Export Headaches ;o( Any Advice?)

kelvinlinsey

Hi i have a small business in the UK manufacturing T Shirts, i am in thailand 2 get short runs made and ship back to old blighty, ive tried to get all the answers but im sure you all know the joys ive ran into trying to get hard facts. Im a bit stuck though for the following reasons.

1.) what are my legal requirements on the Thai side when exporting, fee's, documentation, hard card? FOB?.... the last 2 are terms i have read on other site and have no idea what they mean,

2. i have spoke 2 HM customs today and they said that duty and VAT will be paid buy the shipping company, say DHL they add on a fee for Tax and duty items........ but if i use the EMS service they ask no questions in my little post office on soi 22 sukhumvit but as im shipping 2 my family until i return and set up a new office i dont really want to land them in the s+it...

Any advice is much appreciated.

Best REgards

Kelvin

This topic covered much of the same things you need to know; http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=156893.

It boils down to how much stuff is being sent. If it is a one off post is easiest and cheapest, but it may get lumbered with tax at the other end if you are unlucky. If it is going to be an on going concern, better to do all the right things. Send a PM to Raro to find out what hoops you have to jump through to do it legally. Raro is our resident professional in the import export industry.

CP, thanks for the warm words!

Garment export to the EU: You do need a certificate of origin, your shipper should be able to issue this. Ask also for a Form A, this will reduce your import duties. Without the C/O, garments cannot enter the EU.

I understand that you are buying on FOB terms, which means that your shipper takes care of all the handling up to the air- or seaport and you pay for everything from the moment the cargo is on the boat or aircraft. I just made a post on this subforum explaining this a bit more detailed as the question pops up again and again.

I do not know what a hard card is, never heard about that term.

Hope that was helpful, for more details, better send me a PM! :o

I do not know what a hard card is, never heard about that term.

Maybe he means a export card?

possibly...but this card is no longer required and the Thai customs ceased to issue it about a year ago. It has been replaced with the paperless system implemented over the last year. This "paperless" system requires each and every exporter to be registered with Thai customs and it faciliates import and export procedures. Freight forwarders do this service for their customers against a small fee.

• 3 weeks later...