My Partner Has Drinking Problem

NorthernStar

Thank you, everyone.

Well, he rang me the morning after I had moved out - in tears. Kept aplogising to me and all that. Said he wanted me to come back and be friends like before, but not stay with him everyday. :o

And I did go to see him after work, bringing in his favourite Japanese food. I'm still annoyed at my stupidity to these days, honestly. I still went over, but when he didn't want me to go round, I stayed home. And shit hit the fan just a few days later. It was very embarrassing and there was another girl involved. So, we split up.

There was some drama afterwards, but now he is no longer in my life and I've started to bounce back. Mum and I are now closer than before as a result of the whole thing. I am forever thankful for all the support and help from my family, friends, kind people at Al-Anon and everyone of you on here who has helped and given me advices even though we've never met.

God bless you all.

And God help whoever he runs to.

Edited by NorthernStar

Well done NorthernStar and it is good to hear that you have made the break and found peace.

It is never easy to leave anyone who is abusive - whether they are alcoholics or not - it is difficult to control your feelings and emotions, however bad the partner has been, and many never succeed. It must have been very traumatic for you, and it is good to know you have a lot of support.

Things will only get better from here on in, and you can slowly start to rebuild your life.

Thank you so much for keeping us informed of the "happy" ending, and I wish you the best of luck. :o

Mobi

speak to him first thing in the morning. Dont shoutat him or be annoying like women can when they are tring to suttley let us know they are annoyed. Just be genuine and just make sure its in the morning after he has gone out. Or perhaps dont say anything and let him realise on his own how much of a plonker he is being.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you implying I'm bullshitting?

I have always said I know I played my part in this disaster also. But at the end of the day, his drinking got out of control. He was drunk on a Friday night, he hit the door, his hand was swollen, I took him to the hospital, I spent the whole weekend making sure his hand would look nearly normal when he went back to work on Monday.

He was drunk on another Friday night, he was roaming around Patpong, he provoked a few Thai men, he got beaten up, I spent the whole weekend taking care of the cut near his nose and his black eye, I babysit him, I lied to his then employer so he could take a day off or two, and he gave up his job. May I also add that his then work was probably the best in his field that he could ever get out here in Thailand?

He was drunk on a Saturday night, he started yelling at me for hours because he was angry at one of his mates back home for not answering the phone, he insulted my family & friends & myself, he threatened to throw me out of the window - 6th floor - if I wouldn't let him go out to see his latest shag, I slapped him after being provoked for at least 8 hours straight, we split up. I still have a few sound clips from that night/morning when I was being verbally abused.

That was how he and I spent our weekend.

I am not without flaws. But if you saw the state I was in like my friends did, you wouldn't post a comment like that.

Happy now?

Are you implying I'm bullshitting?

I have always said I know I played my part in this disaster also. But at the end of the day, his drinking got out of control. He was drunk on a Friday night, he hit the door, his hand was swollen, I took him to the hospital, I spent the whole weekend making sure his hand would look nearly normal when he went back to work on Monday.

He was drunk on another Friday night, he was roaming around Patpong, he provoked a few Thai men, he got beaten up, I spent the whole weekend taking care of the cut near his nose and his black eye, I babysit him, I lied to his then employer so he could take a day off or two, and he gave up his job. May I also add that his then work was probably the best in his field that he could ever get out here in Thailand?

He was drunk on a Saturday night, he started yelling at me for hours because he was angry at one of his mates back home for not answering the phone, he insulted my family & friends & myself, he threatened to throw me out of the window - 6th floor - if I wouldn't let him go out to see his latest shag, I slapped him after being provoked for at least 8 hours straight, we split up. I still have a few sound clips from that night/morning when I was being verbally abused.

That was how he and I spent our weekend.

I am not without flaws. But if you saw the state I was in like my friends did, you wouldn't post a comment like that.

Happy now?

Nope, I'm not implying anything. I simply said

"I just wish he'd get on the Forum so we could here his side of the story."

I've every sympathy with your predicament and I'm please to hear that your getting out of it.

I didn't comment on you or him.

Jandajoy, I don't understand your request. The fact that someone reached out and then made a decision to leave a situation that was bad for them, why would you want to hear the other side. The request sounds insensitive and is now after the fact???

Everyone moved on. For what ever reason these things happen.

Jandajoy, I don't understand your request. The fact that someone reached out and then made a decision to leave a situation that was bad for them, why would you want to hear the other side. The request sounds insensitive and is now after the fact???

Everyone moved on. For what ever reason these things happen.

Well said.

NorthernStar just ignore it, and good luck with your life.