6 month tourist visa limit

SORRY. POST SHOULD SAY 6 TIME TOURIST VISA LIMIT.

I've heard about this new law which says you may only have 6 consecutive tourist visas. After that you must leave Thailand for 6 months before getting a new tourist visa. Does anyone know anything about this?!

It doesn't make any sense to me. Say I come to Thailand every two months as a legitimate tourist. After one year I have six consecutive tourist visas without having been outside Thailand for six months straight. So are you telling me that immigration is going to ban me from Thailand for 6 months just because I am a frequent tourist here???

Any information anyone has on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Bob,

I don't know the answer, but the way things are looking right now, ie. massive visa price hikes, i would not be at all surprised.

I just don't think that the Thai goverment wants farangs "living" there anymore.

For all of us running to the border every month, it would be good to get a solid response from the powers that be. From what I understand, the rule is to prevent 'tourists' from basically living here. But as you see in the scenerio I pointed out above, it would prevent a legitimate frequent tourist as well so I just can't understand it.

Yes, I agree. Especially with Thaksin Inc. they only want you if you have big money to spend.

Hello there-------------

Anybody knows about this 6 times tourist visa

as Bob Chittie are has heard about. It should

be new rules as he said. Maybe he talk about

6 times 1 month and not tourist visa from a

consulate.

Regards

This six time rule is causing a lot of needless panic, it refers only to six consecutive automatic 30 day free entry visa stamps. These are given no questions asked.

If you apply for a thai tourist visa 2 month this is not the same thing.

This new six time rule is to stamp out the criminals who come in and out of Thailand all the time on 30 day visa stamps.

Yes, thank you wilson steer. None of us really understood the article as it spoke of a one month tourist visa. It should have said 'one month visa free entry'! Now we know. Still, out of curiosity, what would happen if you got six visa free entries and then went to Mae Sai and walked into Burma? You couldn't come back to Thailand and you couldn't stay in Burma because the 'visa' they issue you is good for one day. Or maybe the Burmese wouldn't let you in in the first place seeing you had the 6 previous entries and you'd be told to go to BKK and fly home. But its a Thai law not a Burmese law, so I bet they would let you in and then you'd have one fun adventure.