Stopovers In Dubai , Uae. Taking Medication ?

taxexile

• 4 weeks later...

I have been hearing of this for some time now. That's why i have avoided transiting through the UAE. I have deliberately avoided Abu Dhabi and chosen to fly QATAR passing through Doha. However i doubt if my avoidance of this "snake pit" of a country by using another airline , will make any difference, everybody needs to grow some balls and do the same, then they might start asking questions.

Going through Doha rather than Dubai or Abu Dhabi? They're not exactly known for their forward thinking in Qatar. Whatever you fear in the UAE can you multiply by 10 for Qatar with less chance of getting away with it compared to here in Dubai

• 3 months later...

I have been hearing of this for some time now. That's why i have avoided transiting through the UAE. I have deliberately avoided Abu Dhabi and chosen to fly QATAR passing through Doha. However i doubt if my avoidance of this "snake pit" of a country by using another airline , will make any difference, everybody needs to grow some balls and do the same, then they might start asking questions.

Going through Doha rather than Dubai or Abu Dhabi? They're not exactly known for their forward thinking in Qatar. Whatever you fear in the UAE can you multiply by 10 for Qatar with less chance of getting away with it compared to here in Dubai

I've flown with most of the Middle Eastern airlines, with a considerable amount of medication in my checked luggage and a written, signed letter/prescription in my pocket. I scan a copy before leaving to certain people, just in case it goes missing, it only takes a minute.

However, I've never been stopped/questioned, so don't really know what would happen if they opened the bags.

• 9 months later...

Parents on the more advanced side of the flora/fauna divide would, as would all non-western toddlers, know that poppies are the source of opiates (even the seeds on the disgusting MacDogfoods buns). THC is derived from the Cannabis Sativa plant.

Absolutely stunning!

Imagine just a trace of poppy/THC in your shoe and jail for 4 years!

I will be extra careful now, because I often have a few Xanax/Codeine/Temgesic on me.

Better to leave them in LOS.

However if they caught everyone passing through Dubai the jails would be quickly full.

If it happened to me, I would do the time and then write a book (about it).

Still better forwarned. Thanks!

I think if you did two years in prison in Dubai, you would walk funny and maybe take a few years to get back to normal health. And want to forget about your time in prison.

• 3 months later...

Well, well--many, many thanks for the 'heads-up'--I have been flying Emirates Airlines for more than 10 years, with plenty of Airmiles accrued, and looks like I will never be flying again; I have passed through with prescription drugs, note legally obtained prescription-that is, and never realised what risks I was taking--even flew through there last year with my small daughter and no one else--I dread to think what could have happened--I'm astounded--my sympathies go to the poor unfortuantes who are the ones to whom we owe thanks for this wake up call--a bloody bread roll, what next?

I am now terrified of even thinking of transiting through Dubai and will avoid this airport/country like the plague.