Bangkok Football, Beer, Cider And Whisky Night 5

mrtoad

I suppose it has to be done again, so for all you usual lot it looks like Saturday.

Saturday, 23 February 2008

Birmingham v Arsenal, 12:45

Fulham v West Ham, 15:00

Liverpool v Middlesbrough, 15:00

Newcastle v Man Utd, 17:15

Portsmouth v Sunderland, 15:00

Wigan v Derby, 15:00

Now the big question. Where do we go to watch it on Saturday? Suggestions please, and then we can get a table booked.

Possible places -

Soi 8 (although after the treatment by a particular waitress in there the other week, I'm reluctant) :D

The Office - Good screens, food and service. :D according to Chavy :D

Livingstones - Nice bar, good screen, and so comfortable Chavy fell asleep. :o

Londoner - Big and different beers.

Robin Hood - plenty of screeens and different beers.

Any other suggestions?

So far confirmed

mrtoad

macanello

He who shall not be mentioned (from Bolton) :D

Big Toe (hasn't confirmed yet, but does the brown bear shit in the woods?)

Hopefully, might be a couple of others around as well.Any of the girls around this week?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footy mate, afl the greatest game on earth.

You're gonna leave the gun at home i hope :D

Considering he looks like Michael Ryan, I'm not sure that it's safe to go out drinking with him. :o

BTW, weekend warior, there are a number of bars that show AFL in Bangkok, I'd suggest starting out a Downunder bar on Soi 23.

Whats with all the lookalike stuff, first this Nickols character and now Ryan, dunno who Ryan is either. I hope he is a devilishley looking handsome and legend lover like me good self.

Where is down under bar, maybe I should be able to find it by myself as I speak thai very well.

Do many other aussies go there ?

Of course I will leave the guns behind, not allowed to bring them on Qantas. I do carry a knife everywhere I go though, but it is well hidden.

Which team? You may have to explain the rules of this game because to me the aim is to inflict as much GBH on your opponent whilst trying to kick a rugby ball either side of rugby posts....but I am willing to learn :o

Geelong

Port Adelaide

West Coast

Kangaroos

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Sydney Swans

Adelaide

St Kilda

Brisbane Lions

Fremantle

Essendon

Western Bulldogs

Melbourne

Carlton

Richmond

Whats with all the lookalike stuff, first this Nickols character and now Ryan, dunno who Ryan is either. I hope he is a devilishley looking handsome and legend lover like me good self.

Where is down under bar, maybe I should be able to find it by myself as I speak thai very well.

Do many other aussies go there ?

Of course I will leave the guns behind, not allowed to bring them on Qantas. I do carry a knife everywhere I go though, but it is well hidden.

Warrior, Downunder bar is located on Soi 23 Suhumvit, near Soi Cowboy. It's pretty easy to find.

Yes, they show lot's of Sport including AFL, Super 14s etc, etc. You will certainly find plenty of Aussies in there, and the owner not suprisingly is an Ausssie to. The Office on soi 33 also shows AFL games, and again has an Aussie owner.

Which team? You may have to explain the rules of this game because to me the aim is to inflict as much GBH on your opponent whilst trying to kick a rugby ball either side of rugby posts....but I am willing to learn :o

Geelong

Port Adelaide

West Coast

Kangaroos

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Sydney Swans

Adelaide

St Kilda

Brisbane Lions

Fremantle

Essendon

Western Bulldogs

Melbourne

Carlton

Richmond

West Coast for me Chavy, in fact I actually quite like Aussie Rules, sure beats the crap out of that American Rugby game with loads of protection.

Which team? You may have to explain the rules of this game because to me the aim is to inflict as much GBH on your opponent whilst trying to kick a rugby ball either side of rugby posts....but I am willing to learn :D

Geelong

Port Adelaide

West Coast

Kangaroos

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Sydney Swans

Adelaide

St Kilda

Brisbane Lions

Fremantle

Essendon

Western Bulldogs

Melbourne

Carlton

Richmond

West Coast for me Chavy, in fact I actually quite like Aussie Rules, sure beats the crap out of that American Rugby game with loads of protection.

I insist on protection :D

Carlton for me......even though I know nothing about them. I just come from Carlton, a suburb of Nottingham :o , pathetic I know :D

Which team? You may have to explain the rules of this game because to me the aim is to inflict as much GBH on your opponent whilst trying to kick a rugby ball either side of rugby posts....but I am willing to learn :D

Geelong

Port Adelaide

West Coast

Kangaroos

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Sydney Swans

Adelaide

St Kilda

Brisbane Lions

Fremantle

Essendon

Western Bulldogs

Melbourne

Carlton

Richmond

Carlton for me......even though I know nothing about them. I just come from Carlton, a suburb of Nottingham :o , pathetic I know :D

Chavy when are you in Town next, I'm heading to Singapore the weekend after next, so I may bump into the ESPN lads. :D

Geelong

Port Adelaide

West Coast

Kangaroos

Hawthorn

Collingwood

Sydney Swans

Adelaide

St Kilda

Brisbane Lions

Fremantle

Essendon

Western Bulldogs

Melbourne

Carlton

Richmond

Chavy when are you in Town next, I'm heading to Singapore the weekend after next, so I may bump into the ESPN lads. :D

I'm having a jaunt into Pattaya Sat / Sun this weekend, I have a meeting in Sri Racha 10am Monday so can have a blow out this wekend :D , following weekend I suspect Kanchanaburi so I would say the weekend of the 8th (if we don't have the other trip sorted before then :D )

I suppose it has to be done again, so for all you usual lot it looks like Saturday.

Saturday, 23 February 2008

Birmingham v Arsenal, 12:45

Fulham v West Ham, 15:00

Liverpool v Middlesbrough, 15:00

Newcastle v Man Utd, 17:15

Portsmouth v Sunderland, 15:00

Wigan v Derby, 15:00

Now the big question. Where do we go to watch it on Saturday? Suggestions please, and then we can get a table booked.

Possible places -

Soi 8 (although after the treatment by a particular waitress in there the other week, I'm reluctant) :D

The Office - Good screens, food and service. :D according to Chavy :D

Livingstones - Nice bar, good screen, and so comfortable Chavy fell asleep. :o

Londoner - Big and different beers.

Robin Hood - plenty of screeens and different beers.

Any other suggestions?

So far confirmed

mrtoad

macanello

He who shall not be mentioned (from Bolton) :D

Big Toe (hasn't confirmed yet, but does the brown bear shit in the woods?)

Hopefully, might be a couple of others around as well.Any of the girls around this week?

Seng mark B) .

I would defo be up for the week after though :

Saturday, 01 March 2008Arsenal v Aston Villa, 15:00Birmingham v Tottenham, 15:00Derby v Sunderland, 15:00Fulham v Man Utd, 15:00Man City v Wigan, 17:15Middlesbrough v Reading, 15:00Newcastle v Blackburn, 15:00West Ham v Chelsea, 15:00Sunday, 02 March 2008Bolton v Liverpool, 13:30Everton v Portsmouth, 16:00

I'll have to pm you mrtoad and find out the story of the bird at the soi 8 bar. I relly liked that bar and it would be a shame not to go there again.

Have a good one lads :D:D

I'll have to pm you mrtoad and find out the story of the bird at the soi 8 bar. I relly liked that bar and it would be a shame not to go there again.

Forward to me please, i'm a nosey git :o

Not very customer freindly when it came to giving out the tables. Never mind, they missed out on takings, we didn't miss out on beer

Forward to me please, i'm a nosey git :D

Not very customer freindly when it came to giving out the tables. Never mind, they missed out on takings, we didn't miss out on beer

Their loss. It's not as if there is a shortage of alternatives. Just make sure it sells John Smiths draft :o