> Selling Rice Patties In Isaan?

mobiryder

We found out that my wife inherited 65 rice patties in Buriram. (we're finding out the exact location and sizes tomorrow)... While we will ask the villagers how to sell them, I figured I'd ask you gents here if you know anything about how it works?

I was thinking there must be some kind of a network up there where ppl sell/buy rice patties, or maybe the best way to get money from them is to loan from the bank and use them as collateral? (she intends to open a business with the proceeds)

Any information would be appreciated, thx.

If you try to sell them all at once it will probably flood the market and cause prices to drop....in fact trying to sell land quickly almost always means you will get a very low price and selling it over a period of time as sellers express interest would probably benefit the bottom line...but...since a business is being planned and the procedes from the land sale is expected to finance the new business then perhaps options are limited.

chownah

• 3 years later...

Think you mean Rice Paddies

Patties are what you eat!

Sorry ,old son ,.Nearly got it right. The "farmer" is a Paddy farmer ,NOT a rice farmer . So ,they are Paddy fields in which he grows Paddy ,to sell (if they do, many don't) to a rice mill .The mill , mills it, and sells it as rice. Anything that is grown in soil ,and is processed in a mill, has one name into the mill ,and changes its name when it comes out of the mill. Absolutely correct about "patties' They generally are a minced meat based concoction ,formed into a shape after being mixed with "additives" , of a person's personal choice and then fried. Sadly , the most famous seems to be called a hamburger, of which one nation state seems to have an obsession with. Though some seem to refer to it as "fat peoples food"

dont get excited, probably no shanoots. probably rather like squaters rights, can be passed down in the family but cant be sold or used as collateral. just have to check.

Very true, if not a good title hard to sell to anyone not related. If it has not been used then others can claim usage. Normal way to sell is just put the word out and see if anyone is interested. Check the title, that will dictate what value you can hope to get. Jim

Why not rent them out?? Who works the land now.. or is it " just there"...

A better scheme. More so than becoming dependent on the bladdy banks and loan proposals.

If one holds true ownership, best to keep it secure. Land is worth it's weight in gold today.

Why not rent them out?? Who works the land now.. or is it " just there"...

A better scheme. More so than becoming dependent on the bladdy banks and loan proposals.

If one holds true ownership, best to keep it secure. Land is worth it's weight in gold today.

On the point

:thumbsup:

fatfather

Will you have to evict anyone ? Will anybody suffer and will you deprive anyone from scratching out a living by selling up . If that is so I would suggest you take a backseat incase you are percieved as being the land grabber .

• 1 month later...