Brits Charged Over Atm Scam

taxexile

Actually the report states that the money was found in the 'family' rooms while the wife was present. And the police claim to have a witness seeing the wife take a bag out of the room and dispose of it. The police claim the bag contained the blank cards & print machine. Sounds quite damning to me. Must check whether innocent until proven guilty is the law of Thailand.

Actually the report states that the money was found in the 'family' rooms while the wife was present. And the police claim to have a witness seeing the wife take a bag out of the room and dispose of it. The police claim the bag contained the blank cards & print machine. Sounds quite damning to me. Must check whether innocent until proven guilty is the law of Thailand.

Yes 'Police claim' and the Thai Police have a fantastic record of getting things right!!! Thai law is completely corrupt as is the government!!!

So she just assumes that the bundles of Thai cash wrapped in rubber bands came from ??? And things like ATM blanks etc in thier luggage when they came out (cos really all us guys do our own packing) were thought of as what ??

Either she has the IQ of a turnip or shes involved.. And you dont gernally have a partner without having at least a basic knowledge of thier lifestyles.

So she just assumes that the bundles of Thai cash wrapped in rubber bands came from ??? And things like ATM blanks etc in thier luggage when they came out (cos really all us guys do our own packing) were thought of as what ??

Either she has the IQ of a turnip or shes involved.. And you dont gernally have a partner without having at least a basic knowledge of thier lifestyles.

Sorry but sounds to me that she was 'stitched up'. I know this girl way too well, and her family too. Sorry but she is no way involved. And you don't always know what your partner is going to be like. That's like saying that women who suffer domestic violence realise their partners are violent!!! Facts can be twisted by the media to make examples of people.... remember that!!

maybe she did not known about the cash and cards in the room (that's why were there, when the police came), but there are independent witnesses to her throwing away something after the warning from her husband - which make her an accomplice in crime.

the arrested has a right to make one phone call from the police station to the traceable number, it was a very generous (and stupid) from the police to allow him to make a phone call from his mobile phone and later losing track of this phone.

most probably the husband did not give the exact instructions (to dispose of the cloning mashine and blank cards) over the phone in the presense of the arresting officers - so she did know previously about the mashine in the room.

she did know about her husband and son disappearing late night and coming back with wads of cash.

the lack of the previous criminal record and the character witnesses statements might give just a lenient sentense

Ok, so let's say the lady was not involved in the actual atm activities. No one saw her and she's innocent until proven guilty etc. However, she did live with the perps and as a result benefited from their proceeds of crime. There are laws against this in her origin country. If my g/f came home with wads of cash or suddenly had money from unknown sources, it would certainly raise my curiousity. She has a lot of explaining to do. I would be surprised if she was clueless as to what her beloved man friend and and son were up to. Sorry, but mom's usually know what's up.

Ok, so let's say the lady was not involved in the actual atm activities. No one saw her and she's innocent until proven guilty etc. However, she did live with the perps and as a result benefited from their proceeds of crime. There are laws against this in her origin country. If my g/f came home with wads of cash or suddenly had money from unknown sources, it would certainly raise my curiousity. She has a lot of explaining to do. I would be surprised if she was clueless as to what her beloved man friend and and son were up to. Sorry, but mom's usually know what's up.

You can live with the purportraitors but that doesn't make you an accessory to the crime. As I said my sister spoke to Ms Champan's sister and she says that she had no idea this was taking place. She hasn't been with this gentleman very long, so in all honesty the only thing she can be guilty of is being naive. She may have had no idea until the phonecall from her partner, I don't know. All I know is that having known this girl for so many years she wouldn't do anything like this. Her partner and son have carried out this crime, so fair enough they deserve to have the book thrown at them, but she shouldn't be made guilty by association and I have no doubt that she didn't do anything.

You can live with the purportraitors but that doesn't make you an accessory to the crime. As I said my sister spoke to Ms Champan's sister and she says that she had no idea this was taking place. She hasn't been with this gentleman very long, so in all honesty the only thing she can be guilty of is being naive. She may have had no idea until the phonecall from her partner, I don't know. All I know is that having known this girl for so many years she wouldn't do anything like this. Her partner and son have carried out this crime, so fair enough they deserve to have the book thrown at them, but she shouldn't be made guilty by association and I have no doubt that she didn't do anything.

Just to add that I want to know where this baby child has come from, considering I have been told tonight her daughter is 8 and is still in the UK??? Just goes to show that you cannot believe all you read people!!! Sorry, but I think that there has been some embelishment on the truth here to make an example of them.

Edited by thesaint04

Sorry, but I think that there has been some embelishment on the truth here to make an example of them.

Oh good, so you agree the truth is being told about this family by the Thai authorities.

No, not at all. As I said before her husband and step son are guilty, not doubt as they were caught in the act. That is undeniable, but sorry I cannot believe that Jenny was at all involved. In fact the only thing she is probably guilty of is being naive. Hopefully the British Embassy will be able to step in and get Jenny sent back home to her family where she belongs. There are some complete morons on here who are attacking this poor girl without knowing the full story. I have already uncovered a lie in that report, so how many more are there?? As I say I reakon the Thai authorities are using this to make an example of British Citizens. I just hope and pray to god that her family get her released. She isn't a criminal!!! How can you believe such a corrupt country anyway???

Well, its a certainty that the Thai authorities will even now be requesting police background checks from their counterparts in the UK.

I think it is quite likely that the cards were skimmed in the UK and then they brought them here to use. That COULD explain why there is no bank card machine found in the hotel. The " black bag " would be of concern to the police though, if the report is true.

If she has no involvement, a clear background check from the UK will help her case, along with statements from the two idiots confirming she knew nothing about what they were up to.

To the " saint04" The reason why many expats get angry at these kind of things is because pretty much they try to live quiet respectable lives in a different country. Reports such as these along with Brit drug pushers and lager louts tars of all us with the same brush, in the eyes of the Thai people.

Edited by stevemiddie

Sorry, but I think that there has been some embelishment on the truth here to make an example of them.

Oh good, so you agree the truth is being told about this family by the Thai authorities.

No, not at all. As I said before her husband and step son are guilty, not doubt as they were caught in the act. That is undeniable, but sorry I cannot believe that Jenny was at all involved. In fact the only thing she is probably guilty of is being naive. Hopefully the British Embassy will be able to step in and get Jenny sent back home to her family where she belongs. There are some complete morons on here who are attacking this poor girl without knowing the full story. I have already uncovered a lie in that report, so how many more are there?? As I say I reakon the Thai authorities are using this to make an example of British Citizens. I just hope and pray to god that her family get her released. She isn't a criminal!!! How can you believe such a corrupt country anyway???

Oh gawd here we go. Next thying you will be setting some website called www.sheisiinocentandthewholeofthailandiscorrupt.com

Your diatribe is based on the fact that your sister knows the sister of the blagger ? And what? She has spoken to her in the last 48 hours has she to get the "truth" from the horses mouth? I heard a rumour from the 3rd cousin of the brother-in law of the niece that they were also planning to steal lollies from the 7-11's while they were there too. So it must be true.

Why is it time after time when these lowlifes get caught red handed we have to put up with this crap about how it is not their fault or it is the authorities that are the crooked ones. No wonder the Thai authorities get pissed off and rightly so too. Luckily this offence occured in LOS where the usual circus of political correctness and legalese rubbish isnt gonna cut any mustard.

Off to the slammer with the blaggers and let em see how real prison time is done. Waste of oxygen all of em.

Oh gawd here we go. Next thying you will be setting some website called www.sheisiinocentandthewholeofthailandiscorrupt.com

Your diatribe is based on the fact that your sister knows the sister of the blagger ? And what? She has spoken to her in the last 48 hours has she to get the "truth" from the horses mouth? I heard a rumour from the 3rd cousin of the brother-in law of the niece that they were also planning to steal lollies from the 7-11's while they were there too. So it must be true.

Why is it time after time when these lowlifes get caught red handed we have to put up with this crap about how it is not their fault or it is the authorities that are the crooked ones. No wonder the Thai authorities get pissed off and rightly so too. Luckily this offence occured in LOS where the usual circus of political correctness and legalese rubbish isnt gonna cut any mustard.

Off to the slammer with the blaggers and let em see how real prison time is done. Waste of oxygen all of em.

Diatribe???? Firstly SIR read my posts. I KNOW THE GIRLS FAMILY and we have been friends for 20 years. She is certainly not the type of girl to do this sort of thing. Secondly my fact are correct as I have met Ms J Champan's daughter and knew she was older than the given age in this report which, in all honesty, is the worse peice of investigative journalism I have ever read. I too would be upset about something like this happening, but I am sorry BUT SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. I suggest sir that you crawl under whatever insignificant rock you crawled under and shove YOUR diatribe and obtuse ramblings up your orifice. I think the name for you sir is anally retentive!! As I said earlier YOU ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY OR HAVE YOU EX PATS FORGOTTEN THAT!!

Edited by thesaint04

Diatribe???? Firstly SIR read my posts. I KNOW THE GIRLS FAMILY and we have been friends for 20 years. She is certainly not the type of girl to do this sort of thing. Secondly my fact are correct as I have met Ms J Champan's daughter and knew she was older than the given age in this report which, in all honesty, is the worse peice of investigative journalism I have ever read. I too would be upset about something like this happening, but I am sorry BUT SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. I suggest sir that you crawl under whatever insignificant rock you crawled under and shove YOUR diatribe and obtuse ramblings up your orifice. I think the name for you sir is anally retentive!! As I said earlier YOU ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY OR HAVE YOU EX PATS FORGOTTEN THAT!!

Been hooking into the sauce bottle a bit have we mate ?

You should volunteer as a character witness for the blaggers when it comes time for sentencing. I am sure the Thai judge will make an extra special effort to show how much the Thais love farang Crooks coming to their country after he has heard your eloquent reasoning for her innocence. :o

Does anyone know how this case is progressing ?? Anyone have any inside information ?

ask and you shall receive...

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Three Brits still in Phuket jail

PHUKET: Phuket Provincial Court has denied bail to a British family charged with bank fraud after they were caught using counterfeit cards to withdraw more than 100,000 baht from a Kasikorn Bank ATM in downtown Phuket City.

Lt Col Chakaphol Suchon of Phuket City Police Station told the Gazette that the three suspects are still being held at Phuket Provincial Prison awaiting their next court appearance.

Suspects Mark Hubert Veerasawmy, 44, his son Sonny, 19, and Jennifer Anne Chapman, 31, were arrested on February 18 after an alert citizen notified police that the father and son were behaving strangely. (Click here for the Gazette’s original report.)

The three, described by police as a family, have refused to give any details about how they obtained the fake bank cards, except to say that they bought them off a man named “Peter”, Lt Col Chakaphol said.

Finding the elder Mr Veerasawmy’s testimony unconvincing, investigators will continue to seek further evidence in the case, he said.

“Their request for bail was denied by the court, which cited the possibility that they would flee the country if released,” Lt Col Chakaphol added.

(phuket gazette)

Does anyone know how this case is progressing ?? Anyone have any inside information ?

ask and you shall receive...

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Three Brits still in Phuket jail

PHUKET: Phuket Provincial Court has denied bail to a British family charged with bank fraud after they were caught using counterfeit cards to withdraw more than 100,000 baht from a Kasikorn Bank ATM in downtown Phuket City.

Lt Col Chakaphol Suchon of Phuket City Police Station told the Gazette that the three suspects are still being held at Phuket Provincial Prison awaiting their next court appearance.

Suspects Mark Hubert Veerasawmy, 44, his son Sonny, 19, and Jennifer Anne Chapman, 31, were arrested on February 18 after an alert citizen notified police that the father and son were behaving strangely. (Click here for the Gazette's original report.)

The three, described by police as a family, have refused to give any details about how they obtained the fake bank cards, except to say that they bought them off a man named "Peter", Lt Col Chakaphol said.

Finding the elder Mr Veerasawmy's testimony unconvincing, investigators will continue to seek further evidence in the case, he said.

"Their request for bail was denied by the court, which cited the possibility that they would flee the country if released," Lt Col Chakaphol added.

(phuket gazette)

Good news at least.

Non co-operation with the police here effectively doubles your sentence!!!!

Carry on bleating boys, carry on bleating and maybe you will not be able to make victims of anybody else for a long time....

I am more interested to know if this pond life can get their usual pile of Legal Advice money here. I do hope not.

I take issue with a few of your comments/observations.

She hasn't been with this gentleman very long

Since they've an eight year old daughter together, your statement is wholly misleading.

All I know is that having known this girl for so many years she wouldn't do anything like this

You didn't know her well enough to know that she had an eight year old daughter or even that she was with this man for at least eight years.

Another thing you may not know is that the girl is a self confessed thief, possibly a kleptomaniac. That fact may have nothing to do with this case, but it is certainly relevant in the light of your attempts to paint her whiter than white.

Her and your protestations are undoubtably caused by the fear of being incarcerated for an extended period in a Thai prison.

I WOULD NOT WANT A 19 YEAR OLD BOY SITTING IN A THAI CELL WITH A BUNCH OF MURDERING'/ RAPE COMMITTING LADY BOYS ON HIS 20TH BIRTHDAY

WHY??? I couldn't think of a better place for the scummy little <deleted> witt to be. If he goes free. he goes back to England even more arrogant and with even less regard for anyone else in society. Or do you believe he will have learned his lesson, go home and become a nice, decent member of his local community? maybe he'll volunteer to do a little Charity work at the local YMCA as well. With a father and an upbringing like that, the boys a wrongen and always will be. Doing time in a proper prison is exactly what he needs, it's just a shame people getting caught in England don't get the same, instead of a few months in a holiday camp.

• 1 month later...