Advice re visa/permits etc

OK - I need some expert advice about living legally in Thailand!  Here's the background:

I currently live in the UK and own a successful business that provides SMS text-chat services to UK and European mobile networks.  Although my offices are in the UK, our connections to all these mobile networks is via the internet!  So I could base the office anywhere in the world.  I had been considering moving to Spain (cheaper than the UK and nice weather), but a recent visit to Thailand has got me thinking about living there and running my business from Thailand. (Plus I met a gorgeous girl....!)

Well, I can't get my head round what the best sort of visa I need to be able to stay longterm in Thailand.  I have no problems re money to buy a house in Thailand (according to the usual methods etc). But all the work visa I can find seems to refer to working for a Thai company.  I simply want to live in Thailand and operate my UK company 'remotely'.

Maybe I should not mention my business at all, but simply live out there.  Can I get eg a visa where I simply have to demonstrate a regular income coming into the country??

Any help is much appreciated!

cheers

Simon

This is interpreted as work in Thailand. The best you can do is to setup a Thai company with 2Mil THB registered capital, and apply for a work permit. Then your thai company invoices yr company abroad.

The paid up capital must be at least 500K THB in the first year. You must pay tax, have accounting and employ some 4 Thais.

Here is a good link for you:

Incorporation

Please check and welcome back with your questions here, and I try to explain.