their posts more carefully. In fact, looking back I believe I wrote "I'd be very surprised if the police story were true". And then the conclusion you leap to is, well, astounding.

As a newbie I am trying to fit it: I gather on Thaivisa if a thai and a farang are involved and the Farang is accused, then we should always assume the police are lying or corrupt or inept (unless it is a pedophile farang).

You'll find out (when reading posts here on TV) that quite often there are not two sides to any story. There are often 3, 4, 5 or more sides, depending on which version of the event is being discussed (yes, often the same event can have multiple versions too, thanks to our wonderful media. Names, dates, places and other "significant" details will often vary considerably from one media outlet to the next).

You'll also see members of the PDL (Pattaya Defense League) taking up (verbal) arms with all and sundry that would dare to infere that Pattaya isn't the greatest place on earth.

The "rusty razor blade, disembowel, hang, then draw & quarter" brigade that appear whenever a drug dealer or child molester is in the news (and a few that once in awhile try to defend those same miscreants).

Yes, once in awhile the police are actually competent and do their job in a way that most "westerners" would expect (i.e. catching people like Mr Neil and Mr Bout, or somehow managing to catch kathoey pick-pockets within hours of a theft being reported).

Other times, they make you wonder if they are even paying lip service to the crime(s) they are supposed to be investigating. Like everything else, there are often more sides to a story that we never hear about, than what gets ripped to pieces here in these threads.

And (for many of us I imagine) it is far more entertaining than watching Thai soap operas !! :o

You'll find out (when reading posts here on TV) that quite often there are not two sides to any story. There are often 3, 4, 5 or more sides, depending on which version of the event is being discussed (yes, often the same event can have multiple versions too, thanks to our wonderful media. Names, dates, places and other "significant" details will often vary considerably from one media outlet to the next).

You'll also see members of the PDL (Pattaya Defense League) taking up (verbal) arms with all and sundry that would dare to infere that Pattaya isn't the greatest place on earth.

The "rusty razor blade, disembowel, hang, then draw & quarter" brigade that appear whenever a drug dealer or child molester is in the news (and a few that once in awhile try to defend those same miscreants).

Yes, once in awhile the police are actually competent and do their job in a way that most "westerners" would expect (i.e. catching people like Mr Neil and Mr Bout, or somehow managing to catch kathoey pick-pockets within hours of a theft being reported).

Other times, they make you wonder if they are even paying lip service to the crime(s) they are supposed to be investigating. Like everything else, there are often more sides to a story that we never hear about, than what gets ripped to pieces here in these threads.

And (for many of us I imagine) it is far more entertaining than watching Thai soap operas !! :o

Very well put.

The final paragraph is so very true - more so for watching Arabic soaps.

Pattaya is getting to be one bad bad bad place, maybe worthy of a wide berth by Tourists. :D:D:D

Yeah, sod off the lot of ya's :D

Hear hear ! And take all your friends with you ! :D

(I hear Phuket and Chiang Mai are much nicer places for tourists) :o

Pattaya is getting to be one bad bad bad place, maybe worthy of a wide berth by Tourists. :D:D:D

Hear hear ! And take all your friends with you ! :D

Leave Wild Wild Patters to those that can handle it!!!! :D

Hear hear ! And take all your friends with you ! B)

Leave Wild Wild Patters to those that can handle it!!!! :D

(Not to mention that kurgen and britmaveric don't like having any competition when they are performing at Jenny's) :D