Englishman Badly Beaten Following Incident Inside Karaoke Bar.

Pattaya_Fox

Englishman badly beaten following incident inside Karaoke Bar.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Wirawoot from Pattaya Police Station joined rescue workers at the Krua Maroom Music Bar located in Soi Potisan in Naklua in the early hours of Thursday Morning to investigate a serious assault on a English Man. At the scene, rescue workers attended to Mr. Robert Gordon aged 56 from England who had sustained a serious head wound caused by an attack by two Thai men inside the bar. Khun Pratana aged 42 who accompanied Mr. Gordon to the Bar explained to us that the two suspected attackers requested to sing a song on the Bar’s Karaoke Machine. For an unknown reason, Mr. Gordon was not in agreement with their choice of music and a verbal altercation between the two men and Mr. Gordon commenced. Nothing more happened until Mr. Gordon was left alone when Khun Pratana went to the Toilet. The two men approached Mr. Gordon and pushed him to the floor and repeatedly kicked him in the head. Following a Police investigation, one of the suspected attackers was caught and taken to Pattaya Police Station. Khun Tawatchai aged 28 confirmed the verbal altercation but claimed that he only pushed Mr. Gordon to the floor and no further assault took place. The case will be heard in court early next week.

Pattaya City News

Thursday 28th February 2008.

post-15964-1204206655_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1204206672_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1204206694_thumb.jpg

Assuming that the facts are pretty much as stated in the report, a dastardly attack indeed.

Now, I am not in any way condoning the behavior of the Thai's in this case BUT BUT this kind of behavior is very common in karoake establishments. As this type of entertainment doesn't have much appeal to most expatriates or foreign visitors, they are usually not involved in these incidents. Fights and deaths often occur at these establishments between the mashed-up Thai male patrons posturing for either their mia nois or the singers themselves.

Anyone would be well advised to stay away from such establishments in general...places where there are drunken Thai men, their fragile egos, and likely weapons is not a place to spend a relaxing evening.

Sad to say this is all to common, farang tin to forget they are only guests here and getting in a Brawl with the local in a losing cause from the start. Best to smile in the land of smile and walk away, which is much better than how our englishmen friend was taken away. :D:D:o

He didnt like the song choice......he didnt like the football team.....there are some distinct similarities.... :D

When are drunken Brits going to learn to mind their own business....Again there was no need for this to happen....all he had to do was walk away or not listen to the song. :o

He didnt like the song choice......he didnt like the football team.....there are some distinct similarities.... :D

When are drunken Brits going to learn to mind their own business....Again there was no need for this to happen....all he had to do was walk away or not listen to the song. :o

I couldn't agree more.

Sad to say this is all to common, farang tin to forget they are only guests here and getting in a Brawl with the local in a losing cause from the start. Best to smile in the land of smile and walk away, which is much better than how our englishmen friend was taken away. :D:D:o

Here we go with this "Guest" thing again ... What an overused cliche this is !

Naka.

Edited by naka

Is that a copper in the third photo towering over the seated accused? He looks mean and tough.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the current score? String 'em up United 1 : Thai apologists "They brought it all on themselves" Rovers 3.

Englishman badly beaten following incident inside Karaoke Bar.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Wirawoot from Pattaya Police Station joined rescue workers at the Krua Maroom Music Bar located in Soi Potisan in Naklua in the early hours of Thursday Morning to investigate a serious assault on a English Man. At the scene, rescue workers attended to Mr. Robert Gordon aged 56 from England who had sustained a serious head wound caused by an attack by two Thai men inside the bar. Khun Pratana aged 42 who accompanied Mr. Gordon to the Bar explained to us that the two suspected attackers requested to sing a song on the Bar's Karaoke Machine. For an unknown reason, Mr. Gordon was not in agreement with their choice of music and a verbal altercation between the two men and Mr. Gordon commenced. Nothing more happened until Mr. Gordon was left alone when Khun Pratana went to the Toilet. The two men approached Mr. Gordon and pushed him to the floor and repeatedly kicked him in the head. Following a Police investigation, one of the suspected attackers was caught and taken to Pattaya Police Station. Khun Tawatchai aged 28 confirmed the verbal altercation but claimed that he only pushed Mr. Gordon to the floor and no further assault took place. The case will be heard in court early next week.

Pattaya City News

Thursday 28th February 2008.

post-15964-1204206655_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1204206672_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1204206694_thumb.jpg

Another lesson needed by some, dont critisise ther singing of football team !,.and best keep out of these places,sad but true, heres another one,.

Naka.

Yes i agree, we are not 'GUESTS " we are just a nuisance that they put up with , or so it appears :D

I have to agree with you, and what gets me is that on a lot of accasions/incidents like this the guy is in his 50s or so,how can someone that age be so stupid ? if it was a first timer to thailand in his teens/early 20s we could almost sympathise ,but ill bet this guy is a thailand old hand that was there with his minder that thought he was safe from trouble, we are not, as this proves,

The assault on my ears as I walk past these screaming cat joints is bad enough. Why would anyone want to go in?

I don't agree with these "we are guests, we must smile meekly and kiss Thai feet" comments but if I found myself in a rough working class pub in the UK I certainly wouldn't start dissing the football or musical tastes of the locals so I wouldn't do that in an equivalent situation in Thailand either.

The assault on my ears as I walk past these screaming cat joints is bad enough. Why would anyone want to go in?

Because his Ti Rac wanted to go in.

Many girls I've rented from bars want to go in a karaoke place after leaving the bar. I assume that they get a bit of credit from the owner, for when they are out of money in future.

Because his Ti Rac wanted to go in.

Many girls I've rented from bars want to go in a karaoke place after leaving the bar. I assume that they get a bit of credit from the owner, for when they are out of money in future.

Astute post, Humph. Or maybe they're on drugs and know they won't get any sleep for hours and want to keep partying. Not all, but some.

Such brave and courageous things these People. Never do I read about a 1 on 1, it always a mob, much like a rabid pack of dogs that attacks the lone person. If this had happened in America, the Englishmen would have been perfectly justified in using a gun to shoot both of them. The cowards used a weapon called a shod foot which is considered deadly when on the ground.

It should be well known that almost 100 percent of use foreigners have no weapons which makes us an easy target.

Is pepper spray legal or is it only legal if your Thai?

Amazing Thailand indeed.

I couldn't agree more.

Seconded :D

When is a drunken Brit (or German, or Aussie, or any nationality) going to walk away from an argument?

It is the nature of the beast that opinions will be expressed loudly, forcefully and with very little logic.

It's the drink talking, not the brain.

those karaoke bars are all bad news. often the kids are spilling out of there at 6-7

in the morning. and i mean 18-21 year olds. all juiced-up and fighting with each

other. throw a farang into that mix, especially one who looks like he might not

be able to put up much of a defense, and it's a recipe for trouble. i know a lot of

really sweet, tolerant, kind thai people but they are not all that way. those young

kids, high on testosterone and yaba like to pick fights. So, unless you're happy to

engage them in battle, don't go there because it usually ends badly for the farang.

Who says he was drunk ?

Who actually believes the PCN report is an accurate report on events ?

It might just be possible that the guy was on his best behaviour, minding his own business and was set upon for no reason other than his attacker was a drunken asshol_e !

Why does everyone always assume the worst.

Naka.

Yes i agree, we are not 'GUESTS " we are just a nuisance that they put up with , or so it appears :D

They always seem to pick a fight with someone who can't fight back or is old and ALWAYS they can't do it alone. They never seem to mess with someone in their 30's, ex-army, weighing in at 250lbs and 6'2"....and who might happen to have a buddy even bigger than him hanging around...interesting....

Who says he was drunk ?

It might just be possible that the guy was on his best behaviour, minding his own business and was set upon for no reason other than his attacker was a drunken asshol_e !

have you ever known an englishman mind his own business

Yes. The English are well known for keeping quiet and to grin and bear it, when perhaps they shoud say something. It is almost a national caricature, like 'the stupid Irishman' or 'the loud mouth American'. Have you never heard of 'the stoic Englishman'?

Yes. The English are well known for keeping quiet and to grin and bear it, when perhaps they shoud say something. It is almost a national caricature, like 'the stupid Irishman' or 'the loud mouth American'. Have you never heard of 'the stoic Englishman'?

Definitely got the right nickname.

I say "Bring it on!!"

Who says he was drunk ?

Dream on.................. :o